+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FT: WALES 1 - 1 BELGIUM. Match thread

Re: FT: WALES 1 - 1 BELGIUM. Match thread

That was great.
    I love this team so much.

Just a pity we didn’t close out the Poland and Netherlands games but can’t fault the effort

That was terrific. We so deserved the equaliser. Much better than the last two games. We have more about us when Wilson starts and Ampadu is at CDM. You could see the equaliser coming. Lovely to see us pushing forward like that.
    Great assist for Ramsey who played well when he came on.

I think we all know Johnson could be the next big star. The only issue is Sorba Thomas not being given game time. He deserves a chance.

Really enjoyable match, which tends to happen when we play these lot. Chuffed Brennan got his first goal and unfortunate Ampadu couldn’t get his too. Feels like we deserve a bit more than a point out of these three games but on the whole they’ve been encouraging performances to different degrees.

If City can't nail on Colwill as a starter there's something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    That was terrific. We so deserved the equaliser. Much better than the last two games. We have more about us when Wilson starts and Ampadu is at CDM. You could see the equaliser coming. Lovely to see us pushing forward like that.
    Great assist for Ramsey who played well when he came on.

I think we all know Johnson could be the next big star. The only issue is Sorba Thomas not being given game time. He deserves a chance.
    What i love about Johnson he does not try to smash the ball into the net,a bit like Ian Rush.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    What i love about Johnson he does not try to smash the ball into the net,a bit like Ian Rush.
    He passed it into the net. Composed and full of confidence. It’s great to see.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    It was a class finish.
    Class smile for the camera as well.
    First of many for us I'm sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    It was a class finish.
    Class smile for the camera as well.
    First of many for us I'm sure!
    That was a bit of play by Ramsey to set him up, great finish mind, can't teach composure, but Ramsey, **** me!

Good stuff. Starting to feel like we belong alongside the likes of Belgium and Netherlands now, rather than just hoping for an upset when we play them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That was a bit of play by Ramsey to set him up, great finish mind, can't teach composure, but Ramsey, **** me!
    Tremendous audacity :)

Cracking game, Belgium must hate playing Wales! Only annoying thing was that the Belgian goal was a carbon copy of the Dutch one, caught napping after half time again.
    Lots of attacking threat from Wales (James in particular) and was an excellent performance. Feel a lot better after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Good stuff. Starting to feel like we belong alongside the likes of Belgium and Netherlands now, rather than just hoping for an upset when we play them.
    Having got to the top table I hope we can remain in tier A and continue to play the best teams.
    Looks a tall order.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Bonkers he's brought on Burns at wing back ahead of Thomas
    Burns did well, looked much better than a league one player.

Really encouraging performance, thought we went toe to toe with a good side and more than held our own. Great goal and performance from Johnson, thought he looked brilliant when he came on.

Re: WALES v BELGIUM. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Gluey gets his wish, Ampadu in midfield.
    I'll let you be the judge of my early analysis regarding Ampadu and Johnson. It was great to see so many young Welsh players finish the match

Ramsey was outstanding when he entered the fray.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Ramsey was outstanding when he entered the fray.
    yes so much better than the Ukraine game

That's what we can get from Ramsey, when Ampadu is backing him up instead of Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'll let you be the judge of my early analysis regarding Ampadu and Johnson. It was great to see so many young Welsh players finish the match
    Agreed and the best thing for me is that they improved the team. Ampadu did well, but I did note that we had our best spell when he went back into defence - think that was just a result of the impact the subs had more than him not fitting in as a midfielder. Mepham has had a good set of June games and, if he can maintain that form, I can see Ampadu becoming more of a midfielder for Wales - Allen was playing a bit further forward while he was on and did pretty well.

Johnson is knocking on the door very hard to be included every game, but I was a bit disappointed in him against the Dutch and I thought James caused them a lot problems last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Agreed, I was disappointed that he wasn’t even on the bench for the Poland game given that it was a virtual reserve team which played in that game, but I’d say he’s done his cause no harm at all in the last two matches. Still think Morison will be reluctant to make him a regular though if he places as much emphasis on what his team does without the ball in the coming season as he did in the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    WOL gave him 5 out of 10 which is extremely harsh for me.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I thought he looked assured and composed when he came on. Helped to raise tempo and energy levels towards the end.

The strength in depth of Welsh men’s football in 2022 is as good as it’s ever been.

Johnson's late equaliser preserves Wales' proud recent record against the highest ranked team in the world in recent years.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    An underwhelming set of marks all round - hate to see what he would have made of some of City's matches last season.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-star-24203596