+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Not test cricket as I understand it.

Not test cricket as I understand it.

Incredible stuff at Trent Bridge.

How do you score 553 in your first innings and lose?

Re: Not test cricket as I understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

The same way that you can be 100-7 and still win, just as in the first test a week or so ago.

Some of jonny bairstow hitting after tea was incredible - test cricket still the best format for me

Just shows how even an hour can have such a dramatic affect on a match that could last over 30 hours. 102 from the first 9 overs after tea was phenomenal hitting or woeful bowling and tactics from a New Zealand perspective. Until then the game was in the balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Some of jonny bairstow hitting after tea was incredible - test cricket still the best format for me
    Absolutely. I've never really got into limited overs stuff, especially 20 20 and The Hundred.

First Team

Incredible test match.

When they are dishing out awards I hope that Notts CCC get one for making it free entry and generating that atmosphere and the groundstaff for giving us a track that had something for both bat and ball.

What a start from Stokes and McCullum.

Incredible stuff.

It happens Paul. Can I remind you as a Glammy fan that in 2004 Essex scored 642 in their 1st innings at Chelmsford against us and lost

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Incredible test match.

When they are dishing out awards I hope that Notts CCC get one for making it free entry and generating that atmosphere and the groundstaff for giving us a track that had something for both bat and ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    It happens Paul. Can I remind you as a Glammy fan that in 2004 Essex scored 642 in their 1st innings at Chelmsford against us and lost
    Don't forget Glamorgan knocking up 562-3 against Middlesex and losing by 10 wickets

http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/AR...05JUL1993.html

I was driving home from work listening on the radio. It sounded unbelievable but when I got in the house and watched the last 60 or so runs knocked off in no time,it was unbelievable. I’m definitely a cricket snob and always prefer the shots in the v rather than cowed over mid wicket, but just about all those boundaries today were superb. But those straight down the ground sixes Stokes hit had me purring.

You can’t beat test cricket, and this test was as good as it gets.

Fantastic test match , felt sorry for Marshall and Boult. The session this evening was incredible

I’d never seen hitting like that in test cricket. A friend of mine who knows cricket far better than me reckons that’s the only way Bairstow can play, regardless of format. Get at the bowler. No David Gower conservative play.
    Last edited by Madlock; 14-06-22 at 20:04. Reason: Typo