+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Cup Play Offs

World Cup Play Offs

Final two this week;
    Australia v Peru playing at the moment & Costa Rica v New Zealand tomorrow. I wonder what the away followings are like for these two fixtures?

Re: World Cup Play Offs

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Final two this week;
    Australia v Peru playing at the moment & Costa Rica v New Zealand tomorrow. I wonder what the away followings are like for these two fixtures?
    Probably quicker getting back to New Zealand from Costa Rica than it will be this weekend getting out of Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Probably quicker getting back to New Zealand from Costa Rica than it will be this weekend getting out of Cardiff.
    Just looked, they’re all away, both games are taking place in Qatar!!!

Its live on iplayer

Final two this week;
    My neighbor but one is Peruvian.
    He's traveled over there for it.
    A super nice guy, so hope that they qualify.

Just looked, they’re all away, both games are taking place in Qatar!!!
    They just said wales play all our group games at this stadium

Al Rayyan stadium, looks tidy.

10 minutes away from penalties.....thank the Lord for that deflection, could you imagine a penalty shoot out a week ago yesterday?

Australia change keepers in the 120th min.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Australia change keepers in the 120th min.
    And the replacement is dancing around like a muppet. I think it’s puts himself at a disadvantage.

Peru have just hit the post on their 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    And the replacement is dancing around like a muppet. I think it’s puts himself at a disadvantage.

Peru have just hit the post on their 3rd
    Haha typical, he saves the pen to take them to the World Cup. Still don’t like his dancing though!

Aussies win in sudden death

Surprised how many fans there from both countries.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Haha typical, he saves the pen to take them to the World Cup. Still don’t like his dancing though!
    Seems like extremely unsporting behaviour to me... was really wanting to see them lose that just for that.

Final two this week;
    There were thousands of Peruvians in Qatar. I was quite surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    There were thousands of Peruvians in Qatar. I was quite surprised.

Or were they Qatari’s, dressed up as Peruvian’s, to make it look good to outsiders ?

Quote Originally Posted by CopenhagenBlue View Post
    Seems like extremely unsporting behaviour to me... was really wanting to see them lose that just for that.
    I also thought it was quite unsporting. Their tactic was basically to win by putting the Peruvians off. I'd hate to see Wales do something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Or were they Qatari’s, dressed up as Peruvian’s, to make it look good to outsiders ?
    Well Paddington Bear was at Buckingham Palace last week so they obviously do get about.

Gutted for Peru, always loved the stripe on their kit…..

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Gutted for Peru, always loved the stripe on their kit…..
    Would rather see the Aussies through than Peru. Don't a lot of the Oz football team play their main football in Europe, thereby making it easier for us to have a dossier on their players, and for some in the Welsh team to have come up against those in the their squad on match days? I doubt there are many of the Peru squad playing their main football in say the Bundesliga or la Liga etc.

**** No doubt I'll probably be proved wrong, by say Eric or TLG either or both, who will know exactly where every Peruvian plays his league matches****

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Would rather see the Aussies through than Peru. Don't a lot of the Oz football team play their main football in Europe, thereby making it easier for us to have a dossier on their players, and for some in the Welsh team to have come up against those in the their squad on match days? I doubt there are many of the Peru squad playing their main football in say the Bundesliga or la Liga etc.

**** No doubt I'll probably be proved wrong, by say Eric or TLG either or both, who will know exactly where every Peruvian plays his league matches****
    I reckon the vast majority of Peruvians play league football in Peru.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I reckon the vast majority of Peruvians play league football in Peru.
    9 of the 28 man squad play in Peru.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post

Is there a chance Wales could end up facing Australia then?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    9 of the 28 man squad play in Peru.
    I'm slightly surprised It's that many.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Is there a chance Wales could end up facing Australia then?
    Long answer: The earliest we could possibly meet is the quarter finals, but that's if either of us finished top of our group and the other finished 2nd. If we both finished top or both finished 2nd we could only meet in the final.

Short answer: No.