+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Useful Speed Cameras Locations In Wales

Useful Speed Cameras Locations In Wales

Re: Useful Speed Cameras Locations In Wales

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    That one on Ty draw rd by the rec is a bugger, I know it’s 20, I drive on it every day. The other day there was no traffic, I must have drifted off and done 24….letter in the post

Pure money making scheme. I feel like the UK is such a restrictive place to live at the moment. Oh for a retirement abroad, we can only dream (I’m only 42 so a long way off yet), that reminds me, must check my lottery numbers.

International

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Pure money making scheme. I feel like the UK is such a restrictive place to live at the moment. Oh for a retirement abroad, we can only dream (I’m only 42 so a long way off yet), that reminds me, must check my lottery numbers.
    Its Drakeford and Wales, the UK is 30 and 70, Wales is 20mph and 50mph, instead of tackling NHS waiting lists, ambulance delays and the welsh economy he would prefer to concentrate on adding more misery closing the main routes around the city centre and imposing stricter speed restrictions!

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    That one on Ty draw rd by the rec is a bugger, I know it’s 20, I drive on it every day. The other day there was no traffic, I must have drifted off and done 24….letter in the post
    its fairly unnatural to drive at under 20 when the road is clear ( apart from in a heavily built up residential estate, not sure on the location you mentioned, it might be on a rest estate ? ? )

International

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The traditional type like in the picture are quite easy to stop, i've seen one parked in Allensbank road hidden behind parked cars near the shops with a submarine type periscope poking out of the top of the van, I thought I saw speed camera signs on it as I went past but maybe it was just an automatic number plate recognicion camera, has anyon else seen it?

Seaching for it I came across this https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-drivers.html

and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvnKrBaxi8k

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    its fairly unnatural to drive at under 20 when the road is clear ( apart from in a heavily built up residential estate, not sure on the location you mentioned, it might be on a rest estate ? ? )
    No it’s along Roath park, the rec bit. Posh houses so no doubt done by moaning locals. It is quite hard to remain at 20, now I have people right up my arse every day on it instead….

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    The traditional type like in the picture are quite easy to stop, i've seen one parked in Allensbank road hidden behind parked cars near the shops with a submarine type periscope poking out of the top of the van, I thought I saw speed camera signs on it as I went past but maybe it was just an automatic number plate recognicion camera, has anyon else seen it?

Seaching for it I came across this https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-drivers.html

and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvnKrBaxi8k
    I saw a car with a periscope coming off it the other day, maybe the vans are too obvious and people see them and slow down?
    Also, saw footage of a women knocked flying outside those shops on allensbank rd, the guy who owns the shop had it on his cctv. The guy must have been doing 40/50, luckily she just avoided full impact as she dived to get out the way. That’s why that one was put by there anyway…..

It is only a money making scheme if people exceed the speed limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Yup, you have a choice

International

And a great career for tools that want to feel important

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Its Drakeford and Wales, the UK is 30 and 70, Wales is 20mph and 50mph, instead of tackling NHS waiting lists, ambulance delays and the welsh economy he would prefer to concentrate on adding more misery closing the main routes around the city centre and imposing stricter speed restrictions!
    Interstingly, England regularly publish a whole host of NHS-related performance indicators, across a wide spectrum. Wales has joined Scotland in choosing not to do so. Even though England's are very poor, Wales's are even worse. But yes, we have the best speed limits in the UK, and probably the slowest trains.

If you think 20 miles an hour is a realistic speed to drive then fair enough, I believe it’s ridiculous and it’s main aim is to make money

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    in their defense though if you were sleeping its lucky they've caught you

If you think 20 miles an hour is a realistic speed to drive then fair enough, I believe it’s ridiculous and it’s main aim is to make money
    Im not convinced it is. The vast majority I drive through ive never seen a camera.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    in their defense though if you were sleeping its lucky they've caught you
    It was so slow I just nodded off for a few seconds…..

Electric Sccoters , Bikes , Disability Wheelchairs, Cyclists ,squirrels, all breaking Welsh speed limits , C'mon Drakeford sort it .

Why can't people drive within the speed limit? How many on here have had a speeding ticket? If you have received a speeding ticket can you tell me why you were driving above the speed limit.

Whether it is realistic or not matters not one iota. If that's the limit, then that's the limit. I don't know how long the stretch of road is that you are referring to, but let's say it's half a mile, then it will take you 1.5 minutes at 20mph or 1.0 minutes at 30mph - a saving of 30 seconds. I leave it to you to decide if that's worth risking a speeding fine for.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Why can't people drive within the speed limit? How many on here have had a speeding ticket? If you have received a speeding ticket can you tell me why you were driving above the speed limit.
    One in the last 12 years….just drifted off as I can run faster than I had to drive….

Whether it is realistic or not matters not one iota. If that's the limit, then that's the limit. I don't know how long the stretch of road is that you are referring to, but let's say it's half a mile, then it will take you 1.5 minutes at 20mph or 1.0 minutes at 30mph - a saving of 30 seconds. I leave it to you to decide if that's worth risking a speeding fine for.
    Im not arguing that and have never received a speeding ticket. I’m just not as black and white and servile as some in here. 20 mph is ridiculous

I've had 1 in my 30+ years of driving for being 1km/h above the limit on a dual carriageway in France. I was slowing down at the time from 110 to 90 as the limit had changed.
    When a limit changes from say 30mph to 20mph it does so at a single point on the road. Without countdown signs for every limit change on every road, how is it possible to suddenly drop your speed by 50% without braking sharply and potentially dangerously? Everyone has sped at somepoint.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I've had 1 in my 30+ years of driving for being 1km/h above the limit on a dual carriageway in France. I was slowing down at the time from 110 to 90 as the limit had changed.
    When a limit changes from say 30mph to 20mph it does so at a single point on the road. Without countdown signs for every limit change on every road, how is it possible to suddenly drop your speed by 50% without braking sharply and potentially dangerously? Everyone has sped at somepoint.
    Edit-I mean 33%🙄

International

I bet you've gone over the speed limit, and probably broken covid rules, 5 miles etc.

Im not arguing that and have never received a speeding ticket. I’m just not as black and white and servile as some in here. 20 mph is ridiculous
    So do you consider observing speed limits is being servile?

Like you I have never received a speeding ticket, probably because I stick to the speed limits. That is not to say I have never broken the speed limit of course. If I did it would have been unknowingly.

One of my favourite bugbears is where there are are no repeater speed limit signs. For example near where I live the speed limit gradually reduces from 60 to 40 to 30 just before a roundabout. The last leg into the town, which is the first exit off the roundabout, is a long, dead straight road with no houses or other buildings on either side. The temptation to put your foot down is very strong but I won't and you can bet your boots there will be someone tailgating me within seconds. This is because we are still within the 30 mph limit BUT there are no repeater 30mph circles on the lamp-posts as a reminder!