+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stereophonics Tonight .........do you still bother with rock gigs ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Stereophonics Tonight .........do you still bother with rock gigs ?

Went to see Roachford in Bristol last Saturday night. Really good show in the O2 Academy. Venue, Pub, car park all within 100 yards. Home by 11.30 . Great night all round

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Went to see Roachford in Bristol last Saturday night. Really good show in the O2 Academy. Venue, Pub, car park all within 100 yards. Home by 11.30 . Great night all round
    https://youtu.be/8INXFMFxTYY

Fantastic song , saw em in Manchester 1989

Didn't even know they were still going

Their first two albums will always be the sound of my childhood.

They really need to sort ticketing prices out with ticketing outlets making so much money.

I went to see James in Cardiff and that was around £60 quid and the Jesus and Mary Chain in Manchester for about £35.

I went to see U2 in 2017 in Chicago and bought tickets directly from the band and the price was $40. It was an interesting experience in that the website was as such as to stop hawkers buying tickets to resell for huge profits. But then U2 can afford the technology to do so while other bands can't.

Justin Beibers management team buy up tickets from Ticketmaster to resell back to fans on platforms where there is no cap on prices. Outrageous.

John Oliver did a piece recently on ticket prices.

I love smaller venues as the sound is much better and prices more reasonable.