+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kate Bush

Kate Bush

With all the youngsters discovering her for the first time due to the Stranger Things series, i decided to play some of her stuff last night. Always liked her music.
    She was a rare talent. Never made it big in the states due to her fear of flying,
    To think she wrote “The man with the child in his eyes” at the age of 13, is so impressive..

Re: Kate Bush

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    With all the youngsters discovering her for the first time due to the Stranger Things series, i decided to play some of her stuff last night. Always liked her music.
    She was a rare talent. Never made it big in the states due to her fear of flying,
    To think she wrote “The man with the child in his eyes” at the age of 13, is so impressive..
    I fuucking love 'Wuthering Heights'.

Watched a documentary about her a few years ago, I was really impressed how she took control of her own career and was feisty as fuuck with the business and the amount of male waankers who tried it on with her.

She's a Tory though so gets marked down for that.

Been a big fan all of her career and Hounds of Love is probably my favourite album of all time. I was fortunate enough to get to see her Before The Dawn concert at Hammersmith a few years ago.
    Part of her appeal is how she has managed to distance herself from the mainstream al most her entire career, which I guess leaves fans wanting more.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Been a big fan all of her career and Hounds of Love is probably my favourite album of all time. I was fortunate enough to get to see her Before The Dawn concert at Hammersmith a few years ago.
    Part of her appeal is how she has managed to distance herself from the mainstream al most her entire career, which I guess leaves fans wanting more.
    A useful tip to some of us on this message board perhaps

She's almost 64. Flabby and saggy with large bags under her eyes.

I do believe even Sludge would pause before leaping upon her person for a spot of urgent rogering.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I fuucking love 'Wuthering Heights'.

Watched a documentary about her a few years ago, I was really impressed how she took control of her own career and was feisty as fuuck with the business and the amount of male waankers who tried it on with her.

She's a Tory though so gets marked down for that.
    I don’t think she is a Tory and was just pointing out she was pleased a woman had become PM when May got in.

Kate Bush: 'I'm not a Tory supporter' - https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-46808017

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I don’t think she is a Tory and was just pointing out she was pleased a woman had become PM when May got in.
    I stand corrected.

Cheers Pearcy and Orgs for putting me right.

Luv ya Kate.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    She has a fear of flying ?

Me and her have something in common

I will support her through these troubled times

Cloudbusting is her finest moment

Great song

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I stand corrected.

Cheers Pearcy and Orgs for putting me right.

Luv ya Kate.
    Get in line

I like Kate Bush, but not a massive fan of “Running up that Hill.” My favourite by her is probably “Wow”. Think that song shows she got a wicked sense of humour, ‘Too busy hitting the vaseline’ and patting her backside as she’s singing it in the video 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    She's almost 64. Flabby and saggy with large bags under her eyes.

I do believe even Sludge would pause before leaping upon her person for a spot of urgent rogering.
    name a 64 year old you would roger apart from your uncle dave

Never liked her since her first, screeching, hit, "Wuthering Heights'.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    We all have our opinions. What you heard as screeching, i heard as completely left field and somebody so young and confident to put something new out there.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Cloudbusting is her finest moment

Great song
    I agree.
    Wasn't it about some inventor ?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I agree.
    Wasn't it about some inventor ?
    Wilhelm Reich, rather eccentric psychoanalyst, song is written from the perspective of his son.

Well, her second hit, Man with the child in his eyes, should have put you right about her just being a screecher. She’s a true original, the number of times I’ve heard something by her for the first time and thought what on earth is that (including Wuthering Heights) is amazing, but I always end up loving the song concerned.

Another reason to like her is that she references the great film Night of the Demon in Hounds of Love - possibly the most frightening film I’ve ever seen, except they really shouldn’t have revealed the, laughable, monster at the end

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    the number of times I’ve heard something by her for the first time and thought what on earth is that (including Wuthering Heights) is amazing
    I know the feeling

Growing up on a mainly large dose of alternative music, Kate Bush was able to breakthrough into my 'indie' bubble. If you think about it, she is actually the perfect 'indie' artist. Took control of her own career, made the music she wanted, didn't give a f**k, sung about topics she was interested in, dressed how she liked, made bizarre and interesting videos and completely uninterested in 'celebrity'.

