+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: This flight to Rwanda

Re: This flight to Rwanda

That's actually one of the issues here - people being sent to Rwanda won't have their UK asylum application considered. They will only be given the option to claim for Rwandan asylum.

I also think it's really important to differentiate between this policy and a general policy of removing people to their country of origin or another country where they have a connection where a claim has been refused. In this Rwanda policy, people have no connection to Rwanda and haven't actually had a decision on the application they lodged in the UK. Where someone has had their application properly considered in the UK and it's been rejected (with any appeals being heard) then removal from UK must be an option.

I don't think you can characterise that as saying "bUT iTs RaCIsT".

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    What happens when a refugee who has been despatched to Rwanda is advised in due course that his or her application for refugee status in the UK has been declined?
    I'm not sure. Presumably returned to their country of origin.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Total absence of any viable solution? TICK
    Perhaps a decent & humane immigration and asylum policy ? One that doesn't appal the church, royalty, home office staff, charities, human rights experts etc would also be good.

Quote Originally Posted by caerkid View Post
    Perhaps a humane immigration and asylum policy ? One that doesn't appall the church, royalty, charities, human rights experts etc would also be good.
    Any substance to that? It's 2022 not 1622. The church and royal family don't determine immigration policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sts'ikel View Post
    That's actually one of the issues here - people being sent to Rwanda won't have their UK asylum application considered. They will only be given the option to claim for Rwandan asylum.

I also think it's really important to differentiate between this policy and a general policy of removing people to their country of origin or another country where they have a connection where a claim has been refused. In this Rwanda policy, people have no connection to Rwanda and haven't actually had a decision on the application they lodged in the UK. Where someone has had their application properly considered in the UK and it's been rejected (with any appeals being heard) then removal from UK must be an option.

I don't think you can characterise that as saying "bUT iTs RaCIsT".
    Incredible - and the information in the video from Sky News appears to confirm your statement. I wonder how many people have expressed their support for this policy without knowing about this aspect.

Any substance to that? It's 2022 not 1622. The church and royal family don't determine immigration policy.
    It's possibly the first time since 1622 that they have jointly and openly criticised Tory policy though. Johnson's got what he wanted today from the ECHR and perhaps he's worked out that he hasn't got a reputation to uphold anymore but it's hard to see how you can dig up from policies like this disgrace . Let's all enjoy the rush to the bottom before he finally goes.

It's possibly the first time since 1622 that they have jointly and openly criticised Tory policy though. Johnson's got what he wanted today from the ECHR and perhaps he's worked out that he hasn't got a reputation to uphold anymore but it's hard to see how you can dig up from policies like this disgrace . Let's all enjoy the rush to the bottom before he finally goes.
    Again, what is your solution? Or is it okay for a presumably infinite number of people to arrive having paid thousands to criminal gangs to do so?

Is it racist to deny anyone who wants to come here entry? Is it racist to try and break this trade? Should we do nothing about it? Should we do more, like they do in the EU? Watercannons and fences?

If you are going to claim the moral highground, it's better to do so on a solid structure rather than clouds. What actually would you do about it?

For all the noise, I still haven't heard a single solution. I recollect someone did say that we should process them in France - without checking whether France would support that (they wouldnt).

Jesus...

"I can't believe the other side waging a culture way!" followed by wild accusations of leave voters being racist (with zero evidence) on a topic that is nothing to do with the referendum (illegal immigration is an issue in or out of the EU and globally) and bafflingly backed up by millionnaire EU home owning Will Self, as if that somehow gives the point legitimacy.

Lets break it down:

1 - In respect of immigration, leaving the EU treats people equally wherever they are from. EU immigration policy undeniably favours people from an overwhelmingly white place (the EU) over people from an overwhelmingly non white place (the rest of the world). Without a question, the EU's immigration policy is more racist.

2 - The EU itself has built fences and used water cannon against migrants. I mean, do you guys just have your fingers in your ears and your hands over your eyes or what? Have you seen what France did to people in Calais? Spain in Melilla? Greece in Turkey? Poland at their borders? Honestly, I can spell it out to you, but it's better you look yourself.

3 - Some of you buy into this absolute myth that Britain is some racist hell hole, for what? For not supporting endless numbers of people arriving via the channel having paid criminal gangs? By nature all of the people will not be British citizens, but doing something about it doesn't make a country racist, it makes them responsible. Putting aside the irony that it's white liberals that are telling the immigrants how racist our country is (in which case why are they coming here), there is no basis for the argument. None at all.

Honestly, these flights will take off, and rightly so. You cannot have a situation where anyone who wants to come here can do so. It is a totally unsustainable situation and you need to come up with some better policies than 'uR aLl RacIsTs' because if and when Labour are in power, there is no chance whatsoever they would tolerate this either.
    Talking of wild

I’m not going to apologise for having a different view to you - in fact, I’m pleased I have if you don’t think that anyone voted in the Referendum (or in any election) on racial grounds.

