+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kate Bush

Re: Kate Bush

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    If you're a fan of Night of the Demon and haven't already got it, I can highly recommend the Powerhouse Films two-disc Blu-Ray edition. It contains no less than four different cuts of the film and a whole host of interesting extras:

https://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/co...f-the-demon-bd

Some Kate Bush trivia:

Kate's dance teacher, Lindsay Kemp, also taught David Bowie and had a minor role in the Wicker Man (another of my favourite films), in which he played pub landlord Alder MacGregor.

Kate has often highlighted Killing Joke as being one of her favourite bands. Killing Joke's Martin Glover (aka Youth) played bass on her 1986 single The Big Sky, which was taken from the Hounds of Love album.

Although not generally given to praising other artists, John Lydon has frequently spoken of his admiration for Kate Bush's music over the years. He names The Kick Inside as one of his favourite albums.

While their best-known collaboration is the 1986 single Don't Give Up, Kate Bush also worked with Peter Gabriel on his third solo album in 1979. She provided backing vocals on the tracks No Self Control and Games Without Frontiers, which reached number 4 in the UK charts when released as a single in 1980.
    Thanks Dave, I do have a DVD of it, but it’s a Japanese version which defaults into that language when you play it and I have guess to which one of the multi choices for other language versions is the English one, so I’ve just ordered that DVD you mention - should be very good with all of those extras on there

If you're a fan of Night of the Demon and haven't already got it, I can highly recommend the Powerhouse Films two-disc Blu-Ray edition. It contains no less than four different cuts of the film and a whole host of interesting extras:

Some Kate Bush trivia:

Kate's dance teacher, Lindsay Kemp, also taught David Bowie and had a minor role in the Wicker Man (another of my favourite films), in which he played pub landlord Alder MacGregor.

Kate has often highlighted Killing Joke as being one of her favourite bands. Killing Joke's Martin Glover (aka Youth) played bass on her 1986 single The Big Sky, which was taken from the Hounds of Love album.

Although not generally given to praising other artists, John Lydon has frequently spoken of his admiration for Kate Bush's music over the years. He names The Kick Inside as one of his favourite albums.

While their best-known collaboration is the 1986 single Don't Give Up, Kate Bush also worked with Peter Gabriel on his third solo album in 1979. She provided backing vocals on the tracks No Self Control and Games Without Frontiers, which reached number 4 in the UK charts when released as a single in 1980.
    She was very good singing Larry Adler's Glory of Gershwin

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thanks Dave, I do have a DVD of it, but it’s a Japanese version which defaults into that language when you play it and I have guess to which one of the multi choices for other language versions is the English one, so I’ve just ordered that DVD you mention - should be very good with all of those extras on there
    I hope you meant Blu-Ray. I'd hate to think you'd ordered a Blu-Ray thinking it was a DVD.

Hopefully, you have a Blu-Ray player because the two-disc edition is excellent. All sorts of interesting bits and pieces on there. As for the demon itself, apparently the director didn't want it in the film and clashed with the producer over it, although the accounts are varied. Some good debates about that issue from the critics on the Blu-Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Wicker Man is a great film and Britt Ekland as Willow is very easy on the eye.
    Rumors are it was a body double

I hope you meant Blu-Ray. I'd hate to think you'd ordered a Blu-Ray thinking it was a DVD.

Hopefully, you have a Blu-Ray player because the two-disc edition is excellent. All sorts of interesting bits and pieces on there. As for the demon itself, apparently the director didn't want it in the film and clashed with the producer over it, although the accounts are varied. Some good debates about that issue from the critics on the Blu-Ray.
    Yeah, I ordered the one you linked to, I’ve got a Blue ray player, but it’s been a long while since I used it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    I like Kate Bush, but not a massive fan of “Running up that Hill.”
    It's a good song by a unique singer. Here is a different take.

Kate Bush's Hounds of Love and Paul Simons Graceland are the only two albums that I have continuously since they were first released. Originally had them on cassette for my Walkman, but over time had the vinyl and CD versions (which I still have in my car). I still listen to them regularly, which feels like meeting an old friend again.

She is definitely one of the artists I regret not going to see live in her younger days in the early 80’s.
    Her music still sounds fresh after all of these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    She is definitely one of the artists I regret not going to see live in her younger days in the early 80’s.
    Her music still sounds fresh after all of these years.
    You would have had a job seeing her in the 80s. She's only ever toured twice - 1979 and her Hammersmith residency 8 years ago. Apart from the odd TV performance (Running Up That Hill on Wogan being particularly good) and the Amnesty gig posted earlier, that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    You would have had a job seeing her in the 80s. She's only ever toured twice - 1979 and her Hammersmith residency 8 years ago. Apart from the odd TV performance (Running Up That Hill on Wogan being particularly good) and the Amnesty gig posted earlier, that's about it.
    Yep that really is incredibly limited. I remember stuff surrounding the 1979 tour with all the dance routines. I also recall the tour 8 years ago when she didn’t want the audience to use their mobile phones. Such a shame she didn’t tour more often.

Does it still hold that ‘One in Kate Bush is worth two in the hand’ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yep that really is incredibly limited. I remember stuff surrounding the 1979 tour with all the dance routines. I also recall the tour 8 years ago when she didn’t want the audience to use their mobile phones. Such a shame she didn’t tour more often.
    2 of the 2014 concerts were recorded with the intention of releasing a complete concert on dvd. Such a shame its never happened, but rumours were that she was not happy with her own appearance so never agreed to the release.
    There's the odd clip on YouTube that people recorded but not much. I didn't see a single person trying to record it when I was there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    There were a couple of 'Kate Bush at the BBC' compilation docs on BBC 4 (repeated last year) that lasted well over an hour each - some duplication but only some. From that it looked like she did about 15-20 TV performances, mainly in the early years.

I am a fan. She is a unique musical genius.

Some Kate Bush trivia:

Always liked John Lydon. Even more so after finding out he tried to out Jimmy Saville as a “wrong un” many yrs ago.
    It predictably fell on deaf ears, and was once again brushed under the carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Always liked John Lydon. Even more so after finding out he tried to out Jimmy Saville as a “wrong un” many yrs ago.
    It predictably fell on deaf ears, and was once again brushed under the carpet.
    Have you seen his London bus tour video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SkUPM_T7FE

Im sure kate bush was live at the hammersmith odeon on a Saturday we played Fulham a few years back.
    I remember our bus going past and a long queue waiting to go in.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Im sure kate bush was live at the hammersmith odeon on a Saturday we played Fulham a few years back.
    I remember our bus going past and a long queue waiting to go in.
    Well remembered ��

She can run up my hill

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Well remembered ��
    I was craning my kneck to get a look at Kate's bush !

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I was craning my kneck to get a look at Kate's bush !
    No need for that on here

Although she was a crumpet in her day

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    No need for that on here

Although she was a crumpet in her day

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Surprised it took the best part of three days after the start of this thread for this video to appear

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Surprised it took the best part of three days after the start of this thread for this video to appear
    Me too!

Cloudbusting , she looked fantastic in that

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61843442

The remarkable resurgence of Kate Bush's 80s classic Running Up That Hill has culminated in the song going to number one in the UK singles chart.