+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gareth Bale “would be foolish not to sign for Cardiff City”

Gareth Bale “would be foolish not to sign for Cardiff City”

Re: Gareth Bale “would be foolish not to sign for Cardiff City”

This bit

He really must sign for Cardiff City, if he doesn’t then he will have to explain why he has for a second time turned his back on his ‘hometown’ club. It could be disastrous for him in terms of his personal value to Cardiff City fans in the future.

is just absolute nonsense. Bale owes us nothing

Chippy Alley... guy's a twat!

Is that the main Swansea city forum ?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    This bit

He really must sign for Cardiff City, if he doesn’t then he will have to explain why he has for a second time turned his back on his ‘hometown’ club. It could be disastrous for him in terms of his personal value to Cardiff City fans in the future.

Course he owes us . Dont you remember we offered 2million to spurs and 20k a week but he fecked off to Madrid .... Judas

This bit

Alfresco will be along soon 🙄

What does he owe us? We ignored him 20 years ago and Southampton were interested. Wonder if they would be again?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Alfresco will be along soon ��
    Probably hasn't seen it yet , its a warm night , he'll be dining outside .

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    What does he owe us? We ignored him 20 years ago and Southampton were interested. Wonder if they would be again?
    Or did he decide a Premier League academy would be better for his career than a division 3 club playing in a decrepit, 80% empty stadium?

My thought it would be us or someone like Southampton. I did think Spurs but don’t see him as a Conte player and he wants to be playing.

My head is saying he will sign. I’ll be gutted if he doesn’t, it’s easy enough to deny.

This bit

Agreed … unless he signs for Swansea and he will have some explaining to do!

I was in the year above him in Whitchurch. Our year would always play against his year but he didn't really get involved. We didn't think he was any good to be honest and only thought he was playing for Southampton because his mum was shagging the coach or something. I would have picked out ten different names of better players at the time. Crazy how discipline can become a bigger factor than talent. Anyway, thinly veiled look at me. Doesn't owe us at all. Did the best thing for him and I'm glad he did.

Hope we sign him though

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I was in the year above him in Whitchurch. Our year would always play against his year but he didn't really get involved. We didn't think he was any good to be honest and only thought he was playing for Southampton because his mum was shagging the coach or something. I would have picked out ten different names of better players at the time. Crazy how discipline can become a bigger factor than talent. Anyway, thinly veiled look at me. Doesn't owe us at all. Did the best thing for him and I'm glad he did.

Hope we sign him though
    Bit harsh that, I’d hazard a guess that in reality he was 10x better than those others you mentioned, he’s where he is just based on discipline

Bit harsh that, I’d hazard a guess that in reality he was 10x better than those others you mentioned, he’s where he is just based on discipline
    Maybe "ten different names of better players" is a bit of a stretch but I definitely remember more talented and skillful players at the time. Of course, it's schoolyard football so not exactly the best way to judge someone's ability. These other guys went on to play for teams like Barry Town because as much as they loved football, they also loved a Friday night at Caedelyn Park.

Hope we sign him though
    Wasn't he asked to not use his left foot at school just to bring his level down to the rest of the team? He was faster and more talented than everyone else by a distance, so the PE teacher had to do something to give everyone else a chance.

Maybe "ten different names of better players" is a bit of a stretch but I definitely remember more talented and skillful players at the time. Of course, it's schoolyard football so not exactly the best way to judge someone's ability. These other guys went on to play for teams like Barry Town because as much as they loved football, they also loved a Friday night at Caedelyn Park.
    I just think that the Barry Town ones could have been as dedicated as Bale but would ultimately have fallen by the wayside. Hard to know for sure though of course

I just think that the Barry Town ones could have been as dedicated as Bale but would ultimately have fallen by the wayside. Hard to know for sure though of course
    I think about that way more than I should we'll never know!

Wasn't he asked to not use his left foot at school just to bring his level down to the rest of the team? He was faster and more talented than everyone else by a distance, so the PE teacher had to do something to give everyone else a chance.
    Yeh I remember reading this! There was no such thing when we played every lunch though. No teachers were around anyway. Maybe the use-the-wrong-foot thing was for their year's PE class I'm not sure.

He was never singled out by us though because he really wasn't a big deal at the time. He was just the boy who trains at Southampton. No one in our year thought for a second that he was the next best thing. How wrong we were!

This bit

Well his Whitchurch library ticket has just been renewed perhaps fees were due or owed?

Hope we sign him though
    I was 36 years above him in Whitchurch so don't remember him at all although I do remember other members of the Bale family in Whitchurch

I hope we sign him too

Yeh I remember reading this! There was no such thing when we played every lunch though. No teachers were around anyway. Maybe the use-the-wrong-foot thing was for their year's PE class I'm not sure.

He was never singled out by us though because he really wasn't a big deal at the time. He was just the boy who trains at Southampton. No one in our year thought for a second that he was the next best thing. How wrong we were!
    Are you available to work as a scout?

Seriously though bale is a bit of a strange one as we arent that different in age and many people have said the same as you. I think Southampton are on record saying they had pretty much decided to release him at 15/16 but kept him when he grew?

Edit or maybe he just didnt produce his best at school yard football?

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Hope we sign him though
    And I was in the year above Bales's uncle Chris Pike (playing in same team that won the Cardiff Schools Cup).

Also in that team was my peer Jeremy (Jez) Warburton, father of Sam.

W.H.S. has produced some talented 'athletes' over the years.