+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Holiday for the World Cup

Holiday for the World Cup

It was mentioned on here a week or two ago, has anyone booked a holiday to take some of the World Cup in? Qatar does seem a bit of a no go for most of us. I’ve booked a fortnight in Adeje, Tenerife to take the three group games in. Just hope there’s a decent Welsh contingent there, expecting to be swamped by English understandably.

Re: Holiday for the World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It was mentioned on here a week or two ago, has anyone booked a holiday to take some of the World Cup in? Qatar does seem a bit of a no go for most of us. I’ve booked a fortnight in Adeje, Tenerife to take the three group games in. Just hope there’s a decent Welsh contingent there, expecting to be swamped by English understandably.
    I'd rather be "in the mix" here personally, watching it with a load of other welsh fans

I don't support it being in Qatar for all the established reasons, but it is what it is, and I'm gonna embrace a winter world cup.

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire. Warm beer thrown in the air as Bale bends one in the top corner. I love you baby giving into Fairytale of New York on the Jukebox.

Obviously it's better in the summer, but I'm actually looking forward to it.

Booked a week in Dubai with the hope of getting tickets so I can go and watch a couple of games

Quite a few lads i go away with the City with are doing the Tennerife option Splott. Myself and a few others all booked up in Dubai and shuttles for the games booked too. If we get past the group stage i will just extend. Staying in Qatar was not going to be an option for me. Too expensive and not enough social options.
    Spedger

I hope Cardiff Council / FAW can conjure up something good within Cardiff.

Not sure if there are any clashes with fixtures, but a permanent fan zone in the Millennium stadium would be good.

roof closed so weather not an issue, Could do a similar layout to that of the Phonics gig last weekend. standing tickets on pitch, seating in stands. and lots of catering would be good!

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post

Not sure if there are any clashes with fixtures, but a permanent fan zone in the Millennium stadium would be good.

roof closed so weather not an issue, Could do a similar layout to that of the Phonics gig last weekend. standing tickets on pitch, seating in stands. and lots of catering would be good!
    Won't happen due to the autumn internationals. I would be surprised if the Motorpoint Arena isn't thinking about it all though.

Off to Florida for nearly 3 weeks, land day before 1st game. Typical we get US and England in our group.

Zero interest in supporting anything to do with Qatar unfortunately. Booked this a while ago so in the event we did qualify I wouldn't be able to let me heart rule my head and go ahead and book something.

Hopefully there's plenty of empty seats and such a ridiculous idea never surfaces again. Although I'm sure it will sell out and Saudi 2034 will be announced in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post

Good idea that, shame about the autumn internationals. Presumably depot and tramshed will be showing the games again, although some of them are at awkward times this time

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Won't happen due to the autumn internationals. I would be surprised if the Motorpoint Arena isn't thinking about it all though.
    What about the home of Welsh football, our place?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    What about the home of Welsh football, our place?
    Well, due to the weather I guess. I should imagine thats why chris lee mentioned the Millennium Stadium.

But yeah, in some of the corporate areas, why not..although I can't say that appeals. 5,000 in the Motorpoint Arena would be fun mind.

Going to Barcelona….

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'd rather be "in the mix" here personally, watching it with a load of other welsh fans
    I’m saving that for the latter stages, particularly our first World Cup Final.

Been talking about it with my Brother.
    He's in group 2 of Welsh FA Portal so probably won't be able to get tickets for both he and I.

It's shite that it's in Qatar. It's shite that Wales fans only have 2000 tickets and it's shite that you need a ticket to get a visa.

Going via US Soccer might be an option that I have to look into.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Yes, I've already booked an hotel in Cardiff for all of the matches.

Rather be in a local pub. Im sure there will be loads out.

Feck paying high prices for a horrible pint at the CCS or other venue in a plastic glass in the Winter.

Im sure Spain the Canaries will be good fun though.