+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swansea City new shirt

Re: Swansea City new shirt

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

Seeing as "Legoland" is considered cutting edge bantz down west I think they might take this at face value ....

"feckin smart threads and shit-hot perm fair play."

The numbers 30 17 10 21 04 2 4 22 appear in the top right hand corner of that photo and other publicity shots of that kit, anyone know what they signify?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The numbers 30 17 10 21 04 2 4 22 appear in the top right hand corner of that photo and other publicity shots of that kit, anyone know what they signify?
    If that is on the top its borderline seriously obsession.😂😂😂

Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    If that is on the top its borderline seriously obsession.������

Weird.
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...int_source=nba

They’re taking the piss and I don’t blame them, I wonder if our new team will roll over to have their tummies tickled like all of our others have in the last three seasons?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...int_source=nba

They’re taking the piss and I don’t blame them, I wonder if our new team will roll over to have their tummies tickled like all of our others have in the last three seasons?
    Type of thing that if we did it we’d be lapping it up. Take it on the chin, right the wrong this season

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Type of thing that if we did it we’d be lapping it up. Take it on the chin, right the wrong this season
    its a little sad, as Hilts said, its obsession, are we still really their cup finals

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    its a little sad, as Hilts said, its obsession, are we still really their cup finals
    Therein lies the reason for Cardiff 0 Swansea 7 perhaps.

Just got a PM from Maxim, back from Llandovery and is watering the horses but he did make a point of saying how shit the kit was though!

Exactly, and until we stop treating it like any other game, we will continue to be second best

Would we? I'd be a bit embarrassed myself, why on earth would we mention two results from last season at our kit launch, comes across a bit living rent free. And I say that as someone's who's not as bothered about Swansea as most

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Would we? I'd be a bit embarrassed myself, why on earth would we mention two results from last season at our kit launch, comes across a bit living rent free. And I say that as someone's who's not as bothered about Swansea as most
    First double (doube) against your closest rivals, I’d rub it in at any opportunity.

It's 3-0 on 17 Oct 21, and 0-4 on 2 April 22.
    The scoreline and date of the matches v CCFC last season. ie. when and how they did the double.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Just got a PM from Maxim, back from Llandovery and is watering the horses but he did make a point of saying how shit the kit was though!
    Its a great looking kit

To be fair, many teams display their greatest achievements on the shirt - eg stars for league title wins around Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Comes across really tinpot, I'd be embarassed if we did the same

I think one of the main differences between the clubs is that a sizeable chunk of Swansea's support seems to define themselves as "against Cardiff", whereas we don't really go in for that. Swansea City themselves lean into it a bit as well. The most extreme example of the anti-Cardiff stuff is the weird loyalist crap.

It's a shame when we lose to them but it isn't the end of the world, I was more annoyed at the manner of the defeats that the team we actually lost to.

Exactly, and until we stop treating it like any other game, we will continue to be second best
    for me they are just 2 games out of a 50 ish game season, I know I dont live in South Wales, so have very little interaction with the Jacks ( but when I lived in Barry I didnt either ) they are rivals, but it is just 2 other games, great to win them sure, but it was never world ending to lose them either

I always thought it meant more to them anyway, when they were In the prem they appeared to always be looking for our result, it is a obsession

We could have 3111310 on ours in retaliation. Date and score of the first ever top flight derby. We could do the doube over them in any forthcoming season. The first top flight win can never be repeated.......all a bit childish though

An orange Union Jack inspired design, ****ing hell.

Any truth to rumour their fans have done away with coaches and are insisting on marching to every away game next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Jesus. That's a right dog's dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Comes across really tinpot, I'd be embarassed if we did the same

I think one of the main differences between the clubs is that a sizeable chunk of Swansea's support seems to define themselves as "against Cardiff", whereas we don't really go in for that. Swansea City themselves lean into it a bit as well. The most extreme example of the anti-Cardiff stuff is the weird loyalist crap.

It's a shame when we lose to them but it isn't the end of the world, I was more annoyed at the manner of the defeats that the team we actually lost to.
    I honestly don't think there is any major difference in how Swansea City fans see Cardiff City and vice versa.

The fact that there is a three page thread on Swansea's new kit on CCMB does rather undermine the argument that it is they that are obsessed with us..

I do genuinely think it means more to the average Jack and their club. Which is fine, that’s football rivalries for you, let the babies have their bottle.

Think there’s as much of an obsession with City fans about Swansea .
    3 pager on a Swansea shirt, ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    I doubt it would have got past the first page if their new shirt wasn't such an ugly 'homage to the Orange Order' shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Rarely see a thread on them here…there’s usually one every few days on the swamp

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I honestly don't think there is any major difference in how Swansea City fans see Cardiff City and vice versa.

The fact that there is a three page thread on Swansea's new kit on CCMB does rather undermine the argument that it is they that are obsessed with us..
    Mainly because it's a pretty funny kit, it doesn't get anywhere near 3 pages if it isn't a frankly weird shirt that looks like it was designed by Ian Paisley

There are definitely Cardiff fans obsessed with Swansea, but on the whole I'd say it's a much bigger thing for Swansea than for us. I spoke to a Swansea supporting friend of mine after the 4-0 defeat and (after gloating), he mentioned that he never gets the impression that Cardiff are that bothered about it, both as a club and as fans