+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What would change if Bale signed?

International

What would change if Bale signed?

Everything I would have thought, the fans would be lifted and help the team, season tickets and merchandise would see a significant lift in sales.

It would help btring on the younger players with a touch of proffesionalism, it would help with recruitment, if he does sign, it will be much bigger than the Bellamy signing, and could change things in the same way.

He could be our Cantona and put us back in the right direction.

What else would he add or change?

Re: What would change if Bale signed?

Or our Robbie Fowler ….

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Everything I would have thought, the fans would be lifted and help the team, season tickets and merchandise would see a significant lift in sales.

It would help btring on the younger players with a touch of proffesionalism, it would help with recruitment, if he does sign, it will be much bigger than the Bellamy signing, and could change things in the same way.

Agree with all of the above, although actually I think he may have less of an impact on the pitch than we think, but time will tell (if it happens anyway).

I think it will generally raise the profile of the club, which is a hard thing to quantify, but it will raise the bar in terms of perception and helping to attract other players etc. You would like to think we could get the odd 30,000 crowd in pre-season and with general interest in Welsh football rising, people would want to interview Bale and by definition that would help City.

Unless we were gonna pay obscene wages and he subsequently failed miserably, then I can so nothing but benefits on and off the pitch

Insurance premiums

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Agree with all of the above, although actually I think he may have less of an impact on the pitch than we think, but time will tell (if it happens anyway).

I think it will generally raise the profile of the club, which is a hard thing to quantify, but it will raise the bar in terms of perception and helping to attract other players etc. You would like to think we could get the odd 30,000 crowd in pre-season and with general interest in Welsh football rising, people would want to interview Bale and by definition that would help City.

Unless we were gonna pay obscene wages and he subsequently failed miserably, then I can so nothing but benefits on and off the pitch
    30,000 pre-season.??? 😂 Presume thats a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    30,000 pre-season.??? �� Presume thats a typo.
    Sorry, yeah I mean in early season!!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Or our Robbie Fowler ….
    Hopefully not our Wayne Rooney

International

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Or our Robbie Fowler ….
    What a thought!

Got to be joking. I reckon it’d stick 2-3k on the attendance tops.

People have seen Bale play stacks of times

We’d have a better chance of avoiding relegation

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Got to be joking. I reckon it’d stick 2-3k on the attendance tops.

People have seen Bale play stacks of times
    For The City?????

We wouldn’t need to make up a new song for a player.

The only real comparison I can make is when John Charles signed for us back in the early sixties - Charles didn’t have a great effect in terms of results or gates I believe, but I think Bale would on the latter certainly and the former probably given the low base he’d start on in terms of league position. City have not been fun to watch in years as far as I’m concerned, Bale would change that.

I think 30,000 is a shade optimistic. After all, on Saturday a Wales team featuring Gareth Bale drew a crowd of 27,188 for a game against the side ranked second in the world.

one player ain't going to change our season , great if he come but looking forward to what maybe ollie or ebou can do ? maybe bring some extra cash with increased crowd and shirt sales but need some of the new signings and youngsters to step up to the plate.

Probably my underpants as the excitement would be a bit too much

We’d sing wales-golf-Cardiff a lot

I think it immediately gives us a head start in terms of loan options. Top clubs loaning out their players will almost certainly think highly of their youngsters training/playing with someone of Bale's calibre, which no one else in the league would be able to offer.

That's why it is quite important if it is going to happen it happens as quickly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    I think it immediately gives us a head start in terms of loan options. Top clubs loaning out their players will almost certainly think highly of their youngsters training/playing with someone of Bale's calibre, which no one else in the league would be able to offer.

That's why it is quite important if it is going to happen it happens as quickly as possible.
    He'll make his mind up when he is Good and ready . The club he purports to support can wait till he's had his holiday. Gone down in my estimation. Couldn't care less if he don't sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    He'll make his mind up when he is Good and ready . The club he purports to support can wait till he's had his holiday. Gone down in my estimation. Couldn't care less if he don't sign.
    I'm sure he knows exactly what he's doing; and I'm sure if it involves CCFC then the people at CCFC will know what those plans are too.

Dont believe everything you hear in press conferences.

Cool Re: What would change if Bale signed?

I'm sure he knows exactly what he's doing; and I'm sure if it involves CCFC then the people at CCFC will know what those plans are too.

Dont believe everything you hear in press conferences.
    Dou you know ?
    If so , please pm me (not Dudders) , I won't breathe a word honest

Quote Originally Posted by Random in Duquesa View Post
    Dou you know ?
    If so , please pm me (not Dudders) , I won't breathe a word honest
    No idea!

International

Agreed it will change the profile of the club from that point of view, in fact Morison has already done that ina short space of time he's taken some good young players and done a good job of offering good experience and raising their profiles, but having Bale would certainly take it to another level.