+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Matt Le Tissier Sacking

Re: Matt Le Tissier Sacking

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    At the end of that undr the cosh video I posted the link to...he says that people do have the ability to think for themselves.
    I think his biggest beef is not fully trusting the media at the moment.

I certainly don't trust the established media at the moment but that doesn't mean that I trust any other Tom Dick or Harry online either.
    The link you posted has a headline of something like those criticising me in football are morally bankrupt.

This from Le Tissier who admitted being part of a spread betting scam in a game he was involved in.

Didn't Charlie Nicholas and Phil Thompson leave sky at a similar time to him? Even if he hadn't made those mad tweets like the Anne Frank one he could have been out anyway. It was badly in need of freshening up.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Didn't Charlie Nicholas and Phil Thompson leave sky at a similar time to him? Even if he hadn't made those mad tweets like the Anne Frank one he could have been out anyway. It was badly in need of freshening up.
    Yes. Same time I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Can you remember when that show had the likes of Rodney Marsh, Frank Mcclintock, George Best etc? Some of the shit they spouted on air was disgusting. I think that it was a case of shipping out the dead wood and modernising a bit.

Sky also got shot of Charlie Nicholas and Phil Thompson. Perhaps someone within the Sky corridors of power thought it was a good idea to freshen Soccer Saturday up a bit.

If they did, they were right. I’m a big fan of the show, but it had definitely become stale and Matt Le Tissier was never the most entertaining of pundits to start with. Throw in a few of his self-publicised batshit crazy conspiracy theories and the simple fact is he was an obvious candidate for replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't particularly trust the Established Media either, not so much in terms of outright lying, but more so in following a Narrative and not investigating or reporting in a nuanced manner. I know that you were never a fan, and i fully concede that he had his failings, but Jeremy Corbyn was given plenty of treatment by the media that was almost always negative, when some of it just wasn't true. I kind of like Matt Le Tissier, seems a decent bloke who would probably sit and listen to both sides of an argument, it's just a shame that he seems to have dived in with two feet, which is a first in his career
    I agree with you 100% and due to my bias against him (and more so some of his shadow cabinet)....I was guilty of being able to overlook it.

I've found Al Jazeera to be the best coverage I can find on Ukraine and I'm thinking about subscribing to this https://ground.news/ which was advertised on The Caspian Report...which is a Geopolitical channel that I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The link you posted has a headline of something like those criticising me in football are morally bankrupt.

This from Le Tissier who admitted being part of a spread betting scam in a game he was involved in.
    It's a headline grabber isn't it.

He said that once in an interview that lasted well over an hour, he also discussed his involvement in the spread betting scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I agree with you 100% and due to my bias against him (and more so some of his shadow cabinet)....I was guilty of being able to overlook it.

I've found Al Jazeera to be the best coverage I can find on Ukraine and I'm thinking about subscribing to this https://ground.news/ which was advertised on The Caspian Report...which is a Geopolitical channel that I like.
    Yeah, Al Jazeera is very good. The Ukraine situation is another subject that i steer clear of on here. Putin is a scumbag gangster, people on both sides of the political divide have been saying so for decades, yet it was the right who accommodated him, and i include Blair in that. That's not to say that some on the Left weren't or haven't been sympathetic. Corbyn was calling him out for years. What Putin has done to Ukraine is a crime, i hope that he gets what he deserves, although i doubt that he will. The issue i have is that there is a problem (in my opinion) in Ukraine with the far right neo Nazis, and there has been persecution towards ethnic Russians from these groups, but because of what Putin has done it makes it a difficult subject to address, because i may be accused of being Pro Putin, which i'm not and never have been, and whatever has happened to the ethnic russians in Ukraine, does not justify an invasion. It's a difficult subject to address though, especially at the moment

Luckily everything is measurable over time, so it's probably a good idea to return to this thread around 2005, and see where we are then.

Yeah, Al Jazeera is very good. The Ukraine situation is another subject that i steer clear of on here. Putin is a scumbag gangster, people on both sides of the political divide have been saying so for decades, yet it was the right who accommodated him, and i include Blair in that. That's not to say that some on the Left weren't or haven't been sympathetic. Corbyn was calling him out for years. What Putin has done to Ukraine is a crime, i hope that he gets what he deserves, although i doubt that he will. The issue i have is that there is a problem (in my opinion) in Ukraine with the far right neo Nazis, and there has been persecution towards ethnic Russians from these groups, but because of what Putin has done it makes it a difficult subject to address, because i may be accused of being Pro Putin, which i'm not and never have been, and whatever has happened to the ethnic russians in Ukraine, does not justify an invasion. It's a difficult subject to address though, especially at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Luckily everything is measurable over time, so it's probably a good idea to return to this thread around 2005, and see where we are then.
    Fair enough. I'll get the DeLorean.

It certainly is complicated.
    I have no idea why some on the right are Pro Putin?

I think that Neo Nazism is a problem throughout Eastern Europe including Russia.
    Putin has obviously used the Neo Nazi element (along with Nato expansion) as an excuse for a land grab and assertion of power and influence in the region.

Russia needs to pay for what it has done.

Putin is a WEF young global leader along with Blair, Merkel, Macron, Johnson, Starmer, Trudeau, Adern, Rutte, etc., so he's either turned against his masters or he's playing along with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    Fair enough. I'll get the DeLorean.
    You know the score, remember the Trump Russia collusion hoax? Everything comes out in the wash eventually

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Sky also got shot of Charlie Nicholas and Phil Thompson. Perhaps someone within the Sky corridors of power thought it was a good idea to freshen Soccer Saturday up a bit.

