+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Signing no 8

Signing no 8

Ryan Alsopp

Re: Signing no 8

Fair play. No hanging about by the club. We’re giving the players a lot of time to play together and train in the pre season together.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    It would seem not.

I got the impression Morison wasn’t fussed on him. Hopefully the other two have more about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Fair play. No hanging about by the club. We’re giving the players a lot of time to play together and train in the pre season together.
    Love that. Any idea when training starts again?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    It would seem not.

I got the impression Morison wasn’t fussed on him. Hopefully the other two have more about them.
    I just didn’t think he was good enough

He may come good, but we can’t take chances on a keeper

Are the club having a meet and greet for the fans and players.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Ryan Alsopp
    Please not another right back

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Please not another right back
    Another keeper which i think is very odd, we now have 5!

As there has been some comments on us offering 3 year contracts to be this one is for two years so mixing it up a bit - be interesting to see when people's contracts are up after this window closes to see if we face a similar chaotic transfer window in a couple of years time

Got to say this, but, beforehand, I was comparing this summer with Malky Mackay’s first season in 2011, but looking at things now, we were signing established second tier players like Cowie, Gunnarsson and Taylor on Bosmans eleven years ago whereas this feels like we’re taking a series of punts which may or may not work. It needs to be remembered as well that although we were getting good players in on frees in 2011, we were also spending decent to big fees on the likes of Miller, Mason, Turner and Kiss.

Therefore, based on what we’ve seen so far, Steve Morison has a much smaller budget to work with than Malky Mackay did even though there was something of a feeling that we were doing things on the cheap at the time - you have to think that the chances of 22/23 matching what happened in 11/12 have to be low unless we see one or both of the rumoured high profile signings of Welsh superstars and some very shrewd loan signings.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    Another keeper which i think is very odd, we now have 5!
    Alnwick, Allsop and Phillips are the only 3 I can think of. Smithies has been released and I can’t think who the 5th is.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Got to say this, but, beforehand, I was comparing this summer with Malky Mackay’s first season in 2011, but looking at things now, we were signing established second tier players like Cowie, Gunnarsson and Taylor on Bosmans eleven years ago whereas this feels like we’re taking a series of punts which may or may not work. It needs to be remembered as well that although we were getting good players in on frees in 2011, we were also spending decent to big fees on the likes of Miller, Mason, Turner and Kiss.

Therefore, based on what we’ve seen so far, Steve Morison has a much smaller budget to work with than Malky Mackay did even though there was something of a feeling that we were doing things on the cheap at the time - you have to think that the chances of 22/23 matching what happened in 11/12 have to be low unless we see one or both of the rumoured high profile signings of Welsh superstars and some very shrewd loan signings.
    Malky also had Marshall Hudson McNaughton and Whitts who would continue being key players. All 4 wed love to have now.

Alnwick, Allsop and Phillips are the only 3 I can think of. Smithies has been released and I can’t think who the 5th is.
    Rohan Luthra and Matthew Turner

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    And Ratcliffe's been offered a contract

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    I don't think Turner is seen as a first team player (yet). He is there in the u23s if needed.

Alnwick, Allsop, Phillips and Luthra are all first team. George Ratcliffe has a contract offer but no decision made.

If Ratcliffe signs the contract either he or Luthra will be out on loan. Phillips to depart.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    And Ratcliffe's been offered a contract
    if we sign ALL the goalkeepers then maybe we will be able to win some games.

heard Preston are very close to getting Freddie Woodman. that's a smuch better signing imo.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I don't think Turner is seen as a first team player (yet). He is there in the u23s if needed.

Alnwick, Allsop, Phillips and Luthra are all first team. George Ratcliffe has a contract offer but no decision made.

If Ratcliffe signs the contract either he or Luthra will be out on loan. Phillips to depart.
    Maybe some will end up up front a la Josh Magennis