+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Retained list announced

Re: Retained list announced

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ract-extension

Is he ahead of Ratcliffe in the pecking order now as 3rd choice - if Ratcliffe accepts the contract offer?
    Presume Ratcliffe or Luthra will go out on loan for the season if Ratcliffe signs. Luthra signed his new contact ages ago, so not sure why taken so long to announce.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I quite like the name Rhys
    it would certainly please the Welsh Nat's

If we can just land Bale I think it might encourage a couple of quality loans, who otherwise not come to Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    If we can just land Bale I think it might encourage a couple of quality loans, who otherwise not come to Cardiff
    we have never really struggled to get loans to come here, had some pretty decent players over the years, but imagine the draw of being on the same Bill as Bale its got to be massive

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Great to see so much dead wood off the wage bill. Need a lot of players still but hopefully an exciting season ahead.
    To paraphrase an old Chinese curse-
    May you live through an exciting season

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Cardiff City FC can confirm that a retained players list has been submitted to the EFL.

Eight members of the First Team squad will depart Cardiff City Stadium this summer. Leandro Bacuna, Ciaron Brown, Aden Flint, Josh Murphy, Marlon Pack, Alex Smithies, Isaac Vassell and Will Vaulks will leave the Club at the conclusion of their agreements on June 30th, 2022.

Ahead of submission, contracts were offered to Joe Ralls, George Ratcliffe, Caleb Hughes, Jac Clay, James Crole and Aidan MacNamara.

Sean Morrison will continue his rehabilitation from injury with the Bluebirds.

The full 2021/22 retained list can be found below:

2021/22 Retained List

First Team

Joel Bagan, James Collins, Rubin Colwill, Isaak Davies, Oliver Denham, Kieron Evans, Mark Harris, Eli King, Rohan Luthra, Mark McGuinness, Curtis Nelson, Perry Ng, Dillon Phillips, Tom Sang, Jai Semenyo, Max Watters, Gavin Whyte, Ryan Wintle, Chanka Zimba.

Retained U23s

Cian Ashford, James Connolly, Tom Davies, Taylor Jones, Ryan Kavanagh, Jack Leahy, Owen Pritchard, Matthew Turner.

Departing U23s

Ibrahim Bakare, Tavio D'Almeida, Siyabonga Ligendza, Ntazana Mayembe, Keenan Patten.

Retained scholars

Joel Colwill, Adam Coomer, Jacob Dennis, Isaac Jefferies, Callum Jones, Tana Jones, Joseph Keeping, Kyle Kenniford, Morgan Lewis, Lewys Ware, Morgan Wigley.

Departing scholars

Benjamin Coley, Joshua Rippon, Rhys Schwank.

We’d like to take this opportunity to thank all departing players and scholars for their contributions
    Surprised none of these youngsters have signed their extensions

George Ratcliffe, Caleb Hughes, Jac Clay, James Crole and Aidan MacNamara.

A few age grade Welsh internationals there.

Would be good to see them stay.

Also hope Joe Ralls extends

I’ll pass judgement once the full picture is clear but that first team list doesn’t fill me with confidence.

Glad we’ve got the dead wood off the payroll though, and excited to see how the new players fit in, and what style of play we attempt this coming season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Surprised none of these youngsters have signed their extensions

George Ratcliffe, Caleb Hughes, Jac Clay, James Crole and Aidan MacNamara.

A few age grade Welsh internationals there.

Would be good to see them stay.

Also hope Joe Ralls extends
    It is surprising especially as the path into the first team hasn't been this good in ten years or more

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ract-extension

Is he ahead of Ratcliffe in the pecking order now as 3rd choice - if Ratcliffe accepts the contract offer?
    A rare sighting of Ken Choo in the signings by Joel Colwill and Rohan Luthra. He must have been at a loose end and decided to come to Cardiff yesterday. He didn't manage to appear in the signing photos of O'Dowda, Collins, Tanner, Alnwick and Adams. He must have had something else to do on those occasions. Those Lamborghinis don't sell themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Also, Taz Mayembe was playing in first team friendlies four and five years ago, what went wrong there?
    I'd be interested in the answer to that too. Got capped by Zambia in June last year and WalesOnline were still tipping him as one to watch in December but they didn't explain how to go about watching him. No sign of him here last season that I remember.