+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stereophonics Tonight .........do you still bother with rock gigs ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Stereophonics Tonight .........do you still bother with rock gigs ?

I wouldn't bother with the stereophonic as I find them a bit derivative ....but you know its better to hear derivative pub rock than the spice girls , just my view

Firstly enormous gigs like this .....50000 plus ? ......have never appealed to me ...I saw U2 in Cardiff 30 plus years ago and Sabbath in Milton Keynes in 1998 but it was bloody hard work to be honest ......getting to the venue, waiting around , having to engage with pissed people ......there will be lots on the beers today ......in 30 degrees heat ! ....watching the support bands .......standing around .....

I would rather go down the beach listen to music on my headphones then go home and chill!

Is it just me ?

Leading up to lockdown and since I just can't be arsed with live music anymore

Even TOOL playing in the new arena in Cardiff would be an effort these days

Re: Stereophonics Tonight .........do you still bother with rock gigs ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I wouldn't bother with the stereophonic as I find them a bit derivative ....but you know its better to hear derivative pub rock than the spice girls , just my view

Firstly enormous gigs like this .....50000 plus ? ......have never appealed to me ...I saw U2 in Cardiff 30 plus years ago and Sabbath in Milton Keynes in 1998 but it was bloody hard work to be honest ......getting to the venue, waiting around , having to engage with pissed people ......there will be lots on the beers today ......in 30 degrees heat ! ....watching the support bands .......standing around .....

I would rather go down the beach listen to music on my headphones then go home and chill!

Is it just me ?

Leading up to lockdown and since I just can't be arsed with live music anymore

Even TOOL playing in the new arena in Cardiff would be an effort these days
    On my way but may get off in bridgend and go home now

I am just glad to be out and about - city games concerts etc went to see gerry cinnamon in the castle two weeks ago and now the phonics and Sir Tom and see Florence and the machine in November so happy days

Was also supposed to see the macc lads but that fell through
    Last edited by Nobody's Rep; 17-06-22 at 12:46. Reason: Typos

I love live music.
    Having been to bigger concerts in Millennium, Morfa and CCS. I did prefer the size and the atmosphere of the CIA. The O2 was ok just a ball ache getting too and from and staying oiled.
    I preferred the atmosphere of the tribute acts in the Tramshed and Globe or even the live bands in the bars.

Wouldn’t bother with stadiums anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    I love live music.
    Having been to bigger concerts in Millennium, Morfa and CCS. I did prefer the size and the atmosphere of the CIA. The O2 was ok just a ball ache getting too and from and staying oiled.
    I preferred the atmosphere of the tribute acts in the Tramshed and Globe or even the live bands in the bars.

Wouldn’t bother with stadiums anymore.
    Don't disagree it is not just either or for me it can be both

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    On my way but may get off in bridgend and go home now

I am just glad to be out and about - city games concerts etc went to see gerry cinnamon in the castle two weeks ago and now the phonics and Sir Tom and see Florence and the machine in November so happy days

Was also supposed to see the macc lads but that fell through
    It's just a ball ache these days

When I'm back I go to quite a few gigs.

Although I couldn't think of anything worse than listening to the Stereophonics - such a contrived & whiny voice whiney like steptoe being cheese grated.

The spice girls

Need to update your cultural references!

Bought tickets a few months ago to see Tears for Fears/Garbage at an outdoor venue close to Baltimore.

Now it's close to the show (Sunday)...
    I just don't think I can be arsed to drive up there and stay in the heat humidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Bought tickets a few months ago to see Tears for Fears/Garbage at an outdoor venue close to Baltimore.
    Tears for Fears are playing at Cardiff Castle next month. I like plenty of their stuff, especially the first album, so I was considering going until I saw the prices. The cheapest standing tickets are £74.00 plus booking fees. It really is a mad world.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Tears for Fears are playing at Cardiff Castle next month. I like plenty of their stuff, especially the first album, so I was considering going until I saw the prices. The cheapest standing tickets are £74.00 plus booking fees. It really is a mad world.
    I see what you did there

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    I see what you did there
    Shout out to TLG. Fair play!

Love the smaller venues like the Acapela in Pentyrch. Watch the band close up not the big screens either side of the stage and sometimes a chance to talk to the artists afterwards. Prices not so bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by YIMann View Post
    Love the smaller venues like the Acapela in Pentyrch. Watch the band close up not the big screens either side of the stage and sometimes a chance to talk to the artists afterwards. Prices not so bad either.
    I saw the great Tom Robinson at the Acapela Studio a few weeks ago. Really enjoyed it. Been there plenty of times in recent years for a variety of shows. Strange venue, but the staff are good people and there's always a decent atmosphere. Haven't tried the pizza yet, though.

First Team

I love going to small hall gigs and try to catch a show a month, commitments permitting.
    Just don’t see the appeal of forking out a fortune to watch the likes of the Rolling Stones on a giant TV screen in Hyde Park.
    TLG mentioned Tom Robinson who I saw in the Concord2 club in Brighton. Great set and you get to see it all up close and personal in these smaller venues.

Saw the Stereophonics live about 20 years ago in Cardiff Castle during their rehearsals for a gig that evening. They were very good but lacked a cohesive sound which has since been remedied with the addition of a couple of non band member musicians. Incidentally the Cardiff concert is live on BBC2 this evening but I suspect most on here will give it a miss as will I.

Off to see Liam Gallagher down the Bay in a few months. What is the outside venue like? Any good ?

I want to go to see The Damned original line up in Birmingham in November

But £74 a ticket ffs

I paid £20 last time

seen the 'phonics a fair few times at both festivals and stand alone gigs

always put on a decent show, the early albums are my fav

not going tonight, as been to a few recently, Reef at Colston Hall ( 02 ), Ed at the Mill stadium and Queen at Londons 02 ( on Tuesday this week ) so gave tonights one a miss

I love live gigs, big and small, each has its merits and downfalls

Hoping I can get a freebie to Rammstein

Not my sort of music usually but know they put on a show

Stereophonics and Tom Jones don't particularly appeal to me, but might watch a bit on TV. I think people are still embracing the freedoms that coming out of lockdown is giving them, especially for these 2 concerts that have been rearranged.
    Much prefer smaller gigs and seen some crackers recently. Tomorrow I'm seeing a Kate Bush tribute act at the Tramshed who are supposed to be very good.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Yup $137 here for 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post

Now it's close to the show (Sunday)...
    I just don't think I can be arsed to drive up there and stay in the heat humidity.
    How many hours drive is Washington dc to baltimore?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Hoping I can get a freebie to Rammstein

Not my sort of music usually but know they put on a show
    They certainly do , great riffing too

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    They certainly do , great riffing too
    I saw Stereos last night. Superb.

I going to Old Trafford on Wednesday to see Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I also have tickets for Rammstein in Cardiff coming up. Bought them over two years ago. They are off the scale when it comes to live performances.

One weekend in 2016 saw Iron Maiden in Paris on Friday, Wales beat Slovakia in Bordeaux on Saturday and Rammstein play Paris on Sunday. Bucket list weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I saw Stereos last night. Superb.

I going to Old Trafford on Wednesday to see Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I also have tickets for Rammstein in Cardiff coming up. Bought them over two years ago. They are off the scale when it comes to live performances.

One weekend in 2016 saw Iron Maiden in Paris on Friday, Wales beat Slovakia in Bordeaux on Saturday and Rammstein play Paris on Sunday. Bucket list weekend.
    Wonder why the RHC aren’t playing in Cardiff? Quite like to see them