+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Litter/Rubbish in Jubilee Park on match day

Litter/Rubbish in Jubilee Park on match day

Just noticed how messy it looks after last nights game. The council should allocate more bins for the public to use. Once the gulls see it , they only make it worse. Other than that, try and educate the public to take it home- but that’s too much trouble , isn’t it?
    Can’t believe the irresponsible actions on both sides. What’s the matter with people these days ?Keep Wales Tidy.

Re: Litter/Rubbish in Jubilee Park on match day

It blows my mind when I see people throw rubbish on the floor. You just don't expect that anymore. I parked in a multi-story yesterday and someone who had occupied the space next to me had clearly emptied all the crap out of their car and just left it there. I was outraged. My wife just calmly said: "some people are just ****ing assholes, what do you expect?"

After a big rugby match or concert in the stadium I've noticed the council bring in massive bins positioned mostly at the station end of at Mary Street by McDonald's.

The streets were still littered with rubbish around these giant half empty bins, some people are just gross.

There's never an excuse to drop litter but in some places, as mentioned, they could certainly add more bins.

And don’t start me off on the overflowing dog shite bins, with bags just thrown on the floor near the bins. Earth to idiot, if the dog shite bin is full take it home

Oh and while we are at it, people who litter the countryside, lock them up.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    And don’t start me off on the overflowing dog shite bins, with bags just thrown on the floor near the bins. Earth to idiot, if the dog shite bin is full take it home

Oh and while we are at it, people who litter the countryside, lock them up.
    The people that sling the dog shit bags into the trees baffle me. They have stopped to pick it up but then can't be bothered to dispose of it properly.

Seen them hanging from trees and all sorts, I'm assuming they are thrown and get caught as opposed to some weird decorating movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    The people that sling the dog shit bags into the trees baffle me. They have stopped to pick it up but then can't be bothered to dispose of it properly.

Seen them hanging from trees and all sorts, I'm assuming they are thrown and get caught as opposed to some weird decorating movement.
    It's really peculiar. It's not as if there's any likelihood of it being collected.

Fellow fishermen leaving litter , need a good slap

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It blows my mind when I see people throw rubbish on the floor. You just don't expect that anymore. I parked in a multi-story yesterday and someone who had occupied the space next to me had clearly emptied all the crap out of their car and just left it there. I was outraged. My wife just calmly said: "some people are just ****ing assholes, what do you expect?"
    Same. There is absolutely no excuse for it. It amazes me, the mindset that people can go to somewhere that by definition is attractive (having chosen to site there) and leave their shit around.

I do think a lack of planning is partly responsible - It's not rocket science for the FAW and council to sort it out, but fundementally some people just think it's okay to leave their shit there. The police should drop a few spot fines on them

Same as people parking in disabled spaces

They just don't care

Taking the short cut is also way out of order!!!!!!!

I took my litter home last night and recycled everything - including my son’s chocolate bar wrappers.
    I live in Bristol, so that really is keeping Wales tidy!
    I stopped dropping litter when I was about 8 years old and that’s bad enough. My boys are disgusted by litter.

I wish they'd label things properly

It really really saddens me.
    Walking in the area I grew up in last week and I was appalled at the litter.

Why why why are people so lazy or intent on screwing up their area?

The reens are what saddened me most, always full of Newts, Fish and occasionally frogs...now full of shopping trolleys and junk food wrappers.

It boils my piss so much.

More bins would help, it’s clearly an area that’s going to get a lot of footfall so why not put a load more bins there. They’re always overflowing with stuff piled around them on matchdays

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

They all believe in the Dog Shit Faeries who come around and collect it at midnight.