+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kate Bush

Re: Kate Bush

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61843442

The remarkable resurgence of Kate Bush's 80s classic Running Up That Hill has culminated in the song going to number one in the UK singles chart.
    At this stage she hasn't even got out of bed for the few weeks, which is a sad indictment of the modern music charts. I wish I could have a number one by doing absolutely nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    At this stage she hasn't even got out of bed for the few weeks, which is a sad indictment of the modern music charts. I wish I could have a number one by doing absolutely nothing
    Get a catheter fitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Apparently she's got about £1million in royalties without getting out of bed, just by approving Stranger Things to feature her song.

My daughter likes to listen to a Top 40 station when we're in the car. Running Up That Hill just came on and in terms of substance, artistry, and quality it was just head and shoulders above everything else they play. My daughter was very intrigued. We'll have a little Kate Bush session on YouTube tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    My daughter likes to listen to a Top 40 station when we're in the car. Running Up That Hill just came on and in terms of substance, artistry, and quality it was just head and shoulders above everything else they play. My daughter was very intrigued. We'll have a little Kate Bush session on YouTube tonight.
    I watched episodes 4 and 5 of the latest Stranger Things season last night, so it’s been Kate Bush CDs spinning here all day today. She’s so good. I reckon one of the clearest indications of her talent is the fact that fans of so many different types of music love her stuff. Amazing artist. I think it’s great that kids are now discovering her back-catalogue as a result of Stranger Things.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I watched episodes 4 and 5 of the latest Stranger Things season last night, so it’s been Kate Bush CDs spinning here all day today. She’s so good. I reckon one of the clearest indications of her talent is the fact that fans of so many different types of music love her stuff. Amazing artist. I think it’s great that kids are now discovering her back-catalogue as a result of Stranger Things.
    I haven't watched Stranger Things yet. I have to start. I watched the first episode of Peaky Blinders for the second time last night, I'm just not that interested. I'll give it a few more episodes.

Kate Bush is currently the youngest (19, Wuthering Heights) and oldest (63, Running up that hill), Female artist to have a UK Number 1 with a self written song!

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Kate Bush is currently the youngest (19, Wuthering Heights) and oldest (63, Running up that hill), Female artist to have a UK Number 1 with a self written song!
    Also, I believe, the longest (or 2nd longest) period between number 1s.

https://youtu.be/Y7-ladC3eAQ

A one off musical and lyrical genius.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Her music still sounds fresh and totally original all these years later. I think it’s great a new generation are discovering her musical genius.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

37 years on and she earning £12000 a week for writing, singing and doing all the production. Good stuff