+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Too much football!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Too much football!

KdB has been mentioned a few times lately after Bale’s comments about him playing 80 games next season potentially. Pep will be the first to moan but regularly plays him in League Cup and FA Cup games, just had a look and last season he started against Wycombe and West Ham in the LC, and Swindon, Fulham and Southampton in the FA Cup. No need to play them games you would think.

Modric’s comments about it being inhumane a bit much mind. Should be fine for City anyway, most have had their feet up since the first week of May (or earlier than that you could argue)

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    KdB has been mentioned a few times lately after Bale’s comments about him playing 80 games next season potentially. Pep will be the first to moan but regularly plays him in League Cup and FA Cup games, just had a look and last season he started against Wycombe and West Ham in the LC, and Swindon, Fulham and Southampton in the FA Cup. No need to play them games you would think.
    I suspect Guardiola plays some of his best players in cup matches because he wants to win the competitions. Crazy stuff, I know.

In my opinion, the EFL Cup should be shelved and international friendlies, which are almost always utterly pointless, should also be done away with.

By the time 2022 is finished, Wales will have played at least 12 internationals during the calendar year. The total for the 2021/22 season was 14. That's ridiculous.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I suspect Guardiola plays some of his best players in cup matches because he wants to win the competitions. Crazy stuff, I know.

In my opinion, the EFL Cup should be shelved and international friendlies, which are almost always utterly pointless, should also be done away with.

By the time 2022 is finished, Wales will have played at least 12 internationals during the calendar year. The total for the 2021/22 season was 14. That's ridiculous.
    Agreed especially the internationals, it upsets the season and players get injured, there are enough qualifiers and finals as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

I'd be happy with more than 12 internationals in 2022

The Nations League was supposed to cut down on pointless friendlies. I'm not convinced about it.

The EFL cup should only be football league teams only imo.