Legend.

https://twitter.com/thejunebugfreak/...aRCzGqLQO95X_Q

Another reason to like her is that she references the great film Night of the Demon in Hounds of Love - possibly the most frightening film I’ve ever seen, except they really shouldn’t have revealed the, laughable, monster at the end [/QUOTE]

Night of the Demon is one of the greatest horror films ever made. Martin Scorsese is a huge fan and put it in his Top 10 horror films of all time as is Sam Raimi who made a homage to it with Drag her to Hell rather than a remake

The demon at the end scared the hell out of me as a kid (obviously the effects haven't aged well but its still effective) - as did The Devil Rides Out

Hope they never remake it

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Another reason to like her is that she references the great film Night of the Demon in Hounds of Love - possibly the most frightening film I’ve ever seen, except they really shouldn’t have revealed the, laughable, monster at the end.
    If you're a fan of Night of the Demon and haven't already got it, I can highly recommend the Powerhouse Films two-disc Blu-Ray edition. It contains no less than four different cuts of the film and a whole host of interesting extras:

https://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/co...f-the-demon-bd

Some Kate Bush trivia:

Kate's dance teacher, Lindsay Kemp, also taught David Bowie and had a minor role in the Wicker Man (another of my favourite films), in which he played pub landlord Alder MacGregor.

Kate has often highlighted Killing Joke as being one of her favourite bands. Killing Joke's Martin Glover (aka Youth) played bass on her 1986 single The Big Sky, which was taken from the Hounds of Love album.

Although not generally given to praising other artists, John Lydon has frequently spoken of his admiration for Kate Bush's music over the years. He names The Kick Inside as one of his favourite albums.

While their best-known collaboration is the 1986 single Don't Give Up, Kate Bush also worked with Peter Gabriel on his third solo album in 1979. She provided backing vocals on the tracks No Self Control and Games Without Frontiers, which reached number 4 in the UK charts when released as a single in 1980.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Another reason to like her is that she references the great film Night of the Demon in Hounds of Love - possibly the most frightening film I’ve ever seen, except they really shouldn’t have revealed the, laughable, monster at the end
    Night of the Demon is one of the greatest horror films ever made. Martin Scorsese is a huge fan and put it in his Top 10 horror films of all time as is Sam Raimi who made a homage to it with Drag her to Hell rather than a remake

The demon at the end scared the hell out of me as a kid (obviously the effects haven't aged well but its still effective) - as did The Devil Rides Out

Hope they never remake it[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was about fourteen when I first watched it and the demon did frighten me a lot then. I can remember walking my dog at about 5 o clock one winter’s morning, so it was very dark and I’d heard Hounds of Love just before I went out, so I was humming/singing it as I walked and then about half way though what was about a mile walk, the “it’s coming through the trees line” came into my head and, of course, once it was there, I couldn’t get rid of it. So, with me, once I think of Night of The Demon, that scene where Dana Andrews goes back to Carswell’s House soon follows, so that morning, I had about half a mile to walk in the dark with no one else but my mutt who would have been no defence if the demon had turned up - needless to say, my walk turned into something very much like a run and I was puffing and blowing like anything when I got back in the house

Agree about any remake, I don’t think I’d bother watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    If you're a fan of Night of the Demon and haven't already got it, I can highly recommend the Powerhouse Films two-disc Blu-Ray edition. It contains no less than four different cuts of the film and a whole host of interesting extras:

https://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/co...f-the-demon-bd

Some Kate Bush trivia:

Kate's dance teacher, Lindsay Kemp, also taught David Bowie and had a minor role in the Wicker Man (another of my favourite films), in which he played pub landlord Alder MacGregor.

Kate has often highlighted Killing Joke as being one of her favourite bands. Killing Joke's Martin Glover (aka Youth) played bass on her 1986 single The Big Sky, which was taken from the Hounds of Love album.

Although not generally given to praising other artists, John Lydon has frequently spoken of his admiration for Kate Bush's music over the years. He names The Kick Inside as one of his favourite albums.

While their best-known collaboration is the 1986 single Don't Give Up, Kate Bush also worked with Peter Gabriel on his third solo album in 1979. She provided backing vocals on the tracks No Self Control and Games Without Frontiers, which reached number 4 in the UK charts when released as a single in 1980.
    Wicker Man is a great film and Britt Ekland as Willow is very easy on the eye.