+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is this why we've let Vaulks go?

Is this why we've let Vaulks go?

Possible introduction of kick-ins discussed by football's lawmakers Ifab
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61784848

Re: Is this why we've let Vaulks go?

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Possible introduction of kick-ins discussed by football's lawmakers Ifab
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61784848
    Somewhere in the back of my mind, this was trialed in non league football in the 70’s/80’s

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Somewhere in the back of my mind, this was trialed in non league football in the 70’s/80’s
    Nah, it was when me and you first started going Tony, the throw in was introduced in 1863 replacing the kick in

I thought the yanks thought of it when they set up the MLS in the 70's.Could well be wrong though.

Pretty certain to abolish a draw they tried a shoot out starting from the half way line and the attacker running towards the goal with the ball.

Throw ins just slow the game I'd just do away with the whole concept and let players cross the line , if the ball goes into the crowd they chuck it back into play the players just crack on with the game , no stoppages, plenty of fun.

Is there a limit to how far you can kick the ball? Does it have to be kicked along the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Throw ins just slow the game I'd just do away with the whole concept and let players cross the line , if the ball goes into the crowd they chuck it back into play the players just crack on with the game , no stoppages, plenty of fun.
    Great idea, let’s go the whole hog and have coats for goalposts and last goal the winner, because we gotta get home for tea

In that case, we should have kept Vaulks, and just station him in the crowd.

Every throw ins gonna be like a free kick. Hope it doesn't get implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Every throw ins gonna be like a free kick. Hope it doesn't get implemented.
    I think the original idea was for only throwins in your own half to be changed to kick ins

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    In that case, we should have kept Vaulks, and just station him in the crowd.
    Indeed . and I'd introduce goalie when needed

Yes...but why stop there...why not allow going behind the goal like in hockey?
    Lets get rid of shirt pulling by painting on the colours of the team.
    No half time just players that are tired go off! and fresh players run on.(also like hockey)
    Fan participation!...why no make it mandatory that a random fan take the first penalty awarded...will drastically cut down pelanty's

quick edit

Whatever: I'm still celebrating his departure! A glass of champagne anyone?

I think we should build glass cages around pitches, including a 100 ft roof, so the ball would never be out of play... no corners or throw ins. It would be brilliant. The only time the ball is out of play is when someone scores.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I think we should build glass cages around pitches, including a 100 ft roof, so the ball would never be out of play... no corners or throw ins. It would be brilliant. The only time the ball is out of play is when someone scores.
    and even then just kicking the ball into the back of the net would count as goals like the flipper on a pinball table