+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bale not ruling out Cardiff City move.

Re: Bale not ruling out Cardiff City move.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    I've been told signing on short term contract until world cup then assessing options after World Cup with MLS likely destination but possibility of staying.
    So we build our 2022-23 team around Bale, and then he moves to the the MSL after we spent the previous few months getting him fit. Sounds good to me

International

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    He won’t be coming here. It’s my belief he already knows where he’s heading and it’s not here.
    If he wasn't coming here he would have announced it by now, I think they are still thrashing out the terms and agreeing to his requests, I would bet he will be here if there were any half decent odds.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    So we build our 2022-23 team around Bale, and then he moves to the the MSL after we spent the previous few months getting him fit. Sounds good to me
    I think we will get him for one season, then see how it goes from there, as you state we will use him towards recruiting players and a style of play for when he's available along with options for when he's not.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    I've been told signing on short term contract until world cup then assessing options after World Cup with MLS likely destination but possibility of staying.

He may even hang his boots up after the World Cup if his back carries on playing up

I still don't believe it though but the guy who told me does know him

Bear in mind I started the Stephen McPhail to QPR for £950k and Roger Johnson to Hull for £2.8 million rumours on here with TVB which the Echo run with when I just made it up to see if they read the cr@p posted on here - which they did.
    I thought he only said he had a bad back

We are the only team who will play him/rest him on demand and it would be near his family before the highlight of his international career. What’s not to love?

The World Cup is 3 games in 8 days. If he's ****ed I'm affraid he won't be having much of an impact. Maybe just use him as a super-sub?
    Doesn't work like that with Mr Bale, thing is, he possesses more vision, the ability to pick a pass, Teqhnique, and intelligence to put himself in goal scoring positions than anyone on our squad. It's a case of getting him up to scratch in terms of playing games and managing his work load in certain areas of the pitch. If we can get that right then we've got ourselves a player! He can't run anymore, or extend himself, he knows what will happen, so it's a case of getting him and the players around him right.

Maybe play Johnson against Iran in the second game, and give Bale a week to recover before the England match?
    That would be good management in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Good luck telling Gareth he is dropped

I think Bale will play 60/70 minutes in the 3. Who knows, he might be fairly fit. He played every minute in the Euros, didn't he? I think he'll probably see it as his last chance so will push himself.
    I said to my daughter, we could use him for 60 mins and then take a rest,

I have a novel idea. Why don’t we all just wait and see?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I said to my daughter, we could use him for 60 mins and then take a rest,
    I didn't know he did windows, 60 mins is just enough time for you to pop out for lunch

I didn't know he did windows, 60 mins is just enough time for you to pop out for lunch
    fair play thats funny

But the jokes on you are Im doing a month of cleaning gutters, so Ha !

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    If he wasn't coming here he would have announced it by now, I think they are still thrashing out the terms and agreeing to his requests, I would bet he will be here if there were any half decent odds.

...Evens is a double your money bet

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yes he is all paid up
    Have you imagined this?

Well if he signs we should get him ' as fit as butchers dog ' with all that running around we have expected of our forwards of the past 😉

Be gutting if it don’t happen now. He ain’t half teasing us..

Obviously I'm pleased hes signing for us, for pretty much free we can't turn him down. The publicity alone makes it worth it.

However im not sure i agree with the enthusiasm of his signing will make us favourites for promotion. In reality he will hardly play and when he does will be absolutely crunched by the opposition looking to make a name for themselves and put him out particularly with us having England in our group. From a wales perspective all I can see is him being injured fairly quickly in the championship and then missing the world cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Obviously I'm pleased hes signing for us, for pretty much free we can't turn him down. The publicity alone makes it worth it.

However im not sure i agree with the enthusiasm of his signing will make us favourites for promotion. In reality he will hardly play and when he does will be absolutely crunched by the opposition looking to make a name for themselves and put him out particularly with us having England in our group. From a wales perspective all I can see is him being injured fairly quickly in the championship and then missing the world cup.
    ‘Crunched’?? Football has moved on from the Ron Harris & Norman Hunter era. Bellamy coped ok as would Bale.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    ‘Crunched’?? Football has moved on from the Ron Harris & Norman Hunter era. Bellamy coped ok as would Bale.
    Exactly, I sometimes wonder if some on here actually watch Championship football.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Exactly, I sometimes wonder if some on here actually watch Championship football.
    They must think we’re playing over Pontcanna on a Sunday morning. The Championship is a decent standard of football, if the game was still like the brutal era I’d imagine the lower sides in La Liga would be looking to bully the Real Madrid and Barcelona superstars. They never really could though because as skilful as the players are they’re also tough bastards, that’s why they’re at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Or going to play in MLS.
    MLS is happening now and is over by October 9th. You'd think he'd want to be playing through October and into November.

Where have you read that City fans reckon his signing will make us favourites for promotion? This thread, at the time of writing, is 4 pages long, I cannot find one poster saying that signing Bale would make us favourites for promotion.

What it would do, however, is put more 'bums on seats' and increase the commercial revenue of the club. It would also help attract better loan signings (what club wouldn't want their player to go and play alongside Bale and learn from him??). A player who can create time for himself, put his foot on the ball, look up and ping accurate passes.

I just couldn't envisage a team with Bale at its heart still serving up the dirge we have had over recent seasons. Bale would make things happen both on and off the pitch.

Wow half empty glass ???? Your glass is running on the dregs mate ��

I think he'll sign.

After the Wales games he's been able to go straight home rather than back to the Vale. I think he looks like he's only now doing it for fun and enjoys the iconic status leading Wales and could get a similar ride with Cardiff.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Where have you read that City fans reckon his signing will make us favourites for promotion? This thread, at the time of writing, is 4 pages long, I cannot find one poster saying that signing Bale would make us favourites for promotion.

What it would do, however, is put more 'bums on seats' and increase the commercial revenue of the club. It would also help attract better loan signings (what club wouldn't want their player to go and play alongside Bale and learn from him??). A player who can create time for himself, put his foot on the ball, look up and ping accurate passes.

I just couldn't envisage a team with Bale at its heart still serving up the dirge we have had over recent seasons. Bale would make things happen both on and off the pitch.

Definately not favourites for promotion far from it so far, but I think our odds of winning promotion will move from now to the start of the season, we are an unknown entity even we don't know if we will be relegated, promoted or anywhere inbetween right now?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Definately not favourites for promotion far from it so far, but I think our odds of winning promotion will move from now to the start of the season, we are an unknown entity even we don't know if we will be relegated, promoted or anywhere inbetween right now?
    given the current squad I'd say we would do well to finish in the same position as last year, hopefully some signings will improve that outlook.
    if we signed bale and Ramsey that obviously would make us a lot stronger, not automatic promotion candidates I don't think but perhaps in the picture for the playoffs