+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My GP

Re: My GP

In the last few days I've finally got an appointment with my GP after three weeks of trying - but it's only for a telephone call sometime between 8.30am and 1.30pm next Tuesday and I can only discuss one thing.

Been told my daughter will have to wait up to three years for a brace on her teeth.

Covid has seriously undermined the health service. I think there will be a lot of conditions being undiagnosed or late diagnosed that will cost a lot more to fix, and in some cases will be too late to fix. Access to GP's is absolutely critical.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Similar to myself. 2 lots of antibiotics didn't shift it. Had both a telephone appointment and face 2 face with the practice nurse. Did a flow test at home and ended up with a nasal spray. That did the trick as it stopped the nasal drip fluid getting to my throat and chest. Was like it all winter.
    Great tactic this works for me
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sudafed-Sin...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    The NHS is not a good system for delivering universal healthcare. Most developed countries have better healthcare systems than the UK. Unfortunately, there is an almost religious devotion in this country to maintaining 'our NHS' and very few people are willing to consider that the system itself may be part of the problem. The answer is always just to spend more money.
    I don't think that many French people and Germans would prefer our health system to theirs - or whether they contribute to collection tins to help raise money for scanners, air ambulances and the like. The NHS was indeed a wonderful thing for the population of this country but it's not the best in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I don't think that many French people and Germans would prefer our health system to theirs - or whether they contribute to collection tins to help raise money for scanners, air ambulances and the like. The NHS was indeed a wonderful thing for the population of this country but it's not the best in Europe.
    String 'im up!!!

Its very complex to compare Health Services , France is seen as the best but expensive , you get charged for GP visits and can claim back from the government ( like that one that would stop unnecessary visits )

State healthcare in France is not completely free.

Health care costs are covered by the state and patient contributions , known as co-payments , can be about £40 bucks a month out of wages , prices vary depending on level you want need , there are loads of health insurance plans.

Same In Germany there is a basic free to access service and then top up insurance from pay .

Then you need to know what's and how each country's health care expenditures by area , what is its death rate , what personal lifestyles people adopt such as alcohol consumption, obesity , Type 2 diabetes in the UK has the worst blood glucose control,

same in Germany .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Its very complex to compare Health Services , France is seen as the best but expensive , you get charged for GP visits and can claim back from the government ( like that one that would stop unnecessary visits )

State healthcare in France is not completely free.

Health care costs are covered by the state and patient contributions , known as co-payments , can be about £40 bucks a month out of wages , prices vary depending on level you want need , there are loads of health insurance plans.

Same In Germany there is a basic free to access service and then top up insurance from pay .

Then you need to know what's and how each country's health care expenditures by area , what is its death rate , what personal lifestyles people adopt such as alcohol consumption, obesity , Type 2 diabetes in the UK has the worst blood glucose control,

same in Germany .
    Having lived in Germany I know which health system I would prefer to use.

is it the system, or the funding you'd prefer? if we funded our NHS as well as other countries fund their models perhaps it would be even better

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    is it the system, or the funding you'd prefer? if we funded our NHS as well as other countries fund their models perhaps it would be even better
    The quality of the service.

I’ve knocked having a bricks and mortar GP on its head as I’d moved during lockdown and struggled to find any local taking on patients. I started using the Babylon app for video consultations for nurses or doctors and it’s been a dream, often times being able to talk to either on the day or in the next couple. Had blood tests sorted through it at short notice too. It won’t be for all but I can’t imagine going back now.

The quality of the service.
    I'd argue that has more to do with how much it is funded rather than how it is funded.
    you can get incredible quality of service in the USA, but you have to be prepared to pay for it.

that said I think in the pandemic years we've been spending more than many of our European neighbors, because soo much money was wasted and ended up in the pockets of Tory donors

I'm sure you would .. As I would ..

I have a friend there its not that cheap though , guess you get what you pay for , as soon as this government raised NI there was an outcry and shouts of Tories are the tax raises , those in UK under 39k are unaffected ,might be worth examining what a German pays earning 39k ...

Its pointless comparing what we have than others I guess , we need to brave and change the dynamic of its running and funding instead of parties using it as political point scoring .....

I had a bad stomach this time last year and went to the doctors. He told me that it wasn't what we all panic about but I'd better have an emergency endoscopy in the next fortnight. That was July. I had the test the week before Christmas. They told me on the day that it was nothing too serious and they could sort it with antibiotics. Last week I had a text saying to arrange a telephone consultation with my doctor as they had found something. 6 bloody months later!!

They said that it was nothing serious but needed sorting.

I had a text off my doctor for a 2.50pm telephone conversation yesterday. By 4 o clock I was getting concerned as I hadn't heard from them. I rang and the receptionist said he's rung me an hour earlier that they'd said but I'd have to make a new appointment for a weeks time as I hadn't answered. I hit the roof saying no way was I waiting, seeing as I was available waiting for the call at the correct time. Her response was amazing, saying that I shouldn't take any notice of the texts they send out with appointment times as they are always wrong!!!

Finally spoke to a doctor this morning , and lo and behold she decided that we need a face to face meeting at the surgery asap.
    What an absolute bloody shambles!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'd argue that has more to do with how much it is funded rather than how it is funded.
    you can get incredible quality of service in the USA, but you have to be prepared to pay for it.

that said I think in the pandemic years we've been spending more than many of our European neighbors, because soo much money was wasted and ended up in the pockets of Tory donors
    The US health system is responsible for two-thirds of bankrupticies in that country. It's a different kettle of fish to the German system.

https://www.investopedia.com/financi...%20from%20work.

Javid announces some good news for the NHS.

https://twitter.com/sajidjavid/statu...90236031549441

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

Wow that’s great news……..

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

My word, he gets an absolute pounding in that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Wow that’s great news……..
    I thought some of the comments were maybe a bit harsh.