+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Updated: New kit revealed

Re: New Kit - Revealed 9th July

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    No white shorts then.
    Probably blue socks too.
    No shorts, I think. We've gone all Roman..

Re: Updated: New kit revealed

Nonplussed. As said above, opportunity missed.

Pretty average from the photos. Not much imagination.

This is a much better pic of the shirt, shows the Bluebirds better think https://twitter.com/ffi__ffi/status/...283160070?s=21

I must say I'm a bit disappointed. As others have said given that there aren't many clubs they supply and that NB is quite on trend at the moment I thought it would be a bit more imaginative.

Probably doesn't help that I'm not a big fan of v neck collars, it reminds me a bit of the Wales 1958 tribute shirt from a few years ago

I like the understated top. But it would look SO much better with white shorts. The all-blue really cheapens the look for me. These people have no clue.

Absolutely awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Absolutely awful.
    How is it "absolutely awful"? It's a pretty plain blue kit. It could be better, but it could be a lot worse. For example, it could have zig-zags, triangles, splotches, weird color gradients etc etc. It's basically Liverpool's iconic late '70s/early '80s kit in blue. Hardly inspiring, but it's not Forest's '90s up-there-with-the-worst-kits-of-all-time away kit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blue shorts When will they ever learn?

As someone on the last page said, this is a much better picture. Should've led with this instead of the 3 blokes hunched on a sofa.

Uninspiring, but not shit. I'll take that.

Yes that looks better than the previous photos.

If it had white shorts, a decent badge, and a more understated sponsor, I think I'd really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Bjorn Bluebird.

Looks like an Ikea advert.

I can't be the only one thinking this...

Screenshot 2022-07-09 at 22.25.20.jpg

Shit

After seeing the pics from the game today, I still think it's alright but, with all the bluebirds in a different shade, it reminds me of posh wrapping paper.

It annoys me that they obviously had a photo shoot yet couldn’t ask Nelson to put his foot flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Such a shame that - should always be white shorts and white socks 🙁
    Definitely!

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    It annoys me that they obviously had a photo shoot yet couldn’t ask Nelson to put his foot flat.
    Cupping his balls too. Well they said just sit naturally as you would at home.

Why do grown men care about the City’s kit?
    Not many of my generation would - late 60s!

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    As someone on the last page said, this is a much better picture. Should've led with this instead of the 3 blokes hunched on a sofa.

Uninspiring, but not shit. I'll take that.
    A much better photo 👍

I quite like the simplicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Bjorn Bluebird.

Looks like an Ikea advert.
    I always thought Ikea would be a great sponsor for us.

No one has mentioned the little embossed bluebirds all over the kit yet, so I will. I think they're a nice touch.

As for the rest of it... well, every season, I think "Lets go with something different - like blue and white stripes, or hoops, or quarters" But it never happens, probably because of the fans' expected reaction - there would be outrage, complaints, and fans yelling from the rooftops about tradition, we play in blue, etc etc. The club can't win, so it gives the fans what they want - blue shirts. There you go.

As a shirt it's pretty safe. Maybe the away and third shirts will be totally outrageous, but I doubt it.

we could play with a flat pack four

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    No one has mentioned the little embossed bluebirds all over the kit yet, so I will. I think they're a nice touch.

As for the rest of it... well, every season, I think "Lets go with something different - like blue and white stripes, or hoops, or quarters" But it never happens, probably because of the fans' expected reaction - there would be outrage, complaints, and fans yelling from the rooftops about tradition, we play in blue, etc etc. The club can't win, so it gives the fans what they want - blue shirts. There you go.

As a shirt it's pretty safe. Maybe the away and third shirts will be totally outrageous, but I doubt it.
    They are a nice touch, though oriental style dragons would be even better.