+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Retained list announced

Retained list announced

Cardiff City FC can confirm that a retained players list has been submitted to the EFL.

Eight members of the First Team squad will depart Cardiff City Stadium this summer. Leandro Bacuna, Ciaron Brown, Aden Flint, Josh Murphy, Marlon Pack, Alex Smithies, Isaac Vassell and Will Vaulks will leave the Club at the conclusion of their agreements on June 30th, 2022.

Ahead of submission, contracts were offered to Joe Ralls, George Ratcliffe, Caleb Hughes, Jac Clay, James Crole and Aidan MacNamara.

Sean Morrison will continue his rehabilitation from injury with the Bluebirds.

The full 2021/22 retained list can be found below:

2021/22 Retained List

First Team

Joel Bagan, James Collins, Rubin Colwill, Isaak Davies, Oliver Denham, Kieron Evans, Mark Harris, Eli King, Rohan Luthra, Mark McGuinness, Curtis Nelson, Perry Ng, Dillon Phillips, Tom Sang, Jai Semenyo, Max Watters, Gavin Whyte, Ryan Wintle, Chanka Zimba.

Retained U23s

Cian Ashford, James Connolly, Tom Davies, Taylor Jones, Ryan Kavanagh, Jack Leahy, Owen Pritchard, Matthew Turner.

Departing U23s

Ibrahim Bakare, Tavio D'Almeida, Siyabonga Ligendza, Ntazana Mayembe, Keenan Patten.

Retained scholars

Joel Colwill, Adam Coomer, Jacob Dennis, Isaac Jefferies, Callum Jones, Tana Jones, Joseph Keeping, Kyle Kenniford, Morgan Lewis, Lewys Ware, Morgan Wigley.

Departing scholars

Benjamin Coley, Joshua Rippon, Rhys Schwank.

We’d like to take this opportunity to thank all departing players and scholars for their contributions

Re: Retained list announced

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Cardiff City FC can confirm that a retained players list has been submitted to the EFL.

Eight members of the First Team squad will depart Cardiff City Stadium this summer. Leandro Bacuna, Ciaron Brown, Aden Flint, Josh Murphy, Marlon Pack, Alex Smithies, Isaac Vassell and Will Vaulks will leave the Club at the conclusion of their agreements on June 30th, 2022.

Ahead of submission, contracts were offered to Joe Ralls, George Ratcliffe, Caleb Hughes, Jac Clay, James Crole and Aidan MacNamara.

Sean Morrison will continue his rehabilitation from injury with the Bluebirds.

The full 2021/22 retained list can be found below:

2021/22 Retained List

First Team

Joel Bagan, James Collins, Rubin Colwill, Isaak Davies, Oliver Denham, Kieron Evans, Mark Harris, Eli King, Rohan Luthra, Mark McGuinness, Curtis Nelson, Perry Ng, Dillon Phillips, Tom Sang, Jai Semenyo, Max Watters, Gavin Whyte, Ryan Wintle, Chanka Zimba.

Retained U23s

Cian Ashford, James Connolly, Tom Davies, Taylor Jones, Ryan Kavanagh, Jack Leahy, Owen Pritchard, Matthew Turner.

Departing U23s

Ibrahim Bakare, Tavio D'Almeida, Siyabonga Ligendza, Ntazana Mayembe, Keenan Patten.

Retained scholars

Joel Colwill, Adam Coomer, Jacob Dennis, Isaac Jefferies, Callum Jones, Tana Jones, Joseph Keeping, Kyle Kenniford, Morgan Lewis, Lewys Ware, Morgan Wigley.

Departing scholars

Benjamin Coley, Joshua Rippon, Rhys Schwank.

We’d like to take this opportunity to thank all departing players and scholars for their contributions
    shouldnt it be 2022/23

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    shouldnt it be 2022/23
    I think it's 21/22 as they're being retained at the end of the 21/22 season.

I thought Rhys Schwank was highly rated

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Cardiff couldn’t risk playing a boy with that name, what with the message board warriors about

So the only senior player offered a deal was Ralls.

Wonder if it's a new contract for Connolly or just the 1 year extension. Hope Crole signs his contract.
    Interesting to see what happens with Morrison.

Gutted about Brown - he looked a great magician shame he was a rubbish footballer

Bacuna, Vassell, Murphy, Flint and Pack are all starring in a major new motion picture. The Madness of Neil Warnock.

What a waste of money

Good stuff!

Now let's sign Bale, Ramsey, Laurent, Wallace and a striker that isn't Collins.

Seems pretty sure that the delay was down to the club wanting to announce that Ralls had renewed his contract, the odds would seem to be on him leaving now. Good to see Ratcliffe hasn’t been released, but, again, it reads as if he could be off anyway.

Someone mentioned Rhys Schwank, bit surprised to see him go - I don’t watch as much under 18 football as I did pre Covid, but he’s always looked one of the best players when I do see them play. I

Also, Taz Mayembe was playing in first team friendlies four and five years ago, what went wrong there?

I see Morrison will continue his rehabilitation but is not included in the retained list.
    Does this mean that he can leave when fit ?
    We desperately need a quality centre half. Perhaps a loanee ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I quite like the name Rhys

What's the deal with Morrison? Are we still paying him?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I think it's 21/22 as they're being retained at the end of the 21/22 season.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Also, Taz Mayembe was playing in first team friendlies four and five years ago, what went wrong there?
    Are you sure about that? He's only 19.

Our new signings will have to make a big impact because that list of retained first-team players looks like the squad of a mid-table League One club.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Are you sure about that? He's only 19.
    He may have played at Taffs Well in the season we got promoted and I’m fairly sure he did in 18/19 - at the very least he’d played for the first team at 16.

Interesting comments on Twitter from the club. Pack, leader. Vaulks, inspirational. Smithies, player of the season. Aden Flint, goalscorer.

Then the last two, Murphy, played. Bacuna... all the best.

He may have played at Taffs Well in the season we got promoted and I’m fairly sure he did in 18/19 - at the very least he’d played for the first team at 16.
    Mayembe played in 2019. Was only 16.

Contract extension for Luthra just announced too.

Great to see so much dead wood off the wage bill. Need a lot of players still but hopefully an exciting season ahead.

Seems pretty sure that the delay was down to the club wanting to announce that Ralls had renewed his contract, the odds would seem to be on him leaving now.
    The EFL announce them tomorrow, so the club might as well publish it. I don't think it has too much bearing on Ralls.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Contract extension for Luthra just announced too.
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ract-extension

Is he ahead of Ratcliffe in the pecking order now as 3rd choice - if Ratcliffe accepts the contract offer?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ract-extension

Is he ahead of Ratcliffe in the pecking order now as 3rd choice - if Ratcliffe accepts the contract offer?
    I seem to recall a suggestion that Ratcliffe would have made the bench last season but he got injured

Does it suggest we're looking to move Phillips on? We've kept Turner so that's 5 keepers in the first team & u23s