+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wages growth vs. Inflation; EU and UK

Re: Wages growth vs. Inflation; EU and UK

so JamesWales as your the font of knowledge regarding inflation I saw these figures this morning regarding price rises .UK price rises in the past 12 months

▪️Domestic gas 95%
    ▪️Domestic electricity 54%
    ▪️Pasta 48%
    ▪️Fuel 40%
    ▪️Used cars 30%
    ▪️Bread 16%
    ▪️Rice 15%

how come headline inflation is currently 9% ?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    so JamesWales as your the font of knowledge regarding inflation I saw these figures this morning regarding price rises .UK price rises in the past 12 months

▪️Domestic gas 95%
    ▪️Pasta 48%
    ▪️Fuel 40%
    ▪️Used cars 30%
    ▪️Bread 16%
    ▪️Rice 15%

I'm not the font of all knowledge, but off the top of my head;

1 - Thats only a small selection of goods
    2 - Many of those costs may be what the products cost at source, but won't be passed onto retailers
    3 - They may be temporary rises
    4 - In some cases they only form a small part of the economy. For example, if I have £200 to spend a week and bread has gone from 65p to 75p that is a significant rise, but has no real impact on general inflation.

I don't work for national statistics though, all I'm saying is that as bad as things are, they are just as bad and in some cases worse elsewhere.

▪️Domestic gas 95%
    ▪️Pasta 48%
    ▪️Fuel 40%
    ▪️Used cars 30%
    ▪️Bread 16%
    ▪️Rice 15%

Need some clarity :

Will the world be now holding strike ballots , to teach Boris a lesson ??

Is inflation only happening here ??

If flour and jam go up we will not see any cake gate parties

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I'm not the font of all knowledge, but off the top of my head;

1 - Thats only a small selection of goods
    2 - Many of those costs may be what the products cost at source, but won't be passed onto retailers
    3 - They may be temporary rises
    4 - In some cases they only form a small part of the economy. For example, if I have £200 to spend a week and bread has gone from 65p to 75p that is a significant rise, but has no real impact on general inflation.

I don't work for national statistics though, all I'm saying is that as bad as things are, they are just as bad and in some cases worse elsewhere.
    'Gas, electricity and fuel only a small selection of goods'

These are absolute essentials that people have to spend money on. Gas and electric bills are far cheaper in most other countries, why not here?

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post

These are absolute essentials that people have to spend money on. Gas and electric bills are far cheaper in most other countries, why not here?
    Of course they are essential, and that will feed into other costs, but gas going up by X% doesn't mean that everything else will go up by the same X%.

Are you sure bills are far cheaper in most other countries?

We've done this before but I see you keep repeating it.

This data is of course from pre-Ukraine. I think you seem to think that only the UK is impacted by things and that the UK makes uniquely awful decisions. Probably read it on twitter, but it isn't so.
    https://www.saveonenergy.com/uk/how-...across-europe/

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post

It's almost as if fuel poverty doesn't exist

Klaus and the Davos mob want us plebs off of fossil fuels. That's the long and the short of it.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Need some clarity :

Will the world be now holding strike ballots , to teach Boris a lesson ??

Is inflation only happening here ??

If flour and jam go up we will not see any cake gate parties
    good lord no we are as organ would say part of the reset !

just looking at the German figures today

German producer price inflation surges to 33.6 percent in May, the highest level ever recorded since 1949.

on the same day Germany will restart coal plants and take steps to conserve gas amid concerns about Russian supplies

Russian oil exports to China have increased by 55% over the past year Russia's ruble hits seven-year high against US Dollar !

None of it makes any sense . weren't the sanctions against the ruskies supposed to hurt there economy ?

Loos like Brazil , China and India are filling in the gaps ! can't see inflation coming down any day soon

good lord no we are as organ would say part of the reset !

just looking at the German figures today

German producer price inflation surges to 33.6 percent in May, the highest level ever recorded since 1949.

on the same day Germany will restart coal plants and take steps to conserve gas amid concerns about Russian supplies

Russian oil exports to China have increased by 55% over the past year Russia's ruble hits seven-year high against US Dollar !

None of it makes any sense . weren't the sanctions against the ruskies supposed to hurt there economy ?

Loos like Brazil , China and India are filling in the gaps ! can't see inflation coming down any day soon
    This was always the problem. Europe slaps sanctions on Russia, Russia in turn finds other markets for their produce who get it at a better price, and Europe is worse off as a result. But there is no right answer here.

Check out the Ruble. It's absolutely surging.
    https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?f...o=EUR&view=10Y

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    This was always the problem. Europe slaps sanctions on Russia, Russia in turn finds other markets for their produce who get it at a better price, and Europe is worse off as a result. But there is no right answer here.

Check out the Ruble. It's absolutely surging.
    https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?f...o=EUR&view=10Y
    whilst Germany have started the ball rolling on opening up coal power plants .Italy expected to follow suit

https://mqworld.com/2022/06/20/germa...gest%20economy.

don't think Greta will be too happy !

whilst Germany have started the ball rolling on opening up coal power plants .Italy expected to follow suit

https://mqworld.com/2022/06/20/germa...gest%20economy.

don't think Greta will be too happy !
    Germany never stopped did they?

Whereas here in the UK, our government are satan for approving a coal plant in cumbria to supply coal for a steel plant which would otherwise import it. Or close.