+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This flight to Rwanda

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: This flight to Rwanda

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Explain what the problem you are seeking a solution for again.
    Illegal immigration, exploitation of the asylum system, criminal gangs, dangerous crossings, cost of dealing with it all when the country has enormous domestic problems of its own, potential sowing of discord as a result of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Illegal immigration, exploitation of the asylum system, criminal gangs, dangerous crossings, cost of dealing with it all when the country has enormous domestic problems of its own, potential sowing of discord as a result of the above.
    Interesting that at not any point have you made any consideration for those trying to get here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Interesting that at not any point have you made any consideration for those trying to get here.
    I perfectly well understand that many people in many parts of the world have undergone a lot of suffering and have every empathy for them. That doesn't mean that anyone who wants to come to the UK is entitled to do that, less still that they do it via payments to criminal gangs that only the wealthiest of them can afford.

Do you think everyone with cancer in the world should be treated on the NHS? I doubt you do, but that doesn't mean you don't have empathy for their situation.

I perfectly well understand that many people in many parts of the world have undergone a lot of suffering and have every empathy for them. That doesn't mean that anyone who wants to come to the UK is entitled to do that, less still that they do it via payments to criminal gangs that only the wealthiest of them can afford.
    It is fantastic news that you are so keen to limit the inherent advantages that the wealthy have, have you thought about how we could extend that into domestic policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    It is fantastic news that you are so keen to limit the inherent advantages that the wealthy have, have you thought about how we could extend that into domestic policy.
    Yes, through the wealthy paying more tax. The top rate of income tax now is higher than it was a few years ago. And the persona allowance is now around £12,500 - much higher.

Illegal immigrants are obviously different to asylum seekers that require completely different solutions, yet you bundle them both together. There were 50k asylum seekers last year. That's about a third of the number of people who have come in from the Ukraine and Hong Kong without a whisper. When you started on this quest it was all about ridding the world of traffickers. Still true colours!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Illegal immigrants are obviously different to asylum seekers that require completely different solutions, yet you bundle them both together. There were 50k asylum seekers last year. That's about a third of the number of people who have come in from the Ukraine and Hong Kong without a whisper. When you started on this quest it was all about ridding the world of traffickers. Still true colours!
    I have mentioned criminal gangs, have I not?

I have mentioned criminal gangs, have I not?
    It was in there somewhere. Well done you!

Oh good that one is a biggy, so what are the scores on the doors? Just fill in the blanks for me please:

Total Cost now : ___________

Estimated Cost of new policy: ____________

Don't worry, I will be able to work out the saving, A in maths at GCSE me.

Oh good that one is a biggy, so what are the scores on the doors? Just fill in the blanks for me please:

Total Cost now : ___________

Estimated Cost of new policy: ____________

Don't worry, I will be able to work out the saving, A in maths at GCSE me.
    How can we possibly know, because as things stand people support an infinite number of people arriving. Cost estimates we have heard are around £5m a day on hotels alone; let alone other issues.

Do you think the country is a bottomless pit?

How can we possibly know, because as things stand people support an infinite number of people arriving. Cost estimates we have heard are around £5m a day on hotels alone; let alone other issues.

Do you think the country is a bottomless pit?
    We aren't talking about 'as things stand', we are talking about the effect this policy is going to have, isn't it supposed to be a deterrent and therefore reduce illegal crossings? Surely it is pretty simple to forecast a best/worst case scenario and project cost based on that? Do you wonder why they haven't produced and published that alongside the policy?

Surely you need to see this before you decide whether it is a good idea. Would you support this policy even if it ends up costing more?

We aren't talking about 'as things stand', we are talking about the effect this policy is going to have, isn't it supposed to be a deterrent and therefore reduce illegal crossings? Surely it is pretty simple to forecast a best/worst case scenario and project cost based on that? Do you wonder why they haven't produced and published that alongside the policy?

Surely you need to see this before you decide whether it is a good idea. Would you support this policy even if it ends up costing more?
    If a policy doesn't work you cease doing it. What we know at the moment is that the current situation doesn't work.

If we are unable to do anything about anyone arriving here, then we theoretically are open to accepting anyone who wants to come here, which is completely unsustainable. You have to have rules and planning in place; whether it's to manage capacity on roads, or surgeries or schools or people. Those in the most need should receive it alongside other countries who offer the same, but that is not what is happening here. It is not the most in need; it the wealthiest and those in an already safe country.

Anyway, I'm tired, and it's time for me to join you guys in dreamland ;) x