+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stereophonics Tonight .........do you still bother with rock gigs ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Stereophonics Tonight .........do you still bother with rock gigs ?

Love the smaller venues like the Acapela in Pentyrch. Watch the band close up not the big screens either side of the stage and sometimes a chance to talk to the artists afterwards. Prices not so bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by YIMann View Post
    Love the smaller venues like the Acapela in Pentyrch. Watch the band close up not the big screens either side of the stage and sometimes a chance to talk to the artists afterwards. Prices not so bad either.
    I saw the great Tom Robinson at the Acapela Studio a few weeks ago. Really enjoyed it. Been there plenty of times in recent years for a variety of shows. Strange venue, but the staff are good people and there's always a decent atmosphere. Haven't tried the pizza yet, though.

First Team

I love going to small hall gigs and try to catch a show a month, commitments permitting.
    Just don’t see the appeal of forking out a fortune to watch the likes of the Rolling Stones on a giant TV screen in Hyde Park.
    TLG mentioned Tom Robinson who I saw in the Concord2 club in Brighton. Great set and you get to see it all up close and personal in these smaller venues.

Saw the Stereophonics live about 20 years ago in Cardiff Castle during their rehearsals for a gig that evening. They were very good but lacked a cohesive sound which has since been remedied with the addition of a couple of non band member musicians. Incidentally the Cardiff concert is live on BBC2 this evening but I suspect most on here will give it a miss as will I.