+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Norway v Sweden

Norway v Sweden

Anyone watching? I didn't realise there was so much animosity between them. I also didn't realise how good Norway are.

Re: Norway v Sweden

Wasn't Norway once Sweden or in a union with it?

Bit like us and Scotland with England I suppose but Norway have managed to fuuck the Swedes off?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

Bit like us and Scotland with England I suppose but Norway have managed to fuuck the Swedes off?
    skĺne was part of Denmark until 1658...not sure about Norway...you can always google

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

Were part of a Nordic empire of Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Orkney, Shetland, Iceland etc in the Middle Ages. (Kalmar Union 1397-1523).

Part of a joint country from 1814 to 1905.

Thank you Google for the dates!

In between Sweden was the major power.

Didn’t watch the game, but I assume that was City’s Daehli in the Norwegian team last night? He’s still only 27, so he should be at his peak really, but I’d assumed he’d just faded out of the game or was playing lower division football somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Didn’t watch the game, but I assume that was City’s Daehli in the Norwegian team last night? He’s still only 27, so he should be at his peak really, but I’d assumed he’d just faded out of the game or was playing lower division football somewhere.
    Who can forget West Brom

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Who can forget West Brom
    Agreed, he was one of the few who looked at home in the Premier League at the back end of the 13/14 season - surprised his career has turned out as it has, but I suppose the fact that he's still winning caps for an improving Norway side tells you it's not been all bad.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He started but was subbed pretty early in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Who can forget West Brom
    I was there for that equaliser. One of the few highlights from that season and we didn't even win!

Regarding Norway: Having returned from Tromso I learned that weak beer (below 4.7%) cannot be purchased from any outlets (including shops and supermarkets) after 8pm on weekdays, after 6pm on Saturdays and not at all on Sundays - and wine, spirits and stronger beer have to be purchased from state-owned outlets that close at 6pm on weekdays, 3pm on Saturdays and which do not open on Sundays.
    Do watch this amusing Magnus Magnusson video about Norway's first ever pub (which happened to be in Tromso and which I visited):
    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?exti...04070117179118

2-0 down after 8 mins I remember great day out, up on the train. We were drinking in a pub with a street food Indian in the back of the pub, massive place and the food was fantastic 👌

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Anyone watching? I didn't realise there was so much animosity between them. I also didn't realise how good Norway are.
    I didn’t realise that Haaland is English.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I didn’t realise that Haaland is English.
    Leeds twat!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think much of it comes from World War 2 when Sweden remained neutral and Norway was under Nazi occupation for 4 years.

Sweden didn’t actually remain that neutral and allowed nazis to travel through Sweden to power the war efforts in Norway. Many Norwegians I met can’t seem let that go

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    I think much of it comes from World War 2 when Sweden remained neutral and Norway was under Nazi occupation for 4 years.

Sweden didn’t actually remain that neutral and allowed nazis to travel through Sweden to power the war efforts in Norway. Many Norwegians I met can’t seem let that go
    Fair enough.