+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bale not ruling out Cardiff City move.

Re: Bale not ruling out Cardiff City move.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    My daughter is working in a coffee shop (in between doing her master's degree) near the international pool, she says that Joe Allen has been in three times over the past month or so, even mixing it up with some City players. He also gave her a £20 tip. Make of that, what you will!
    I make of that that you will soon be Joe Allens father in law.

My daughter is working in a coffee shop (in between doing her master's degree) near the international pool, she says that Joe Allen has been in three times over the past month or so, even mixing it up with some City players. He also gave her a £20 tip. Make of that, what you will!
    Your daughter was given 20 to keep it quiet, she failed miserably

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    as Ramsey and Allen are also free agents, I wonder if they'll prioritize joining a club that could accommodate all of them together, so they get half a season of playing with each other.
    I think I saw something about Stoke offering Allen a new deal?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Does anyone else think his reference to Wales physios is significant?

"It's something I guess I need to sit down and go through, not just with my family, but with the manager here [Rob Page], with the physios here that we use, to see what would give me the best chance of being fit come November and December."

If he wants to stay close to the Wales medical/physio team in between camps (as well as the other coaching and backroom staff) does that add to the case for Cardiff City? I don't know who is working and around the Vale when the squad are back with their clubs - but it must be easier to stay in contact to manage his fitness in Cardiff than it would be in Newcastle, Italy or the USA?
    That was exactly the bit which jumped out for me.

He should push himself with a Premier League team if he want's the best preparation for the World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He should push himself with a Premier League team if he want's the best preparation for the World Cup.
    as long as they would play him (which I'm sure they would)
    but it took spurs quite a while to get him into the side

What part of “Bale won’t be guaranteed game time in the Premier League” don’t people understand. The reason behind his next move is purely to get game time, let’s not even over romanticise the coming home aspect of the move. We’ll give him the amount of game time that he needs and are much more likely to be flexible considering the fact that he’s waaaaaay too good to come to Cardiff City so let’s grab it with both hands if we can.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    What part of “Bale won’t be guaranteed game time in the Premier League” don’t people understand. The reason behind his next move is purely to get game time, let’s not even over romanticise the coming home aspect of the move. We’ll give him the amount of game time that he needs and are much more likely to be flexible considering the fact that he’s waaaaaay too good to come to Cardiff City so let’s grab it with both hands if we can.
    depends where he goes, but at most premier League clubs he'd be a nailed on starter

We're probably the only club where he can come completely on his terms. Play when he wants, train how he wants; and I'd imagine as fans we would be accepting of it.

Anywhere else (aside from maybe Southampton but even then I'm not sure), there's going to be an expectation that it's on the club's terms, especially if picking up a wage.

I think seeing what is potentially Wales' greatest ever player run out in a Cardiff shirt outweighs any negative. I think it would do wonders for our loan targets too; and put us right at the top of the list for some real exciting players. I just hope we can get a 12 month out of him rather than 3/4 months... But maybe I'm being greedy.

depends where he goes, but at most premier League clubs he'd be a nailed on starter
    I don’t agree, Wales put up with the luxury of having him on the pitch because of the moments of magic he produces. A premier league team/fans won’t have the patience for that.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    He's coming home!
    Southampton?

as Ramsey and Allen are also free agents, I wonder if they'll prioritize joining a club that could accommodate all of them together, so they get half a season of playing with each other.
    Has Ramsey been paid up yet? I expect it'll happen but he's not on a free, yet. I could definitely see Rambo coming, provided Bale joins. I expect Allen will go back to Swansea if he doesn't stay at Stoke (he's been offered a new deal).

As welshlad says, Bale could join on his terms. Same as Ramsey. I think we could get both for a few months, keep them fit and then who knows. If they play 2/3s of our games, we could be right up there and they might think of staying for the rest of the season and beyond...