We’ve got a UK Government that dabbles when it comes to the really important issues and can only come out with slogans, gimmicks, law breaking and attacks on the “woke” by means of policies - all the while the official opposition treads on eggshells for fear of offending someone.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Talking of wild

I’m not going to apologise for having a different view to you - in fact, I’m pleased I have if you don’t think that anyone voted in the Referendum (or in any election) on racial grounds.

We’ve got a UK Government that dabbles when it comes to the really important issues and can only come out with slogans, gimmicks law breaking and attacks on the “woke” by means of policies - all the while the official opposition treads on eggshells for fear of offending someone.
    Bob, it is the party that you vote for that was recently chastised for racism by the EHRC - but I would never make nudge nudge wink wink allegations that all Labour voters are racists, or perhaps some but not all are etc. Honestly, the lack of self awareness of some of you guys!

Of course there are some racists in any society, but your argument is weak and unfair to just throw it at one side, and it is nothing to do with this case, as you well know.

You don't have any evidence to support what you say, which rather suggests you have no solution to the topic in hand, so are merely distracting by casting aspersions to deflect away from that?

444 people crossed the channel yesterday by the way. Come on lads, whats the solution? Or is there no problem at all?
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...dc8d9c9b8fc052

444 people crossed the channel yesterday by the way. Come on lads, whats the solution? Or is there no problem at all?
    clearly trying and failing to fly 6 people to Rwanda isn't the solution then.

I doubt anyone trying to get to the UK has any idea about the latest daft policies dreamt up by this incompetent government, this policy is just here to get newspaper inches and appear tough on "immigrants" (refugees)

Again, what is your solution? Or is it okay for a presumably infinite number of people to arrive having paid thousands to criminal gangs to do so?

If you are going to claim the moral highground, it's better to do so on a solid structure rather than clouds. What actually would you do about it?

For all the noise, I still haven't heard a single solution. I recollect someone did say that we should process them in France - without checking whether France would support that (they wouldnt).
    Again, let's start with not sending exploited vulnerable people to Rwanda and work up from there.

"but whaddabout the EU?" - You won, get over it.

Again, let's start with not sending exploited vulnerable people to Rwanda and work up from there.

"but whaddabout the EU?" - You won, get over it.
    You still don't have a solution at all then?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    clearly trying and failing to fly 6 people to Rwanda isn't the solution then.

I doubt anyone trying to get to the UK has any idea about the latest daft policies dreamt up by this incompetent government, this policy is just here to get newspaper inches and appear tough on "immigrants" (refugees)
    Unless you hadn't noticed, no flights have happened yet.

Unless you hadn't noticed, no flights have happened yet.
    the government have done ZERO analysis of how running these flights will affect the number of people crossing the channel.
    I would suggest that almost all the people crossing would have zero idea the policy even exists, and those that do know will probably take their chances.

Whole thing is just a stunt to signal to their base and keep them voting for them. There is no actual genuine benefit to it at all.

If this gets you going well done for being thick as shit and gullible as well as a horrible c*nt.

You still don't have a solution at all then?
    I'll start preparing the policy document now boss but fully accept that until then there is obviously no other option than Rwanda.

If anyone else feels strongly on this then https://detentionaction.org.uk/ is a good place to start.

So much hypocrisy about :

I'd bolster the Rwanda process by setting up a UK Asylum Gateway Unit .

Great the Human Rights Commission is involved presume they are aware of the 130,000 refugees
    in Rwanda already migrants from other African nations and middle eastern countries .

Is Rwanda a country that has now changed ( or allowed to change )

Rwanda maybe see a chance to change they are holding a National Commission for Human Rights in Rwanda tomorrow and Friday .

As Rwanda GDP rises as does perhaps its time to allow then to prove they are a faire country and genuinely needs workers its GDP went up 10.50 USD Billion by the end of 2021, according to Trading Economics global analysts expectations the long-term GDP is looking good moving to 11.00 / 11.50 USD Billion.

This issue would go away tomorrow if Western society funded/fixed those countries where migrants flow from just sucking migrants them into countries they are not part of f it leaves those countries in even worse poverty .

Europe has created this problem by its open borders problem .

France to accept UK offers of UK personal on their shores .

Perhaps the demonstrators should sit outside the French embassy to stop the boats .

This is all come about because the lorry routes have been closed down nothing to do with Brexit and you can clearly see the boats.

Maybe the European Border and Coast Guard Agency ( Frontex ) should be looked at and asked why so many cross many sage European countries is it case they are as racist and not welcoming as some say Rwanda is or could be (from French: Frontières extérieures for "external borders"), is an agency of the European Union

2021 ( Known ) illegal rates was 35k per year can that continue is big question year on year , will it increase, how many are not reported as arriving everyone of of them need access to free housing, health , education , benefits support .

