+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: World Cup Groups rankings

World Cup Groups rankings

Wales should have been in Pot 3 as I recall but were put in Pot 4 due to the delay in completing the play-off games just in case Scotland qualified. So this has skewed Group B a bit.

WC.JPG

Re: World Cup Groups rankings

I don’t think it did us any harm in the end. We could have been in a tougher group had we been a pot 3 side.

Mad that officially at least Wales are in the toughest group. Not entirely sure I agree there.

Qatar are the second worst ranked team in the tournament yet were pot 1. You’d be laughing if you were Dutch.

We are in a group with an average FIFA ranking of 14.75, the best by quite a margin. Most of the other groups have an average ranking in the 20's but I'm quite happy where we are. Definitely wouldn't want to be in Group E with Spain and Germany !

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    We are in a group with an average FIFA ranking of 14.75, the best by quite a margin. Most of the other groups have an average ranking in the 20's but I'm quite happy where we are. Definitely wouldn't want to be in Group E with Spain and Germany !
    I can honestly say I wouldn't swap it for any other group. Group A perhaps but I'd rather play USA than Ecuador.

I'd rather our group where I think we have a chance of getting something from every game, than a group with an out and out favourite and a 2nd seed we know little about.