He's ****ed though, surprised you haven't picked up on that. He suffers with muscle tears, which are horrendous injuries to recover from, and the lateral and medial muscles never fully recover, not in an athlete. That's why he doesn't extend himself anymore, he doesn't pick the ball up in deep positions and run at the opposition, he has a little pop at it over ten yards in the final third, attempting to create an opening for a shot or cross. Basically, the way he has played has screwed him. Bale would not be afforded time and recovery at a premier league club in the same way he would with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Has Ramsey been paid up yet? I expect it'll happen but he's not on a free, yet. I could definitely see Rambo coming, provided Bale joins. I expect Allen will go back to Swansea if he doesn't stay at Stoke (he's been offered a new deal).

As welshlad says, Bale could join on his terms. Same as Ramsey. I think we could get both for a few months, keep them fit and then who knows. If they play 2/3s of our games, we could be right up there and they might think of staying for the rest of the season and beyond...
    yes he is all paid up

as long as they would play him (which I'm sure they would)
    but it took spurs quite a while to get him into the side
    Mourinho didn't want him, and it was the chairman who was calling the shots as Real Madrid wanted him out. Now the ball is in Bale's court, and he can negotiate what is best for him.

He won’t be coming here. It’s my belief he already knows where he’s heading and it’s not here.

He's ****ed though, surprised you haven't picked up on that. He suffers with muscle tears, which are horrendous injuries to recover from, and the lateral and medial muscles never fully recover, not in an athlete. That's why he doesn't extend himself anymore, he doesn't pick the ball up in deep positions and run at the opposition, he has a little pop at it over ten yards in the final third, attempting to create an opening for a shot or cross. Basically, the way he has played has screwed him. Bale would not be afforded time and recovery at a premier league club in the same way he would with us.
    The World Cup is 3 games in 8 days. If he's ****ed I'm affraid he won't be having much of an impact. Maybe just use him as a super-sub?

The World Cup is 3 games in 8 days. If he's ****ed I'm affraid he won't be having much of an impact.
    I'd be very surprised if he plays a full 90 minutes at the World Cup

Fortunately we have a good replacement in Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'd be very surprised if he plays a full 90 minutes at the World Cup

Fortunately we have a good replacement in Johnson
    Maybe play Johnson against Iran in the second game, and give Bale a week to recover before the England match?

yes he is all paid up
    Is he? I have seen a few newspaper articles saying it might happen but nothing remotely official.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    He won’t be coming here. It’s my belief he already knows where he’s heading and it’s not here.
    I think he'd have said if we weren't an option, and Dalman wouldn't have flown in.

Maybe play Johnson against Iran in the second game, and give Bale a week to recover before the England match?
    I can see the logic in that. I think it all depends on how we do in the opener though. If we beat the US then we can go into the Iran game with less pressure on our shoulders and maybe rest Bale against Iran

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I can see the logic in that. I think it all depends on how we do in the opener though. If we beat the US then we can go into the Iran game with less pressure on our shoulders and maybe rest Bale against Iran
    Good luck telling Gareth he is dropped

I think Bale will play 60/70 minutes in the 3. Who knows, he might be fairly fit. He played every minute in the Euros, didn't he? I think he'll probably see it as his last chance so will push himself.

I've been told signing on short term contract until world cup then assessing options after World Cup with MLS likely destination but possibility of staying.

He may even hang his boots up after the World Cup if his back carries on playing up

I still don't believe it though but the guy who told me does know him

Bear in mind I started the Stephen McPhail to QPR for £950k and Roger Johnson to Hull for £2.8 million rumours on here with TVB which the Echo run with when I just made it up to see if they read the cr@p posted on here - which they did.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    I've been told signing on short term contract until world cup then assessing options after World Cup with MLS likely destination but possibility of staying.

He may even hang his boots up after the World Cup if his back carries on playing up

I still don't believe it though but the guy who told me does know him

Bear in mind I started the Stephen McPhail to QPR for £950k and Roger Johnson to Hull for £2.8 million rumours on here with TVB which the Echo run with when I just made it up to see if they read the cr@p posted on here - which they did.
    Makes sense though, the MLS season ends at the start of October, so if he wants to be fit for the WC, it makes no sense to move this summer.