Of course Rwanda is not the answer, France and EU has that in its gift but is still pissed over Brexit and don't like these migrants on their patch either , yes they have them arrive and may take more in , but hey they don't want them and hide behind the European Courts Of Rights decisions but don't deal with its onw racism and poverty.

It has been quite striking how Europe treated the white Ukrainian migrants no camps for them , hotels and houses.

If folk in the UK feel that strongly about these migrants step up offer them a spare room in particular the leftie lawyers making a fortune from legal aid fence cases .

Where is the alternative solution or is it case let them in for politcial correctness and voter appeal ?? but what about the NIMBY's .

Labour needs to say something better than we must talk to our European partners which is the current PR issued statement ..

This is a clever move by the Tories to move away from cake gate / economy / if you notice there is the NI Protocol its to get folk to think hey they are doing stuff , oooh look at them lefties no plans , next we will see the Liberal / Labour accusation to re join the single currency...

Perhaps Labour simply needs to say some anti Tory stuff we agree with :

Scottish / Welsh / NI referendums on independence
    Strikes
    Raising benefits.
    Join the European single currency
    Join the European Schengen Area and its policies .
    Let all migrants in.
    Give everyone a 15% rise .
    Tax everyone 60% on earnings over 100k
    Get rid of student loans.
    Nationalise utilities.
    Minimum wages all ages to £15 an hour
    Free nursery places form age of 3 .

Bob, it is the party that you vote for that was recently chastised for racism by the EHRC - but I would never make nudge nudge wink wink allegations that all Labour voters are racists, or perhaps some but not all are etc. Honestly, the lack of self awareness of some of you guys!

Of course there are some racists in any society, but your argument is weak and unfair to just throw it at one side, and it is nothing to do with this case, as you well know.

You don't have any evidence to support what you say, which rather suggests you have no solution to the topic in hand, so are merely distracting by casting aspersions to deflect away from that?
    You’re making huge assumptions there. First, the only claim I’ve made about the Labour Party in this thread is that they seem scared of their own shadow under Starmer and I’ve never denied that there was a problem under Corbyn when it came to anti Semitism. Also, I don’t know how I can make it more clear that I don’t believe all Leave voters and Tories to be racists, but I’ll always believe that the way the Referendum campaign was conducted put immigration front and centre as an issue and, no matter how much you try to deny it, that among those that centre on immigration as a big issue in this country, there are a proportion who do so on racist grounds.

Do you think the Government do not know this? Do you not think that they know there are a small percentage of easy votes to be gained by pandering to those who rate immigration as among the greatest threats facing the country today? Don’t you think it a bit fishy that the fly em to Rwanda scheme didn’t materialise until Johnson was under increased partygate pressure? Finally, as far as the “well, what would you do?” line that is parroted by the Government’s supporters goes, were any of you proposing the Rwanda solution before Johnson and co did? Of course you weren’t, because it’s a bonkers idea designed purely to move the discussion onto something the Government are happier talking about.

It was only a few weeks ago that you were posting the figures for channel crossings as being zero and believing that the announcement of the Rwanda policy was the reason for it due to it being a deterrent.

Since nobody with any immigration expertise on a football messageboard can come up with a viable solution to an issue that several governments have been unable to solve, in your eyes we have to blindly accept a policy that goes against our morals until we come up with a better one.

Ok mate

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I know a Rwandan fella in Barry who escaped the civil war and lives here

He says the country is still incredibly corrupt and people vanish ......and are clearly executed..... on a regular basis

And we are dealing with them ?

It's almost a case of ......is this woman serious ? Yep
    Fair do’s Sludgie boy. Is there anyone you don’t know 😂

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    So much hypocrisy about :

I'd bolster the Rwanda process by setting up a UK Asylum Gateway Unit .

Great the Human Rights Commission is involved presume they are aware of the 130,000 refugees
    in Rwanda already migrants from other African nations and middle eastern countries .

Is Rwanda a country that has now changed ( or allowed to change )

Rwanda maybe see a chance to change they are holding a National Commission for Human Rights in Rwanda tomorrow and Friday .

As Rwanda GDP rises as does perhaps its time to allow then to prove they are a faire country and genuinely needs workers its GDP went up 10.50 USD Billion by the end of 2021, according to Trading Economics global analysts expectations the long-term GDP is looking good moving to 11.00 / 11.50 USD Billion.

This issue would go away tomorrow if Western society funded/fixed those countries where migrants flow from just sucking migrants them into countries they are not part of f it leaves those countries in even worse poverty .

Europe has created this problem by its open borders problem .

France to accept UK offers of UK personal on their shores .

Perhaps the demonstrators should sit outside the French embassy to stop the boats .

