+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mirror reckon Neco might be among Anfield clearout to prepare Bellingham attempt next season...

Mirror reckon Neco might be among Anfield clearout to prepare Bellingham attempt next season...

The suggestion is 5 or 6 to be sold or loaned this coming season...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...-plan-27255005

I presume they wouldn't consider a cheeky loan bid for the young Welshman

Re: Mirror reckon Neco might be among Anfield clearout to prepare Bellingham attempt next season...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post

He's potentially worth quite a bit more than 6 million after a few years at the right club. Cracking engine on him. Would be amazing for us.

Re: Mirror reckon Neco might be among Anfield clearout to prepare Bellingham attempt next season...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post

To fill our shortage at right back? The idea that Bale or even Ramsey would be prepared to come here on the cheap has some merit, but Liverpool would want a substantial loan fee for Williams. In the very unlikely event that we could afford that, Williams, as a Premier League standard player early in his career, would, frankly, be mad to come here if you think in terms of his career development.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    To fill our shortage at right back? The idea that Bale or even Ramsey would be prepared to come here on the cheap has some merit, but Liverpool would want a substantial loan fee for Williams. In the very unlikely event that we could afford that, Williams, as a Premier League standard player early in his career, would, frankly, be mad to come here if you think in terms of his career development.
    I should imagine he reads this messageboard, don’t discourage him

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I should imagine he reads this messageboard, don’t discourage him

Being a bit serious, if we'd been a better run club that had made the most of the opportunity Tan's money presented, I reckon we'd get him now if we wanted him.

He'll go back to Fulham, won't he?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    He'll go back to Fulham, won't he?
    forest are in need of a replacement for Spence as well, he'd be ideal

Personally, I think our cheeky loan bid should be for Ethan Ampadu

He should just leave and he will easily find a other Premier League team. I've said it before that Liverpool is the worst club for him being 2.5 years younger and stuck behind Alexander-Arnold, whom Klopp favours. Who knows, Neco might even turn out to be the better player, he's certainly more dynamic, although TAA does have his own qualities on the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Personally, I think our cheeky loan bid should be for Ethan Ampadu
    He's useless.

International

He's a great player, he was brillaint against Ukraine, he should leave he could easily play in the top half of the premier league, if we did get him it woud be amazing but very unlikely.

I'd be pissed off if Neco ended up at a championship club

He is one of Wales' stars of the future and needs to play regularly at a high level which he's capable of.

Easily could slot in a lower end PL team

Fulham I reckon. Forest may make a move if they cant sign Spence.

Hes not getting in the Liverpool team on he needs to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    He's a great player, he was brillaint against Ukraine, he should leave he could easily play in the top half of the premier league, if we did get him it woud be amazing but very unlikely.
    he was playing at the top of the championship last season, he isn't going to take a backwards step and join a mid table at best side.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    he was playing at the top of the championship last season, he isn't going to take a backwards step and join a mid table at best side.
    Agreed he can get a lot better, and it's just the start of his career he needs to be playing regurlarly in the Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Agreed he can get a lot better, and it's just the start of his career he needs to be playing regurlarly in the Premier League.
    He will be, Neco is a top player with a big future ahead of him.

Neco could easily be on some foreign clubs radars too.
    He is that good right now will become better with experience.

Being a bit serious, if we'd been a better run club that had made the most of the opportunity Tan's money presented, I reckon we'd get him now if we wanted him.
    Before Tan came in we were on the verge of bankruptcy and now we aren't. I think you should stop trying to rewrite history. Like nearly every other club we are having to cost cut currently, mainly due to Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Before Tan came in we were on the verge of bankruptcy and now we aren't. I think you should stop trying to rewrite history. Like nearly every other club we are having to cost cut currently, mainly due to Covid.
    not mainly due to covid, we are mainly having to cut costs because we have no more premier league money and are now having to exist on a fraction of what we had before.
    From when we were first relegated to now our income has dropped probably around £60m a season to maybe around £20m ish. Of that reduction only a few million will be down to Covid.

It is pretty obvious that with the money Tan invested, if we had used that more wisely we could have remained in the premier league, and would be in the position to make an offer for Nico now. It isn't a given, but even if 50% of our signings had been better we'd have had a good chance I think.
    Tan must despair about the money he's wasted on us.

I think you must be on automatic pilot with this one because it’s got nothing whatsoever to do with what I said - I’ll not say any more because I’ve just seen what Rjk has posted in reply to you and he’s covered all I wanted to say.

Way too good for us. Hope he goes somewhere bigger and excels.

How much debt were we in when Tan arrived? How much debt are we in now?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    not mainly due to covid, we are mainly having to cut costs because we have no more premier league money and are now having to exist on a fraction of what we had before.
    From when we were first relegated to now our income has dropped probably around £60m a season to maybe around £20m ish. Of that reduction only a few million will be down to Covid.

It is pretty obvious that with the money Tan invested, if we had used that more wisely we could have remained in the premier league, and would be in the position to make an offer for Nico now. It isn't a given, but even if 50% of our signings had been better we'd have had a good chance I think.
    Tan must despair about the money his CEO’s wasted on us.
    *edited that last line to make it precise…..

Totally agree. As much as i love the city and would not put us down. Nico is just too good for the championship and the City for this stage of his career. For me he is the first name on the Wales team sheet these days. His domestic football level is the Premiership or one of the big leagues on the continent.
    Spdger

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Way too good for us. Hope he goes somewhere bigger and excels.