+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bale not ruling out Cardiff City move.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bale not ruling out Cardiff City move.

We are the only team who will play him/rest him on demand and it would be near his family before the highlight of his international career. What’s not to love?

I have a novel idea. Why don’t we all just wait and see?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    If he wasn't coming here he would have announced it by now, I think they are still thrashing out the terms and agreeing to his requests, I would bet he will be here if there were any half decent odds.

...Evens is a double your money bet

Well if he signs we should get him ' as fit as butchers dog ' with all that running around we have expected of our forwards of the past 😉

Be gutting if it don’t happen now. He ain’t half teasing us..

Obviously I'm pleased hes signing for us, for pretty much free we can't turn him down. The publicity alone makes it worth it.

However im not sure i agree with the enthusiasm of his signing will make us favourites for promotion. In reality he will hardly play and when he does will be absolutely crunched by the opposition looking to make a name for themselves and put him out particularly with us having England in our group. From a wales perspective all I can see is him being injured fairly quickly in the championship and then missing the world cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Obviously I'm pleased hes signing for us, for pretty much free we can't turn him down. The publicity alone makes it worth it.

However im not sure i agree with the enthusiasm of his signing will make us favourites for promotion. In reality he will hardly play and when he does will be absolutely crunched by the opposition looking to make a name for themselves and put him out particularly with us having England in our group. From a wales perspective all I can see is him being injured fairly quickly in the championship and then missing the world cup.
    ‘Crunched’?? Football has moved on from the Ron Harris & Norman Hunter era. Bellamy coped ok as would Bale.

Where have you read that City fans reckon his signing will make us favourites for promotion? This thread, at the time of writing, is 4 pages long, I cannot find one poster saying that signing Bale would make us favourites for promotion.

What it would do, however, is put more 'bums on seats' and increase the commercial revenue of the club. It would also help attract better loan signings (what club wouldn't want their player to go and play alongside Bale and learn from him??). A player who can create time for himself, put his foot on the ball, look up and ping accurate passes.

I just couldn't envisage a team with Bale at its heart still serving up the dirge we have had over recent seasons. Bale would make things happen both on and off the pitch.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Where have you read that City fans reckon his signing will make us favourites for promotion? This thread, at the time of writing, is 4 pages long, I cannot find one poster saying that signing Bale would make us favourites for promotion.

What it would do, however, is put more 'bums on seats' and increase the commercial revenue of the club. It would also help attract better loan signings (what club wouldn't want their player to go and play alongside Bale and learn from him??). A player who can create time for himself, put his foot on the ball, look up and ping accurate passes.

I just couldn't envisage a team with Bale at its heart still serving up the dirge we have had over recent seasons. Bale would make things happen both on and off the pitch.

Definately not favourites for promotion far from it so far, but I think our odds of winning promotion will move from now to the start of the season, we are an unknown entity even we don't know if we will be relegated, promoted or anywhere inbetween right now?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Definately not favourites for promotion far from it so far, but I think our odds of winning promotion will move from now to the start of the season, we are an unknown entity even we don't know if we will be relegated, promoted or anywhere inbetween right now?
    given the current squad I'd say we would do well to finish in the same position as last year, hopefully some signings will improve that outlook.
    if we signed bale and Ramsey that obviously would make us a lot stronger, not automatic promotion candidates I don't think but perhaps in the picture for the playoffs

Wow half empty glass ???? Your glass is running on the dregs mate ��

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    ‘Crunched’?? Football has moved on from the Ron Harris & Norman Hunter era. Bellamy coped ok as would Bale.
    Exactly, I sometimes wonder if some on here actually watch Championship football.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Exactly, I sometimes wonder if some on here actually watch Championship football.
    They must think we’re playing over Pontcanna on a Sunday morning. The Championship is a decent standard of football, if the game was still like the brutal era I’d imagine the lower sides in La Liga would be looking to bully the Real Madrid and Barcelona superstars. They never really could though because as skilful as the players are they’re also tough bastards, that’s why they’re at the top.

I think he'll sign.

After the Wales games he's been able to go straight home rather than back to the Vale. I think he looks like he's only now doing it for fun and enjoys the iconic status leading Wales and could get a similar ride with Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    given the current squad I'd say we would do well to finish in the same position as last year, hopefully some signings will improve that outlook.
    if we signed bale and Ramsey that obviously would make us a lot stronger, not automatic promotion candidates I don't think but perhaps in the picture for the playoffs
    Well, given what we have today, you’d probably be right, but Bale or no Bale, we’re surely going to sign a stack more players! 😄

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Well, given what we have today, you’d probably be right, but Bale or no Bale, we’re surely going to sign a stack more players! ��
    Inshallah!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Allen is a jack so he won’t come

I’m getting some paint ready to paint over Bales muriel in Whitchurch village

Either that or to add Viva Gareth Bale depending n which way it goes
    Allen lives in Cardiff