+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sunderland!

Re: Sunderland!

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    They're a big club, with great attendances, and they really shouldn't have spend so long down in League One. But...sometimes its good to shake things up a bit. They will do fairly well this coming season, but lose out in the play-offs. That's my precision, anyway. And it's too far away for an away trip, unless you're mental.
    Best away day of the season for me. Weekend in sunderland and a meet up with all my ex shipmates on the Friday in South shields. Can't wait.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    When I used to go by supporters club coach we would pick up fans from Malpas Interchange and united or Liverpool fans would be waiting and they would of course be given the finger

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    When I used to go by supporters club coach we would pick up fans from Malpas Interchange and united or Liverpool fans would be waiting and they would of course be given the finger
    Often see Watts coaches at the services taking Liverpool fans from the Vale up to Anfield Sludge. ****ing grips my shit. I rang Watts yesterday as i am hoping to get our bus back on the road next season and they said no can do, too busy filling up mega bus contracts. What a load of bullshit. Heard they take people from the Vale up to Old trafford and Arsenal too.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Often see Watts coaches at the services taking Liverpool fans from the Vale up to Anfield Sludge. ****ing grips my shit. I rang Watts yesterday as i am hoping to get our bus back on the road next season and they said no can do, too busy filling up mega bus contracts. What a load of bullshit. Heard they take people from the Vale up to Old trafford and Arsenal too.
    Spedger
    Disappointing, but at least they go I suppose. I wonder how much that costs over a season. Imagine doing that every weekend. I used to go away quite often, but I loved a nice, lazy Saturday morning, cooked breakfast from the Mrs, Saint and Greavsie on the box and then down the Corp for a few pints before the inevitable will we/won't we? conversation at about 2:30pm. We always did. Just one more quick pint first.

Then back in the Corp around 5pm. Thank god there were no mobile phones in those days. I'd buy a pink 'un on the way home.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Spedger
    I can't stand it

Awwww thanks guys for your input

So people living in South wales but travel hundreds of miles to watch championship or premiership football are plastics? Whats plastic about that?

Also I wonder how many commenting weren't born and bred in the city of Cardiff. Maybe they have more local teans they could have supported.....

I was born in st Marys hospital and grew up in a pair of shit holes in Cardiff in the 70's.Moved to London in the 80's and Sweden in the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    So people living in South wales but travel hundreds of miles to watch championship or premiership football are plastics? Whats plastic about that?

Also I wonder how many commenting weren't born and bred in the city of Cardiff. Maybe they have more local teans they could have supported.....
    Yep , it's piss easy to travel to watch brilliant football

Which is generally why Welsh Liverpool and United fans actually exist ......they are glory seekers

In South Wales you have cardiff , Newport and Swansea to provide you with your football kick

And these twats ignore all of them to watch the best

The fact they sit on the bus for 4 hours for a home game is their problem , they could easily support local football

So feck em

I have a good friend from Sunderland who is a lifelong Sunderland fan. He lives in East Anglia near me. Championship is his favourite division. Decent football and reasonable prices for tickets. When they were in the Premier league he found it almost impossible to get a ticket home or away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    I remember when Sunderland brought down over 10,000 to Ninian Park, at the end of the 79/80 season. Apart from Scotland fans, haven’t seen anything like it down here.
    I remember when they disrespected John Charles' minutes silence at NP. I've never seen anger like it. People were (rightly) going absolutely berserk. Stuffed them 4-0.

Found the article: https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...l-fans-2450928

Quote Originally Posted by celever View Post
    I have a good friend from Sunderland who is a lifelong Sunderland fan. He lives in East Anglia near me. Championship is his favourite division. Decent football and reasonable prices for tickets. When they were in the Premier league he found it almost impossible to get a ticket home or away.
    I find it hard to believe he couldn't find tickets for home games. Their stadium holds 49,000.