If they did, they were right. I’m a big fan of the show, but it had definitely become stale and Matt Le Tissier was never the most entertaining of pundits to start with. Throw in a few of his self-publicised batshit crazy conspiracy theories and the simple fact is he was an obvious candidate for replacement.
    If Jeff Stelling goes viewers will be gone .

He was / is the glue that the programme together including the lost bat crazy bunch , great entertainments , help is there as it will soon become a sanitised politically correct programme , instead of great stores , mistakes , laugh out moments .

Jeff was ready to leave with the bat shit crazies and oldies , Sky probably bunged a view extras , when Jeff goes Saturday will turn , like Soccer AM did, and become abysmal .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    ....it will soon become a sanitised politically correct programme....
    Yeah, before we know it they'll be having female reporters at matches, black guys on the panel and other politically correct crap like that.

Oh, hang on.....

Just watched the Under the Cosh video and thought it was great when the talk was about football, but then there was the ten minutes at the end. I agree with LeTissier when he says the main stream media don’t tell the truth 100 per cent of the time and I like the fact that, unlike those who identify with his views on here, he’s prepared to admit he could be wrong in his opinions.

However, one of the problems I have with him and plenty of others is that anyone who thinks they’re talking bollox on something is considered to be some sort of MSM stooge. LeTissier talked absolute bollox in Under the Cosh when he recounted a conversation he had with ex player Bobby Barnes who now works for the PFA about the number of players having heart issues in the modern game, he asked Barnes to name players who collapsed on the pitch during his career, Barnes answered Marc Vivienne Foe and Fabrice Muamba (there was also a player called David Longhurst who died during a game with a heart issue in the 80s or early nineties), but LeTissier wrote these off because he said they happened after Barnes retired. I must admit I didn’t know what point LeTissier was trying to make for a while, but I should really have known that he was talking about the heart problems being brought on by the Covid vaccine - well, one thing I know for sure is that what happened to Messrs Foe, Muamba and Longhurst had nothing whatsoever to do with the vaccine and yet LeTissier could not see this in the case of the first two.

You know the score, remember the Trump Russia collusion hoax? Everything comes out in the wash eventually
    Usually you don't have to travel 17 years back in time for the spin cycle to finish though

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    heart problems being brought on by the Covid vaccine - well, one thing I know for sure is that what happened to Messrs Foe, Muamba and Longhurst had nothing whatsoever to do with the vaccine and yet LeTissier could not see this in the case of the first two.
    None of the players that have had these heart issues were vaccinated either, but most had Covid. Almost like a pandemic was going on and this virus was having effects on the population. Does get in the way of his anti vax, Covid is a myth agenda though so best not to mention that. Also all the caffeine supplements and whatever the players are taking, plus playing 50/60/70 games a year... I'm surprised there aren't more. Also the heart attacks in the stands are directly proportional to the heart attacks in the population, it is just getting noticed as we are better at dealing with them. Again, MLT has conveniently missed that when he did his own research.

However, one of the problems I have with him and plenty of others is that anyone who thinks they’re talking bollox on something is considered to be some sort of MSM stooge. LeTissier talked absolute bollox in Under the Cosh when he recounted a conversation he had with ex player Bobby Barnes who now works for the PFA about the number of players having heart issues in the modern game, he asked Barnes to name players who collapsed on the pitch during his career, Barnes answered Marc Vivienne Foe and Fabrice Muamba (there was also a player called David Longhurst who died during a game with a heart issue in the 80s or early nineties), but LeTissier wrote these off because he said they happened after Barnes retired. I must admit I didn’t know what point LeTissier was trying to make for a while, but I should really have known that he was talking about the heart problems being brought on by the Covid vaccine - well, one thing I know for sure is that what happened to Messrs Foe, Muamba and Longhurst had nothing whatsoever to do with the vaccine and yet LeTissier could not see this in the case of the first two.
    I played with a young lad who died on the pitch due to a heart issue. It has always happened, but not in the numbers we have been seeing recently. Our coaches were ex-international players and they'd never known a situation like that before, either anecdotally or in person.

I played with a young lad who died on the pitch due to a heart issue. It has always happened, but not in the numbers we have been seeing recently. Our coaches were ex-international players and they'd never known a situation like that before, either anecdotally or in person.
    I’m sure it also happened to a Motherwell player yrs ago as well.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I’m sure it also happened to a Motherwell player yrs ago as well.
    It was a heart defect rather than some external cause. A very sad day that I will never forget, I was 16 at the time.

I played with a young lad who died on the pitch due to a heart issue. It has always happened, but not in the numbers we have been seeing recently.
    How recent are we talking?

I should really have known that he was talking about the heart problems being brought on by the Covid vaccine - well, one thing I know for sure is that what happened to Messrs Foe, Muamba and Longhurst had nothing whatsoever to do with the vaccine and yet LeTissier could not see this in the case of the first two.
    He also said that the uptick (pardon the pun) in cardiovascular issues could be caused by Covid itself...he would just like it looked into further.

Hardly unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    How recent are we talking?
    It was before Marc Vivienne Foe and Fabrice Muamba, and very rare at the time. We never ate the processed food that is everywhere now, so we were quite fit and healthy.