+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stereophonics Tonight .........do you still bother with rock gigs ?

Re: Stereophonics Tonight .........do you still bother with rock gigs ?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Tempted to go to the primal scream/ happy Mondays gig coming up, think tickets dropped to £45? And it’s moved from the bay to the castle?
    I would imagine that Primal Scream would put on a good show. I just can't see it with the Mondays though. I hope I'm wrong. I just can't imagine them putting in the work. Shaun Ryder seems like a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I would imagine that Primal Scream would put on a good show. I just can't see it with the Mondays though. I hope I'm wrong. I just can't imagine them putting in the work. Shaun Ryder seems like a mess.
    Didn't know they'd moved it to the Castle . That should be better.
    Know what you mean about the Happy Mondays. They played at the Isle of Wight festival on Thursday so might have to check it out so I get an idea of what to expect. Last time I saw them (at Cardiff Uni before covid) Shaun Ryder sat on a stool for most of the gig.

Tempted to go to the primal scream/ happy Mondays gig coming up, think tickets dropped to £45? And it’s moved from the bay to the castle?
    Tickets still on sale

its the sceamadelica tour ( 30 years since the album came out )

Im tempted, mrs is working till 5.30, not sure that leaves us enough Time to get to Cardiff ? ? ?

spoke to a fellow coach about it today at our football presentation ( as we were taking about gigs last night ) He said they both played the IOW festival, he also said ( he works on a sound desk at Glasto every year ) primal scream are at and rumoured to be playing Glasto this year

I’ve never liked the phonics, too bland and dull. Recall seeing them outside the city hall headlining the big weekend before they were famous but that’s the only time I’ve seen them. Used to go to loads of gigs and festivals but just can’t be arsed with so many people and idiots anymore…..in other words I’m getting old…..
    Definitely a sign of old age. Never rated the stereophonics, bit generic, And Kelly Jones used to say he is a Leeds fan.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Tickets still on sale

its the sceamadelica tour ( 30 years since the album came out )

Im tempted, mrs is working till 5.30, not sure that leaves us enough Time to get to Cardiff ? ? ?

spoke to a fellow coach about it today at our football presentation ( as we were taking about gigs last night ) He said they both played the IOW festival, he also said ( he works on a sound desk at Glasto every year ) primal scream are at and rumoured to be playing Glasto this year
    About 10 mates have tickets and I know they will be getting hammered too….think it starts in the pm but I could be wrong.
    Glastonbury coming up and not a clue who is playing, used to love going to live there for a week. Couldn’t handle the sheer number of people there anymore….

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Definitely a sign of old age. Never rated the stereophonics, bit generic, And Kelly Jones used to say he is a Leeds fan.
    Stu was a big city fan though, I saw a " tour warm up gig " at Colston hall many years ago ( just before they played Galsto I think ) , we were at the side of the stage watching the support act and he came out the side of the stage, saw my city badge and we had a brief chat, he was more interested in my wife's work mates daughter though

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Stu was a big city fan though, I saw a " tour warm up gig " at Colston hall many years ago ( just before they played Galsto I think ) , we were at the side of the stage watching the support act and he came out the side of the stage, saw my city badge and we had a brief chat, he was more interested in my wife's work mates daughter though
    I didn't know he was a City fan, I saw them years ago at the Cardiff big weekend gig for free. They weren't bad, mucg prefer SFA though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    I didn't know he was a City fan, I saw them years ago at the Cardiff big weekend gig for free. They weren't bad, mucg prefer SFA though.
    Yes i remember seeing stuart cable at ninian park a lot. Still hugely missed he is by the way.

Went tonight, tickets booked a long time ago.

Jones, Kelly and the Phonics have had their day. Pyrotechnics, lasers and lights...

Jones, Sir Tom needs no gimmicks, just the voice.

Absolute Legend.

I've never been a Stereophonics fan but I can say with all honesty that their concert shown on the TV tonight was absolutely brilliant and I wish I'd been there. Wow !!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I wouldn't bother with the stereophonic as I find them a bit derivative ....but you know its better to hear derivative pub rock than the spice girls , just my view

Firstly enormous gigs like this .....50000 plus ? ......have never appealed to me ...I saw U2 in Cardiff 30 plus years ago and Sabbath in Milton Keynes in 1998 but it was bloody hard work to be honest ......getting to the venue, waiting around , having to engage with pissed people ......there will be lots on the beers today ......in 30 degrees heat ! ....watching the support bands .......standing around .....

I would rather go down the beach listen to music on my headphones then go home and chill!

Is it just me ?

Leading up to lockdown and since I just can't be arsed with live music anymore

Even TOOL playing in the new arena in Cardiff would be an effort these days
    It was live on BBC 2 last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    On my way but may get off in bridgend and go home now

I am just glad to be out and about - city games concerts etc went to see gerry cinnamon in the castle two weeks ago and now the phonics and Sir Tom and see Florence and the machine in November so happy days

Was also supposed to see the macc lads but that fell through

Macc Ladds..they still going?

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Played in Manchester the other day. **** knows how they can get away with it these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    Played in Manchester the other day. **** knows how they can get away with it these days.
    They weren't that good in the first place

Off to see Rammstein in Cardiff later this month.
    Also got free tickets for the entire weekend at Two Thousand Trees next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Off to see Rammstein in Cardiff later this month.
    Also got free tickets for the entire weekend at Two Thousand Trees next month.
    Great live act

Great live act
    Looking forward to it Sludge. It’s been a long wait.....tickets were bought for the concert for 2020!

They certainly do , great riffing too
    I saw Stereos last night. Superb.

I going to Old Trafford on Wednesday to see Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I also have tickets for Rammstein in Cardiff coming up. Bought them over two years ago. They are off the scale when it comes to live performances.

One weekend in 2016 saw Iron Maiden in Paris on Friday, Wales beat Slovakia in Bordeaux on Saturday and Rammstein play Paris on Sunday. Bucket list weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    In the tram shed - I blame my old mate Mark for getting into them back in the day 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

I also have tickets for Rammstein in Cardiff coming up. Bought them over two years ago. They are off the scale when it comes to live performances.

One weekend in 2016 saw Iron Maiden in Paris on Friday, Wales beat Slovakia in Bordeaux on Saturday and Rammstein play Paris on Sunday. Bucket list weekend.
    Wonder why the RHC aren’t playing in Cardiff? Quite like to see them

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Rammstein are class

Meshuggah and Opeth are worth a listen , less heavy