+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Updated: New kit revealed

Re: New Kit - Revealed 9th July

I prefer the blue shorts but couldnt really care either way.

Just a bog standard blue top with a big white collar which I dont like.

Not an atrocity like the Jacks one but dont see it flying off the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We’ve gone right off white shorts lately haven’t we.
    Take longer to wash Bob, The club are cutting costs

It’s okay, but I suppose I’m too old to appreciate all of this great build up and then reveal of a kit that is, invariably just meh. Will someone have any change from a hundred quid (just short of half of the price I paid for my season ticket) if they buy a full adult kit?

Any adult full kit w@nker doesnt deserve change out of 100 quid.😂

It’s okay, but I suppose I’m too old to appreciate all of this great build up and then reveal of a kit that is, invariably just meh. Will someone have any change from a hundred quid (just short of half of the price I paid for my season ticket) if they buy a full adult kit?
    I think that it's alright. Any adult buying a full kit needs sectioning, or they're into some weird fetish shit. Shirts look bad enough on fat bellied adults.

What was the build up about? Looks fine, I quite like the blue shorts too but it's just a normal looking city kit.

I don't buy them so maybe I'm missing something but I was expecting something more unique given the time and social media excitement and build up to it.

Whatever it looks like the big Malaysia Berjaya in the most boring font will always make it look a bit meh I suppose.

The pictures just don't sell it. The lads on the sofa look scruffy and the shirt on the hanger makes it looks like it's striped. NB didn't exactly push the boat out with the design. I bet the brief to them was FFS just make sure it's blue.

That said, it's a very nice colour blue and I think viewed differently it'll look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I think that it's alright. Any adult buying a full kit needs sectioning, or they're into some weird fetish shit. Shirts look bad enough on fat bellied adults.
    Okay, then let’s change it to a junior kit - the point I’m trying to make is that football kits are well over priced and quality wise they’re just so bang average.

Re: Updated: New kit revealed

Okay, then let’s change it to a junior kit - the point I’m trying to make is that football kits are well over priced and quality wise they’re just so bang average.

Obviously dont disagree but same applies to any fashion item in my opinion. And that's what they are.

For me i think the reason is it is the kids who want them-so they have to sell adults at more expensive than the kids mainly to push the kids price up.

Also they are a bit like football programmes in that when they are bought they depreciate in all areas very quickly. However hold on to them long enough and you may make your money back tenfold, not on every kit but certainly some. A quick look on ebay shows you that.

I would say I still play 5-a-side (check me out) and wear the 08/09 shirt. Must’ve been through the wash hundreds of times and looks the same as the day I bought it.

The club shop usually offer free p&p at a level just about the price of an adult shirt. It's currently £70 so I expect these to be £65.
    I'll spend it on half a tank of diesel instead.

It’s the prices of the things that astound me, but I guess there are enough people to buy them to justify it.

It’ll be on sale for £20 no doubt in 10 months time!

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    It’s the prices of the things that astound me, but I guess there are enough people to buy them to justify it.

Agree with all of that, I wonder if the cost of living crisis will make any difference to sales?

I think the broad white v-neck could have been improved.

Being the only EPL or EFL club wearing a New Balance kit this season here was an opportunity lost to make a statement for other clubs to want them to be their kit suppliers when their existing deals run out.

City and New Balance have had all summer to produce a collectors' item kit and we are left with a drab offering that took all of 10 seconds to come up with. Its doesn't make me think that this is a kit I want to buy.

But at least its not like the Jacks' offering.

Marks out of 10: 4.

StT.
    <><

I like it. The pics are a bit shoddy but I think it’ll look good in person and up close. NB went safe which is a shame but on the flip side they didn’t go so experimental we ended up with a shit shirt.

I like a raglan sleeve top, I think it’s a sign…of what who knows

I'm surprised by the vaguely negative reaction - I really like it actually! I do think the pictures fail to showcase it well and, to be honest, in probably not going to pay full price for it either. But, I really like the bluebird print and I think the picture of McGuiness shows how it'll look good as it catches the light.

I'm also interested in the yellow motif in those pictures. Having worked with a few ad agencies over the years, they like to weave motifs through their full campaign so I wonder if that's a nod to a yellow away kit ...

Looks alright. Bit of Liverpool in the 80s vibe with the plain white collar and in blue, obviously. Looking at the other NB kits I thought we'd get something "clean" (plain) for the home kit and now maybe we'll get something more outlandish for the away.

On another note I'm wondering how they managed to make them look indoors when they're outside. Unless they've made Curtis Nelson's house look like the CCS car park.

I like it. Pretty understated but a nice shirt. The bluebirds pattern at least gives it some uniqueness and individuality, which is more than you can say for all the boring copy-and-paste Adidas kits we've had for the last 7 years.

As Sts'ikel says, I think it'll look a lot better in person than the images let on.

Also, ref price, just wait until the end of the season and you'll be able to pick one up for £20.

Not fussed on the collar but its alright. White shorts would improve it, matching the big **** off collar!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The club shop usually offer free p&p at a level just about the price of an adult shirt. It's currently £70 so I expect these to be £65.
    I'll spend it on half a tank of diesel instead.
    Madness if paying £70 for a blue T-shirt, IMO. I find it laughable all the hype about kit and the slight differences over the seasons, I was down the City yesterday and they were setting up the launch photos, I asked a guy if the set up was for the "New kit launch" and he said "Something like that" as if he was dealing with information on national security. It never used to be like this, crazy marketing for a shirt which probably cost a few £ to produce, but selling at £70 !!!!

Dropped into my mailbox and I was ready for the drumroll. Hah, hah, hah! That's what a dozen designers all on £150K a pop and serious recreational habit'll get for you in these hard times.

Thank f*ck its blue!
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 09-07-22 at 10:57. Reason: SpollinG

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post

Funny enough my youngest daughter said similar, she said, what's the 3rd kit like as that'll be the one I am getting next season when its discontiuned ( she has most if not all of the shirts, the green, orange, silver and blue ones from recent years ) all purchased in the sale under about £20

We’ve gone right off white shorts lately haven’t we.
    Such a shame that - should always be white shorts and white socks 🙁

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    The pictures just don't sell it. The lads on the sofa look scruffy and the shirt on the hanger makes it looks like it's striped. NB didn't exactly push the boat out with the design. I bet the brief to them was FFS just make sure it's blue.

That said, it's a very nice colour blue and I think viewed differently it'll look good.
    I agree.

The shirt is probably quite nice but the photos and video make it almost to decipher any detail. I didn’t notice the Bluebird in the fabric until my son pointed it out as he had zoomed right in!

And the shirt hanging up, at first glance on my phone, looked like it has black vertical stripes like Inter, but on closer inspection that are shadows.

How hard can it be?! 🤦*♂️