+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New Balance Theory

New Balance Theory

This has probably been suggested before but New Balance don’t make kits for many teams.
    They seem to want to keep the brand quite prestigious.

I think they currently make kits for
    Liverpool
    Porto
    Lille
    Athletic Bilbao
    Roma

Now those five teams are all main stays in top divisions and are almost always in European competitions, often competing to win them.
    Overall it’s very good advertising for their brand.

And now they’re providing kit for a team that almost ended up in a relegation battle to drop down to the third tier?

Is there a chance that NB had some
    assurances that Bale was looking to sign for us, and even though not confirmed were willing to gamble that we would complete the deal?

Probably complete nonsense but it’s still strange to me that they’re making our kits.

Re: New Balance Theory

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    This has probably been suggested before but New Balance don’t make kits for many teams.

Liverpool
    Porto
    Lille
    Athletic Bilbao
    Roma

Now those five teams are all main stays in top divisions and are almost always in European competitions, often competing to win them.

And now they’re providing kit for a team that almost ended up in a relegation battle to drop down to the third tier?

assurances that Bale was looking to sign for us, and even though not confirmed were willing to gamble that we would complete the deal?

Probably complete nonsense but it’s still strange to me that they’re making our kits.
    Maybe he's going to Leyton Orient then.

Liverpool have been with Nike for the last two seasons.
    These things go in cycles - New Balance are trying to kick-start their football offering in the UK. A couple of years ago, it was Macron, then Joma, Castore have been having a go at it. For example, they’re taking over as supplier for Taunton Town, for example.

I admire your optimism

International

Liverpool
    Porto
    Lille
    Athletic Bilbao
    Roma

Or just the best club in each Country so yes Liverpool in England Cardiff in Wales

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I admire your optimism
    I thought the same..

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Maybe he's going to Leyton Orient then.
    Damn, I knew I should have double checked they didn’t supply kit for another league club.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Liverpool have been with Nike for the last two seasons.
    These things go in cycles - New Balance are trying to kick-start their football offering in the UK. A couple of years ago, it was Macron, then Joma, Castore have been having a go at it. For example, they’re taking over as supplier for Taunton Town, for example.

I was convinced Liverpool were still NB, just googled it and you’re right!

I was convinced Liverpool were still NB, just googled it and you’re right!
    probably most other clubs get a better deal / nicer kit elsewhere
    to look at it another way, do you think adidas have ditched us due to the downward spiral

I love you and this thread.
    He's coming.

Don't drink and walk.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    I love you and this thread.
    He's coming.
    Indeed, I’ll take any straw and clutch it like my life depends on it.

Liverpool
    Porto
    Lille
    Athletic Bilbao
    Roma

Assuming part of any Bale deal will be linked to commercial revenue, it would make a lot of sense to announce Bale at the same time as the kit launch. Set up a launch presentation billed purely as a kit launch. Then in walks Bale in the the new home strip... It would create worldwide publicity and shirt sales would be unprecedented. Then they reveal the away kit and in walks Ramsey. OK I am getting carried away, but it would be the best kick start to a season ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    Assuming part of any Bale deal will be linked to commercial revenue, it would make a lot of sense to announce Bale at the same time as the kit launch. Set up a launch presentation billed purely as a kit launch. Then in walks Bale in the the new home strip... It would create worldwide publicity and shirt sales would be unprecedented. Then they reveal the away kit and in walks Ramsey. OK I am getting carried away, but it would be the best kick start to a season ever.
    I don't think Ronaldo will be happy with having to model the 3rd strip!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I don't think Ronaldo will be happy with having to model the 3rd strip!
    I was thinking Joe Allen!

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    I was thinking Joe Allen!
    Wayne Hennessy.

We haven’t got enough goalkeepers yet.

When I saw title to this thread I thought it was going to be about a new style of play next season ��