This is all come about because the lorry routes have been closed down nothing to do with Brexit and you can clearly see the boats.

Maybe the European Border and Coast Guard Agency ( Frontex ) should be looked at and asked why so many cross many sage European countries is it case they are as racist and not welcoming as some say Rwanda is or could be (from French: Frontières extérieures for "external borders"), is an agency of the European Union

2021 ( Known ) illegal rates was 35k per year can that continue is big question year on year , will it increase, how many are not reported as arriving everyone of of them need access to free housing, health , education , benefits support .

Of course Rwanda is not the answer, France and EU has that in its gift but is still pissed over Brexit and don't like these migrants on their patch either , yes they have them arrive and may take more in , but hey they don't want them and hide behind the European Courts Of Rights decisions but don't deal with its onw racism and poverty.

It has been quite striking how Europe treated the white Ukrainian migrants no camps for them , hotels and houses.

If folk in the UK feel that strongly about these migrants step up offer them a spare room in particular the leftie lawyers making a fortune from legal aid fence cases .

Where is the alternative solution or is it case let them in for politcial correctness and voter appeal ?? but what about the NIMBY's .

Labour needs to say something better than we must talk to our European partners which is the current PR issued statement ..

This is a clever move by the Tories to move away from cake gate / economy / if you notice there is the NI Protocol its to get folk to think hey they are doing stuff , oooh look at them lefties no plans , next we will see the Liberal / Labour accusation to re join the single currency...

Perhaps Labour simply needs to say some anti Tory stuff we agree with :

Scottish / Welsh / NI referendums on independence
    Strikes
    Raising benefits.
    Join the European single currency
    Join the European Schengen Area and its policies .
    Let all migrants in.
    Give everyone a 15% rise .
    Tax everyone 60% on earnings over 100k
    Get rid of student loans.
    Nationalise utilities.
    Minimum wages all ages to £15 an hour
    Free nursery places form age of 3 .
    You forgot "nationalise the railways" and "the government paying wages instead of businesses".

Wait, sorry. They were socialist policies that you said you wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    in your eyes we have to blindly accept a policy that goes against our morals until we come up with a better one.

Ok mate
    No, you don't have to do anything. But peoples opposition to something is much stronger if they can suggest a viable alternative. Unless you support the status quo, which is fine, but people do seem to acknowledge an issue, they just can't suggest a means to dealing with it.

That's especially the case when the moral high ground is being claimed and accusations of racism are being thrown around like confetti.

444 people arrived yesterday. We have no idea who they are (yet) all to be housed, processed, cared for, all whilst others are entering legally, and all whilst enriching criminal gangs and people smugglers.

The situation is shit! There's little morality in just criticising a proposal and offering nothing in return IMO

Most sensible people will accept there is a problem but not one of them, including myself, can suggest a viable alternative. Some say set up an asylum processing centre in France. What then happens to those who fail the asylum process? Deport them to their point of origin some say. But the country at their point of origin may refuse to have them back or worse still the seekers will have destroyed their papers meaning they are effectively stateless. It seems it all comes back to the Rwanda solution as the least worse option unless we are content to allow things to continue as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You’re making huge assumptions there. First, the only claim I’ve made about the Labour Party in this thread is that they seem scared of their own shadow under Starmer and I’ve never denied that there was a problem under Corbyn when it came to anti Semitism. Also, I don’t know how I can make it more clear that I don’t believe all Leave voters and Tories to be racists, but I’ll always believe that the way the Referendum campaign was conducted put immigration front and centre as an issue and, no matter how much you try to deny it, that among those that centre on immigration as a big issue in this country, there are a proportion who do so on racist grounds.

Do you think the Government do not know this? Do you not think that they know there are a small percentage of easy votes to be gained by pandering to those who rate immigration as among the greatest threats facing the country today? Don’t you think it a bit fishy that the fly em to Rwanda scheme didn’t materialise until Johnson was under increased partygate pressure? Finally, as far as the “well, what would you do?” line that is parroted by the Government’s supporters goes, were any of you proposing the Rwanda solution before Johnson and co did? Of course you weren’t, because it’s a bonkers idea designed purely to move the discussion onto something the Government are happier talking about.
    If you genuinely believe Jeremy Corbyn was an anti semite then you are a victim of the MSM witch hunt to such a degree, that there isn't much hope for you as an independentcritical thinker.

All these people on this thread virtue signalling, if you want Britain to become a third world country. Keep importing the 3rd world. Hopefully you can house some in your spare bedrooms in your white ethno towns that you CHOOSE to live in.
    We are taking in an immigrant population over the size of Cardiff each year, so unless you want to start concreting over the green belt, something has to give. As for this Rwanda stunt, it's exactly that. A stunt. Boris let in 1 million migrants last year. He's a joke who is making fools of white working class folk who are most affected by mass immigration.