+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Callum O Dowda signed from Brizzle.

Re: Callum O Dowda signed from Brizzle.

I was worried for next season but based on our signings I don't think there is much need, we will comfortably be down.

Replacing even workmanlike champ players with lower league and in this guys case someone that is basically Josh Murphy but perhaps not as skillful for one game in 20.

I don't know, see who we get on loan I suppose but based on these signings I'm not buzzing

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I was worried for next season but based on our signings I don't think there is much need, we will comfortably be down.

Replacing even workmanlike champ players with lower league and in this guys case someone that is basically Josh Murphy but perhaps not as skillful for one game in 20.

I don't know, see who we get on loan I suppose but based on these signings I'm not buzzing
    Not every signing has to be a "buzzing" signing though. Not when you have to replace god-knows-how-many players that are leaving us on a free.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Not every signing has to be a "buzzing" signing though. Not when you have to replace god-knows-how-many players that are leaving us on a free.
    Of course.

I'm going off SM comments that we should be excited and he's buzzing. I know he isn't gonna say everything is shit don't bother but less BS is always appreciated by me.

As a collective so far we are far weaker than last season if we filling numbers in this way.

And with apparently no money I don't see how that's being improved.

This lad might have needed a change, maybe he will be great for us. Going off stats alone though I don't see why we have signed him. Financially he was probably cheap and happy to come as local.

Of course.

I'm going off SM comments that we should be excited and he's buzzing. I know he isn't gonna say everything is shit don't bother but less BS is always appreciated by me.

As a collective so far we are far weaker than last season if we filling numbers in this way.

And with apparently no money I don't see how that's being improved.

This lad might have needed a change, maybe he will be great for us. Going off stats alone though I don't see why we have signed him. Financially he was probably cheap and happy to come as local.
    I'd be buzzing if I was SM and I was allowed to let the players I inherited leave and bring in the players I actually want. That's exciting for any manager, surely.

I've been saying it all along and I'm getting this from nowhere but my own arse but I still think VT spends decent money before this transfer window is closed.

stats wise he doesn't have good numbers for goals or assists , but if we are just looking at those then we aren't really using stats tbh.

trying to dig a bit deeper to see what we are interested in him for:
    he's pretty quick
    dribbles fairly well
    has decent defensive numbers

if we are looking to be a side that presses high next season then he could be pretty useful, as it seems he does that well, also his ball carrying ability will be good as we didn't have many who would bring the ball forward last year.

There’s a video of a cracking goal he scored for the wurzels at Norwich I think it is in the feature on him on the club website.

As a free agent who presumably is not pushing the upper limits of the wage structure, it seems a fair punt. The concern for me is the 3-year contract.....if he fails to deliver and/or his injury-prone past continues here, we're then lumbered with another long-ish term liability.

Comfortably be down, wow. Not glass half empty, glass smashed against the wall and the wall demolished.