+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pogba, what a waste of money

International

Pogba, what a waste of money

We've had some bad deals but Pogba blows them out of the water, very overrated player.

Paul Pogba is set to complete his return to Juventus after it emerged he dismissed Manchester United’s contract offer of more than £300,000 a week as ‘nothing’.

Juve look to have won the battle to sign Pogba as a free agent following talks with his lawyer Rafaela Pimenta as the sides move closer to agreeing terms over a four-year deal.

United will lose their record £89million signing to the Italians for the second time after Sportsmail revealed Pogba cost the club nearly £1m per game during his six years back at Old Trafford and will pocket a £3.78m loyalty bonus when he officially leaves on June 30.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...year-deal.html

Re: Pogba, what a waste of money

It would have never happened under Ferguson.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Massive misconception

Fergie obviously one of the best managers of all time but he signed some stinkers too

We're in a different market now compared to 20 years ago

He should be employed on an effort-used basis. A player who only performs when he feels like it and I would imagine he doesn't do much for team spirit.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I saw a really good documentry on him the other day on sky, Never give up, really good covered his career and his near death brain haemorrhage, he talked about his fear of losing the career memories, and then looked back on them from a player to manager.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Massive misconception

Fergie obviously one of the best managers of all time but he signed some stinkers too

We're in a different market now compared to 20 years ago
    Pogba left the first time when Ferguson was the manager, so for sure he wouldn't have come back under his watch.

Pogba was comfortably their best player for a few seasons in a row, and has been in PL team of the seasons while he's been there.

Yes he's tailed off a lot in the last years, but his time there isn't the disaster some people make it out to be.

I’ve said it before and I’ll keep saying it.
    The game needs Performance related pay structure - like any other results based role.
    With KPI’s built in - that will focus the attitude to earn their money.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Pogba was comfortably their best player for a few seasons in a row, and has been in PL team of the seasons while he's been there.

Yes he's tailed off a lot in the last years, but his time there isn't the disaster some people make it out to be.
    At a £million a game?

Bale cost Real Madrid similar didn't he? About £85m?

When you look at Bale's trophy haul, his goals and assist numbers and the fact he scored some of Real's most important goals in big games, it makes it even more crazy that he was branded a 'parasite' by the Spanish media.

Yes, his career there tailed off towards the end, not entirely his fault, but in terms of a return on investment, you can say he was a great success in Spain.

It's a shame Pogba joined a Man Utd that was already on the slide, wonder what he could have done if the club was stable with the right manager in charge. Either way, you have to say value for money wise, he didn't deliver. I'm sure he'll find his feet again at Juventus.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    We've had some bad deals but Pogba blows them out of the water, very overrated player.

Paul Pogba is set to complete his return to Juventus after it emerged he dismissed Manchester United’s contract offer of more than £300,000 a week as ‘nothing’.

Juve look to have won the battle to sign Pogba as a free agent following talks with his lawyer Rafaela Pimenta as the sides move closer to agreeing terms over a four-year deal.

United will lose their record £89million signing to the Italians for the second time after Sportsmail revealed Pogba cost the club nearly £1m per game during his six years back at Old Trafford and will pocket a £3.78m loyalty bonus when he officially leaves on June 30.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...year-deal.html
    He didn’t want to re sign he wanted huge wages that some poor buggers will offer him by not paying a fee. He only looked good at juve because he had pirlo next to him and probably the best two centre backs in the world behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn! View Post
    Bale cost Real Madrid similar didn't he? About £85m?

When you look at Bale's trophy haul, his goals and assist numbers and the fact he scored some of Real's most important goals in big games, it makes it even more crazy that he was branded a 'parasite' by the Spanish media.

Yes, his career there tailed off towards the end, not entirely his fault, but in terms of a return on investment, you can say he was a great success in Spain.

It's a shame Pogba joined a Man Utd that was already on the slide, wonder what he could have done if the club was stable with the right manager in charge. Either way, you have to say value for money wise, he didn't deliver. I'm sure he'll find his feet again at Juventus.
    It’s the Spanish media that are in fact parasites

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

I read an insider opinion editorial, if I can refind I’ll post, the gist of it was that certain players from African countries caused more trouble for the employing clubs than any others. Their recompense package demands were outrageous in some cases often with members of their extended families joining in with the contract negotiations and cutting a slice of the pie for themselves.

It didn’t/ doesn’t happen just in the PL either. It’s the same wherever.

Some managers stay with it others give up trying to manage a burger joint at a crocodile farm and sell them on as soon as.

It often struck me that Pogba when he wanted to play was a great footballer but his mood swings meant he couldn’t be relied on to perform week in week out

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    I read an insider opinion editorial, if I can refind I’ll post, the gist of it was that certain players from African countries caused more trouble for the employing clubs than any others. Their recompense package demands were outrageous in some cases often with members of their extended families joining in with the contract negotiations and cutting a slice of the pie for themselves.

It didn’t/ doesn’t happen just in the PL either. It’s the same wherever.

Some managers stay with it others give up trying to manage a burger joint at a crocodile farm and sell them on as soon as.

It often struck me that Pogba when he wanted to play was a great footballer but his mood swings meant he couldn’t be relied on to perform week in week out
    Paul Pogba is a French player - born in Lagny-sur-Marne (which is in France!).

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Paul Pogba is a French player - born in Lagny-sur-Marne (which is in France!).
    Is he native born Lagny-sur-Marne though?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Is he native born Lagny-sur-Marne though?
    What does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    What does that mean?
    Have a search on lithers recent posts...

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    I’ve said it before and I’ll keep saying it.
    The game needs Performance related pay structure - like any other results based role.
    With KPI’s built in - that will focus the attitude to earn their money.
    What an absolute ridiculous suggestion. Do other results based roles have a world class opposite number who’s specific job it is to negate your influence? When a League 1 striker plays against Van Dijk in the FA Cup and doesn’t a kick does he get paid less that game?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

That just isn’t true I’m afraid. Any of it.

He plays when he wants to - an unforgivable attitude in a sportsperson. Add in petulance and misplace arrogance and you have a player that many managers would avoid for the sake of their team.

There must be a reason that Fergie got shot of him.

Awful person.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    That just isn’t true I’m afraid. Any of it.

He plays when he wants to - an unforgivable attitude in a sportsperson. Add in petulance and misplace arrogance and you have a player that many managers would avoid for the sake of their team.

There must be a reason that Fergie got shot of him.

Awful person.
    and still juve want him !!! you must be missing something there mate