+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mahlon Romeo incoming!

Re: Mahlon Romeo incoming!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    That'll please the Soul II Soul Crew
    They think theyre a bunch of Club Classics, but in reality it's the right time for them to Get A Life

Quote Originally Posted by Pontprennau Bluebird View Post
    Romeo is the son of music producer and musician Jazzie B, who is best known as the frontman of the R&B group Soul II Soul. That could inspire some interesting terrace songs.
    They are playing near me next month, thought wow what a blast from the past. Clicked the link, 66euro a ticket, in a sit down venue. Yeah next!

He could be worth a punt.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmyoldaccount View Post
    Another nothing player.. wtf
    Did you log in just to moan?

He's got experience in the league, the other new lad gets time to find his feet.

We are absolutely skint due to bad management over numerous seasons, the PL money is gone, we have to adjust and do so within our means, look at Derby and Sheff Weds Portsmouth Bolton Sunderland all gone down. We are not exactly in a position to sign known players for silly money, maybe some smart business will free up cash for a few "bigger" names and we can try and compete with the other 12 clubs in the league chasing them.. but I think expectations need to be more realistic for where we are as a club now.

It's a chance to finally start over now a lot of high earners have moved on, I am happy we are going about it in a responsible manner, I can't say I'm gonna blow my load over all the signings, but until I see them as a TEAM playing on the pitch in a competitive game (or 12) I'll reserve my judgement.

Maybe it won't work out, maybe it will, but one thing we know is its the only way we can go about our recruitment at this time.

We've been spoiled, 2 promotions, cup runs and some big money signings, so I can see why fans aren't exactly over the moon, but it is what it is.

We all have our opinions, I get that, but just get behind the club and stop moaning before a ball has been kicked.

We play a part in it as well, and the better we are as fans, patience etc the more chance we've got of making a go of this. If we're against them from day one what chance have we got?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

He's got experience in the league, the other new lad gets time to find his feet.

We are absolutely skint due to bad management over numerous seasons, the PL money is gone, we have to adjust and do so within our means, look at Derby and Sheff Weds Portsmouth Bolton Sunderland all gone down. We are not exactly in a position to sign known players for silly money, maybe some smart business will free up cash for a few "bigger" names and we can try and compete with the other 12 clubs in the league chasing them.. but I think expectations need to be more realistic for where we are as a club now.

It's a chance to finally start over now a lot of high earners have moved on, I am happy we are going about it in a responsible manner, I can't say I'm gonna blow my load over all the signings, but until I see them as a TEAM playing on the pitch in a competitive game (or 12) I'll reserve my judgement.

Maybe it won't work out, maybe it will, but one thing we know is its the only way we can go about our recruitment at this time.

We've been spoiled, 2 promotions, cup runs and some big money signings, so I can see why fans aren't exactly over the moon, but it is what it is.

We all have our opinions, I get that, but just get behind the club and stop moaning before a ball has been kicked.

We play a part in it as well, and the better we are as fans, patience etc the more chance we've got of making a go of this. If we're against them from day one what chance have we got?
    Agree with every single word of this. Spot on in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

But you can understand why the OP isn’t excited. No, I suspected as much 🤦*♂️

I really hope that all these players work out and genuinely look forward to seeing them all play, as I do with all signings, but equally I can completely understand why some people aren’t excited.

I never rated the lad. Always thought he was the weak link in a defensive Millwall team. Always made a point of saying that he was where we needed to get at them from as he was quite often out of position.

Always willing to give the benefit of the doubt and as this is our biggest signing of the summer so far it is a bit worrying.

Perry Ng is a better right back

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    I never rated the lad. Always thought he was the weak link in a defensive Millwall team. Always made a point of saying that he was where we needed to get at them from as he was quite often out of position.

Always willing to give the benefit of the doubt and as this is our biggest signing of the summer so far it is a bit worrying.

Perry Ng is a better right back
    But the point is that NG appears to be an even better centre half.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    But you can understand why the OP isn’t excited. No, I suspected as much 🤦*♂️

I really hope that all these players work out and genuinely look forward to seeing them all play, as I do with all signings, but equally I can completely understand why some people aren’t excited.
    I could wish you happy birthday with a cheque for 10 million quid and you'd still find an angle to have a pop back you miserable ****.

Quote Originally Posted by SBF1 View Post
    F**k me, he’s like an old washerwoman