+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You have been warned1

You have been warned1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-61815609

As a (former) cyclist, I can see the need for this law, but this case is ridiculous.

Re: You have been warned1

I think the car is closer than it initially appears in that clip. Instead of looking at the car and the shadow of the rider, look at the shadow of the car's wing mirror as it passes the riders shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-61815609

As a (former) cyclist, I can see the need for this law, but this case is ridiculous.
    The guy got an awareness course or fixed penalty notice costing about £100 to avoid points on his licence. Instead he decided to challenge it in court as was his right and got a grand fine plus 4 points on his licence, plus the cost of the solicitor he hired to get him off. Looks like he fought the law and the law won on this one.

International

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    The guy got an awareness course or fixed penalty notice costing about £100 to avoid points on his licence. Instead he decided to challenge it in court as was his right and got a grand fine plus 4 points on his licence, plus the cost of the solicitor he hired to get him off. Looks like he fought the law and the law won on this one.
    Ha ha serves him right, so many drivers haven't got a clue. I'm a pedestrian, cyclist, car driver and previously motor cyclist and vans, and every catogory has good and bad, some peple are just useless and dopey, and no matter what you do some will always drive ride walk stupidly.

We need the death penalty back asap

Just sit behind him and pass when you have sufficient space.

I know cyclists can be a pain to some, but he's definitely in the wrong here.

If I'm on the bike I stay right in, as close as I can safely for myself, it bothers me that so many cyclists have this attitude, some anyway, where they purposely come out into the road further than they need to be, its like a stubborn "**** you" move but at the end of the day if you're in a car you're the one that can cause the most damage and its not THAT much of a hassle to sot back and whizz pass when you can, as frustrated as I've been in country lanes and single lane roads where they seem to be in the middle of the effing road its still your responsibility to pass them safely.

This is the way things are going - the driver will always be in the wrong. Looking at the video, I thought that both the car in front and behind him were not that much further out - did they get a fine as well?

He was offered the driving awareness course but didn’t accept the course ,then failed to comply with a fixed penalty notice. I think the total fines are excessive but he’s got no one else to blame but himself.

Stupid pompous twat

Sounds like he's got money to burn

The law is an ass but it often is

In 50 years this won’t be a problem

Driverless cars and pedestrianised routes will be the norm.

Cyclists and cars are often arseholes together but this time the car totally in the wrong

Good ending

IMO cyclists should have some kind of insurance and be penalised just like the rest while on the road.

Is there anything more annoying than a cyclist causing huge delays cycling on the road right next to a purpose made cycle path just because they can.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    IMO cyclists should have some kind of insurance and be penalised just like the rest while on the road.

Is there anything more annoying than a cyclist causing huge delays cycling on the road right next to a purpose made cycle path just because they can.
    Apart from every thing else that irritates me I am struggling to top your biggest annoyance, fair play!

He’s 77. I’d have made him sit his test again. Is there an age for that in the UK now?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    He’s 77. I’d have made him sit his test again. Is there an age for that in the UK now?
    I think he's just a cnnt

Hardly endangered the cyclist, the cyclist didn’t even veer off track for a split second.

Bike wankers should be made to pay road tax same as motorists.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Hardly endangered the cyclist, the cyclist didn’t even veer off track for a split second.

Bike wanker 🤣

Audi driver. Par for the course.

Your licence expires at 70.
    But after that, all you have to do is declare yourself fit, and you get more time - and you can do this any number of times.

He’s 77. I’d have made him sit his test again.
    and drives a Q8

its only ending one way and thats a accident of some kind with the driver saying " I didn't see him / her "

But after that, all you have to do is declare yourself fit, and you get more time - and you can do this any number of times.
    my brother-in-law a ex police officer said its the hardest thing in the world to try and convince a older bloke ( who shouldn't be driving ) to stop driving, its almost a test on the old boys manhood and they never agree to stop driving till its too late and they have had a accident

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

When did you last pay road tax?

If you want to experience what it's like for a cyclist in that situation, then walk between the yellow line and platform edge at at railway station as a train goes past. You're not in danger either but you won't feel comfortable.

Assuming the footage was from the cyclists head camera.

"I've got to find this right **** not leaving me space, its right after I went through the red light but just before I jumped onto the pavement for the shortcut"

Your casual cyclist can be annoying, but still, there is no reason not to leave adequate space of course.

My mum is 86 & still drives. She still drives a tractor & other off road vehicles, uses a chain saw and a huge circular saw, she spends every daylight hour working outdoors, it’s what keeps her going. Give her a tv, pc, mobile etc. She’s totally confused.

I do agree that there should be some form of test or medical though.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    My mum is 86 & still drives. She still drives a tractor & other off road vehicles, uses a chain saw and a huge circular saw, she spends every daylight hour working outdoors, it’s what keeps her going. Give her a tv, pc, mobile etc. She’s totally confused.

I do agree that there should be some form of test or medical though.
    You need to get off here and earn a few bob yourself, it’s very commendable that she’s still the breadwinner in your family but come on, enough’s enough

You can declare yourself fit but whether you are fit to drive is another matter