+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Callum O Dowda signed from Brizzle.

Callum O Dowda signed from Brizzle.

On official website

Re: Callum O Dowda signed from Brizzle.

Not sure how I feel about this one

But wouldn’t be a transfer window without a Bristol switch

Some things never change - even under Morison.
    This doesn’t particularly excite me - not sure why.

meh, but lets see what he can do

In the right setup, this could be an astute signing.

The boys got a good left peg and engine

Wurzels fans already finding this hilarious

Dont know what his assists stats are like, but his goal scoring stats are especially poor for an attacking player.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Bristol “CITY”, message-board

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/to...cial/#comments

Was he out of contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    they would though, lets be honest

1st reply to the link on OTIS

Good luck to whoever signs him, more like.

Unless it's Cardiff, there's no wishing them anything but the very worst.

160 games in 6 years shows he must offer something

another post from that OTIS thread, obviously before he signed for us

Players do come and go, however do remember that they are no different than you or I and have feelings etc.

Callum was amazing when he met my son, giving him so much time and encouraging him to pursue a dream of playing football.

Last week was mental health week, and mayn don't know some of the injuries that Callum has faced as he is quite a private person.

Many may say he should/could have delivered more, but I will say this - from what I saw, he gave his all and both he, and his family cared deeply about this club. He also did a lot in the community that was unnoticed and unreported, and represented Bristol City as a professional at all times.

Good luck Callum and I for one hope you go on to achieve more in your career.

Welcome Callum sounds like a decent lad

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Was he out of contract?
    Yes not offered a new deal.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Was he out of contract?
    Bristol had a year option that they didn't take up, but then he had barely played this season so not a surprise really

I think it’s only correct that he’s written off before he’s been sized up for his training kit.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    they would though, lets be honest

1st reply to the link on OTIS

Good luck to whoever signs him, more like.

Unless it's Cardiff, there's no wishing them anything but the very worst.

160 games in 6 years shows he must offer something

another post from that OTIS thread, obviously before he signed for us

Players do come and go, however do remember that they are no different than you or I and have feelings etc.

Callum was amazing when he met my son, giving him so much time and encouraging him to pursue a dream of playing football.

Last week was mental health week, and mayn don't know some of the injuries that Callum has faced as he is quite a private person.

Many may say he should/could have delivered more, but I will say this - from what I saw, he gave his all and both he, and his family cared deeply about this club. He also did a lot in the community that was unnoticed and unreported, and represented Bristol City as a professional at all times.

Good luck Callum and I for one hope you go on to achieve more in your career.

Welcome Callum sounds like a decent lad
    I'm sure he's a nice guy, and I hope the move works out for him and us, but the opinion held by all the Bristol City fans I know is that he's underachieved for them, drifts out of games too often and is injury-prone.
    Maybe he needs a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Bristol had a year option that they didn't take up, but then he had barely played this season so not a surprise really
    Didn’t he fall out with the manager halfway through the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    It played since January, only 7 full games last season. A downgrade on Vaulks or Bacuna or even Pack?

Explaining his reasons for releasing O’Dowda, ex-Leicester boss Pearson was tight-lipped however, simply saying “It’s just time for a change.”

“I think Callum has been here for six years. He goes with our best wishes. He is a really good lad, but it’s time for change.

“It’s time for a shift in a different direction. It’s as simple as that.”

Appears to be a squad signing but not convinced with this one at all. Struggled with injuries of late which is concerning, albeit no where near on par with Cardiff's own Vassell. But less than 40 appearances in the last 2 seasons does not help to make a good impression on a new fan base.

Statistically as well he is lacking with a handful of goals and assists. Plus only 160 Championship appearances in 6 seasons, 95 of which he was in the starting 11, which indicates that he only started in roughly third of the games played by Bristol over that period. Again this doesn't help to make a good impression of what O'Dowda can bring to Cardiff.

All the best to him when he throws on the City shirt, not every player Cardiff sign are going to be pleasing from a statistical standpoint, so with that in mind can anyone help to dispell my underwhelming reaction to this latest signing?

Good luck to him but I really hope the next few signings are a lot more exciting than this. Otherwise it’s going to be a long season.

Is Jed Wallace back from his honeymoon?

If Morison can get Bagan to score 3 in 3, surely he can squeeze more out of O'Dowda...

Not impressed by his stats over the past 6 years.....and he's given a 3 year contract??! Underwhelmed by this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Not impressed by his stats over the past 6 years.....and he's given a 3 year contract??! Underwhelmed by this one.
    He's cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    3 years! Will we ever learn

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    3 years! Will we ever learn
    He must be as cheap as chips, or Morison thinks that he can revitalise him and make him a player. Which option do you reckon

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He must be as cheap as chips, or Morison thinks that he can revitalise him and make him a player. Which option do you reckon
    Morison said he brings goals and can create goals, which surprised me as he’s usually very analytical with his statistics and the stats say otherwise. Averages 1 goal and 1 assist a season.