+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kompany to Burnley. Bellers to follow?

Kompany to Burnley. Bellers to follow?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61586687

Burnley have appointed former Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany as their manager.

The Belgian, 36, had been in charge at Anderlecht for two years before leaving by mutual consent in May, having led them to a third-place finish.

The Clarets sacked Sean Dyche in April and replaced him with interim boss Mike Jackson, who was unable to prevent relegation from the Premier League.

"I'm excited by the challenge ahead," Kompany said following his appointment.

"Burnley Football Club is a truly historic English side and it is an honour to be appointed first-team manager.

"I've been impressed by the board's vision for the club which aligns with my own and I look forward to playing my part as we enter an important season."

This has been coming for a few weeks now, and there has been (informed?) speculation that Bellamy would join him.

Good news if that happens.

Bellers gets EFL experience and gets 'rehabilitated' in UK football after the Cardiff academy bullying allegations. He is then ready to come home when the Board show Morison the door, as they inevitably will at some point.

International

Re: Kompany to Burnley. Bellers to follow?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61586687

Burnley have appointed former Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany as their manager.

The Belgian, 36, had been in charge at Anderlecht for two years before leaving by mutual consent in May, having led them to a third-place finish.

The Clarets sacked Sean Dyche in April and replaced him with interim boss Mike Jackson, who was unable to prevent relegation from the Premier League.

"I'm excited by the challenge ahead," Kompany said following his appointment.

"Burnley Football Club is a truly historic English side and it is an honour to be appointed first-team manager.

"I've been impressed by the board's vision for the club which aligns with my own and I look forward to playing my part as we enter an important season."

This has been coming for a few weeks now, and there has been (informed?) speculation that Bellamy would join him.

Good news if that happens.

Bellers gets EFL experience and gets 'rehabilitated' in UK football after the Cardiff academy bullying allegations. He is then ready to come home when the Board show Morison the door, as they inevitably will at some point.
    They are supposed to be in a mess finacially, hopefully he's picked the wrong club and they are a disaster, we don't want a strong premier squad stealing one of the promotions slots, they've had their turn.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    They are supposed to be in a mess finacially, hopefully he's picked the wrong club and they are a disaster, we don't want a strong premier squad stealing one of the promotions slots, they've had their turn.
    Cardiff had their turn as well and blew it. Have you forgotten that ?

I thought Bellamy left Anderlecht earlier in the season

Very interesting appointment

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I'm just hoping they implode and steal one of the relegation spots.

Kompany will be straight on to Man City for some young loan signings, like Tommy Doyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Kompany will be straight on to Man City for some young loan signings, like Tommy Doyle.
    Ah yes, the wonderkid,

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I thought Bellamy left Anderlecht earlier in the season
    He did and wasn't there chatter about mental health .

We shall see what Kompany does with the future company of Beller's

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He did and wasn't there chatter about mental health .
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...-pandemic.html

I mentioned the potential for Bellamy to join him weeks ago when this was first mooted.
    I’m going to have a big cry, because I was ignored again! 😁

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I mentioned the potential for Bellamy to join him weeks ago when this was first mooted.
    I’m going to have a big cry, because I was ignored again! ��

No announcements yet on backroom staff.

Apart from the massive loan repayment needed, Burnley could be losing 20+ players from last season's squad.

Big job for Vinnie.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/...-40895258.html

International

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Cardiff had their turn as well and blew it. Have you forgotten that ?

Of course not, I'm hoping they go the same way or worse!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

To keep him company?

(in before TBG )