+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stereophonics Tonight .........do you still bother with rock gigs ?

Re: Stereophonics Tonight .........do you still bother with rock gigs ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Who are supposed to be very good ?

You mean she is ?
    No, I mean 'who are' are it's a group of musicians aswell as a vocalist.

I am going to London Stadium next Friday
    - Green Day
    - Fall Out Boy
    - Weezer

three groups I really like all for one ticket price

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    It's the march of time. You are slowing down. Bit by bit you are finding reasons to spend ever more time at home. It's going to rain, it's too hot or cold, it's stupidly expensive, it's too much hassle.

You like music, why not utilise your increasing home time by learning to play a musical instrument to reproduce anything from Bach's Minuet in G Major to Benny Hill's The Fastest Milkman in the West and everything in between that you care to?

I'd nominate a blues harmonica. The very best money can buy is just thirty quid - https://theharmonicacompany.com/prod...v=79cba1185463

The best of any other instrument would cost a bomb... but a blues harmonica is more expressive than any of them, something you can put your soul into.

There's plenty of teaching resources out there https://www.youtube.com/user/del78ful/videos https://www.youtube.com/c/firezapa/videos

And it's possible to make even the most familiar tunes sound new. Here's an example of some soul transferring - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8MrZvCuaSU
    Why bother with all that effort though. According to Deagal four out of five of us are dust in the next three years. Surely there are better things on your ever diminishing bucket list than learning the harmonica?

It's the march of time. You are slowing down. Bit by bit you are finding reasons to spend ever more time at home. It's going to rain, it's too hot or cold, it's stupidly expensive, it's too much hassle.

You like music, why not utilise your increasing home time by learning to play a musical instrument to reproduce anything from Bach's Minuet in G Major to Benny Hill's The Fastest Milkman in the West and everything in between that you care to?

I'd nominate a blues harmonica. The very best money can buy is just thirty quid - https://theharmonicacompany.com/prod...v=79cba1185463

The best of any other instrument would cost a bomb... but a blues harmonica is more expressive than any of them, something you can put your soul into.

There's plenty of teaching resources out there https://www.youtube.com/user/del78ful/videos https://www.youtube.com/c/firezapa/videos

And it's possible to make even the most familiar tunes sound new. Here's an example of some soul transferring - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8MrZvCuaSU
    Stick that all up your arse

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    About an hour and a half give or take depending on which part of the area and the Beltway Traffic.
    As close as that , wow

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    No, I mean 'who are' are it's a group of musicians aswell as a vocalist.
    Well I am giving her and them a wide berth

Wunning up that hill is crap

Stick that all up your arse
    You just have to accept you are too long in the tooth to be chasing scrubbers around council estates, particularly that one in Sarn.

Well I am giving her and them a wide berth

Wunning up that hill is crap
    I'm sure she's gutted that you feel that way. Plenty don't though.

https://news.sky.com/story/kate-bush...eased-12635735

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I'm sure she's gutted that you feel that way. Plenty don't though.

https://news.sky.com/story/kate-bush...eased-12635735
    It sounds like my arse after a kebab

Dreadful song

Cloudbusting is good though

It sounds like my arse after a kebab

Dreadful song

Cloudbusting is good though
    You mentioned Cloudbusting some days back. I had a gander on youtube. What a load of dreary rubbish.

You mentioned Cloudbusting some days back. I had a gander on youtube. What a load of dreary rubbish.
    Great strings

And her hair is cute

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Tears for Fears are playing at Cardiff Castle next month. I like plenty of their stuff, especially the first album, so I was considering going until I saw the prices. The cheapest standing tickets are £74.00 plus booking fees. It really is a mad world.
    I see what you did there

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    I see what you did there
    Shout out to TLG. Fair play!

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    - Green Day
    - Fall Out Boy
    - Weezer

Wake me up when September ends.

Went to see Roachford in Bristol last Saturday night. Really good show in the O2 Academy. Venue, Pub, car park all within 100 yards. Home by 11.30 . Great night all round

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Went to see Roachford in Bristol last Saturday night. Really good show in the O2 Academy. Venue, Pub, car park all within 100 yards. Home by 11.30 . Great night all round
    https://youtu.be/8INXFMFxTYY

Fantastic song , saw em in Manchester 1989

Didn't even know they were still going

I do occasionally. I wouldn't bother with stadiums or the Stereophonics though.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    - Green Day
    - Fall Out Boy
    - Weezer

another gig I was very tempted by, even added them to my basket when they came on sale

Billie Joe is a great front man, seen green day a few times now, they played reading festival ( early 00's ) and were great

Their first two albums will always be the sound of my childhood.

They really need to sort ticketing prices out with ticketing outlets making so much money.

I went to see James in Cardiff and that was around £60 quid and the Jesus and Mary Chain in Manchester for about £35.

I went to see U2 in 2017 in Chicago and bought tickets directly from the band and the price was $40. It was an interesting experience in that the website was as such as to stop hawkers buying tickets to resell for huge profits. But then U2 can afford the technology to do so while other bands can't.

Justin Beibers management team buy up tickets from Ticketmaster to resell back to fans on platforms where there is no cap on prices. Outrageous.

John Oliver did a piece recently on ticket prices.

I love smaller venues as the sound is much better and prices more reasonable.

Tempted to go to the primal scream/ happy Mondays gig coming up, think tickets dropped to £45? And it’s moved from the bay to the castle?

Quite shocking to see people enjoying themselves to be honest. People should just stay home and watch tv or just download the music for free. Total idiots paying money!!

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Quite shocking to see people enjoying themselves to be honest. People should just stay home and watch tv or just download the music for free. Total idiots paying money!!
    I would pay money or would have several years ago to see a band I liked in a venue I liked .

But not these days for either reason

Which was the point of the post

First Team

I love going to small hall gigs and try to catch a show a month, commitments permitting.
    Just don’t see the appeal of forking out a fortune to watch the likes of the Rolling Stones on a giant TV screen in Hyde Park.
    TLG mentioned Tom Robinson who I saw in the Concord2 club in Brighton. Great set and you get to see it all up close and personal in these smaller venues.

Saw the Stereophonics live about 20 years ago in Cardiff Castle during their rehearsals for a gig that evening. They were very good but lacked a cohesive sound which has since been remedied with the addition of a couple of non band member musicians. Incidentally the Cardiff concert is live on BBC2 this evening but I suspect most on here will give it a miss as will I.