+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: This flight to Rwanda

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: This flight to Rwanda

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Because they are left-wing lawyers Claude.

The Rwanda flights were stopped by a law firm called Duncan Lewis Solicitors. This is them at a Labour event.

I'm all for checks and balances, less so for the law being exploited by criminals and the country having to support anyone who wants to come, especially through a system designed to help the most needy, not those with the ability to afford to pay

https://twitter.com/DuncanLewis/stat...87374042521600
    So they work within the parameters of the law.

Why do you find that objectionable?

The deterrent isn't going well, because left-wing lawyers have supported them in arguing against their removal.

Interesting to see you support the abuse of our system. Are you making money from it all?

Not that it has anything to do with the abuse of the asylum system but the price of energy is up because Europe is boycotting Russian gas, you plonker.
    Really? Get help.

I told you the deterrent wouldn't work and I told you the deterrent was against international law. This shouldn't be a surprise.

Albanian Police to be stationed at Dover. Now I agree, this is hopefully a better deterrent than threats of flights to Rwanda.
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...ts/ar-AA114Fij

It's almost as if our processes have been exploited for some time.

Albanian Police to be stationed at Dover. Now I agree, this is hopefully a better deterrent than threats of flights to Rwanda.
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...ts/ar-AA114Fij

It's almost as if our processes have been exploited for some time.
    Yes - hopefully. Need to cooperate better with the relevant agencies across Europe to sort this. It’s a really serious problem needing serious answers - not crackpot ideas that look great in the daily express.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    Every word
    And it sounds a bit like their Brexit policy to me. What do we know? this Government has no substance and barely any ethics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    And it sounds a bit like their Brexit policy to me. What do we know? this Government has no substance and barely any ethics.
    What is ethical about allowing a system designed to help the most needy be exploited by criminal gangs and be used by people who want a better life but are far from the most needy?

There are no ethics in doing nothing.

What is ethical about allowing a system designed to help the most needy be exploited by criminal gangs and be used by people who want a better life but are far from the most needy?

There are no ethics in doing nothing.
    Do you think that any of these actions do anything to prevent criminal gangs from exploiting the needy?
    desperate people fleeing whatever they are fleeing aren't going to know what the latest awful policy our tory government has cooked up, they won't have the faintest idea about flights to Rwanda or Albanian police.
    I'm sure the criminal gangs aren't handing out a pamphlet stating how many people die at sea and how many get deported to Rwanda.

All these things do is try to please the people who have been convinced that immigrants are the cause of all of their problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Do you think that any of these actions do anything to prevent criminal gangs from exploiting the needy?
    desperate people fleeing whatever they are fleeing aren't going to know what the latest awful policy our tory government has cooked up, they won't have the faintest idea about flights to Rwanda or Albanian police.
    I'm sure the criminal gangs aren't handing out a pamphlet stating how many people die at sea and how many get deported to Rwanda.

All these things do is try to please the people who have been convinced that immigrants are the cause of all of their problems.
    The point is, these aren't desperate people. That is exactly the point. 40-60% are estimated to be from Albania. I'm not saying they don't want a better life, but the reality is not how you see it and that is what is so frustrating.

People are playing a moral card but you are supporting a completely immoral situation. If someone who doesn't need unemployment benefit claims it and you defend it, that isn't you being moral

The point is, these aren't desperate people. That is exactly the point. 40-60% are estimated to be from Albania. I'm not saying they don't want a better life, but the reality is not how you see it and that is what is so frustrating.

People are playing a moral card but you are supporting a completely immoral situation. If someone who doesn't need unemployment benefit claims it and you defend it, that isn't you being moral
    what percentage of the albanians paying criminal gangs to come here do you think have an in-depth understanding of the latest tory policies on immigration?