+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Matt Le Tissier Sacking

Re: Matt Le Tissier Sacking

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It was before Marc Vivienne Foe and Fabrice Muamba, and very rare at the time.
    "It has always happened, but not in the numbers we have been seeing recently"

I was referring to that

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I’m sure it also happened to a Motherwell player yrs ago as well.
    Phil O’Donnell? Robbie James as well.

We never ate the processed food that is everywhere now, so we were quite fit and healthy.
    That's the most ignorant thing I've seen on here today and I've been reading the Rwanda thread

I always think that people should say what they think. That will often confirm they are complete pillocks rather than leave it open to doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by robjohn44 View Post
    Nice Insult you obviously know nothing of the political and social aims of the marxist blm agenda supported by billionaires.
    Who did I insult and please enlighten us of the billionaire Marxist BLM agenda.

Edit: you ****ing nutcase.
    Last edited by Harry Paget Flashman; 20-06-22 at 17:43. Reason: Insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    That's the most ignorant thing I've seen on here today and I've been reading the Rwanda thread
    Tis true, we only ate freshly prepared food, no frozen food, no additives or preservatives, etc. Modern life is rubbish

Tis true, we only ate freshly prepared food, no frozen food, no additives or preservatives, etc. Modern life is rubbish
    Those sports scientists and personal nutritionists that you had in the good old days must have been amazing. The fact that they prevented genetic heart conditions could even be described as Biblical

Those sports scientists and personal nutritionists that you had in the good old days must have been amazing. The fact that they prevented genetic heart conditions could even be described as Biblical
    Sports scientists and personal nutritionists weren't even a thing, the shops were just full of fresh food. Pre-prepared meals and junk food came later as a way to make more money, and at the cost of people's health.

Sports scientists and personal nutritionists weren't even a thing, the shops were just full of fresh food. Pre-prepared meals and junk food came later as a way to make more money, and at the cost of people's health.
    Obviously they weren't a thing, that was the point I was making about you thinking that you were fitter and healthier than modern day professional footballers

We never ate the processed food that is everywhere now, so we were quite fit and healthy.
    Even cigarettes were healthy back then. That’s what the ads and the doctors said anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Matt le Tissier directly compared the lockdown to the holocaust. He thinks people who died from COVID were actors. Says PCR tests were the "biggest fraud every perpetuated on mankind". He doesn't think the media are telling the truth about Ukraine. He doesn't believe in climate change. He thinks the Tanzania president was assasinated because he was an anti vaxxer. The guy is a complete nut job.
    This.

Having opinions is one thing. This is next level, conspiracy theory bullshit. And it's dangerous. If he worked for me, and I could legally sack him, I would. I should imagine many of his co-workers are glad to see the back of him. Imagine having to listen to that nonsense from a "higher up".

Luckily everything is measurable over time, so it's probably a good idea to return to this thread around 2005, and see where we are then.
    On a scale of 1 to 10 how wrong is he though?

Obviously they weren't a thing, that was the point I was making about you thinking that you were fitter and healthier than modern day professional footballers
    Not all modern day footballers follow the health and fitness protocols to a T, and they can't be policed 24/7. It's up to the individuals to buy into the idea that they should be the best that they can be, but believe it or not many are only in it for the money and still want to enjoy themselves.

We seem to be in danger of derailing this thread, so getting back to Matt LeTissier he ate chips and tomato ketchup with every meal. He could have been some player if he didn't have any bad habits!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    On a scale of 1 to 10 how wrong is he though?
    I'd say it's somewhere between 1 and 10, but I don't have enough data yet to come to a solid conclusion.

Not all modern day footballers follow the health and fitness protocols to a T, and they can't be policed 24/7. It's up to the individuals to buy into the idea that they should be the best that they can be, but believe it or not many are only in it for the money and still want to enjoy themselves.

We seem to be in danger of derailing this thread, so getting back to Matt LeTissier he ate chips and tomato ketchup with every meal. He could have been some player if he didn't have any bad habits!
    Not necessarily true with all players, in terms of discipline with diet and recovery, it's also down to character. If Le Tissier had been made to eat properly, recover properly etc, then he may have become unhappy and his performance levels may have dropped. He comes across as the type who needs his home comforts in order to perform. What I will agree with you on is that if he had been more professional, then he probably would have extended his career by three years, although to balance that, we may not have seen a happy player who basically did what he wanted in order to perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Not necessarily true with all players, in terms of discipline with diet and recovery, it's also down to character. If Le Tissier had been made to eat properly, recover properly etc, then he may have become unhappy and his performance levels may have dropped. He comes across as the type who needs his home comforts in order to perform. What I will agree with you on is that if he had been more professional, then he probably would have extended his career by three years, although to balance that, we may not have seen a happy player who basically did what he wanted in order to perform.
    That's why you have to admire coaches like Conte, he susses players out very quickly, and he knows knows the one he can work with at an optimum level. There is no messing about with him. Some people criticize Joe Rodon for not playing, but he's still hanging in there gaining valuable knowledge and experience, while maintaining peak fitness. He even got a few minutes towards the end of the season, so he must be doing something right. Personally, I am hoping him and Ben Davies are still there going into the World Cup. Davies has been fantastic under Conte and has really upped his game.

Always nice to get insight from you, Tuerto, as you've got more inside knowledge from your playing days than probably anyone (though I know it's going back a bit )

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Always nice to get insight from you, Tuerto, as you've got more inside knowledge from your playing days than probably anyone (though I know it's going back a bit )
    It's a misconception that you have to play the game to know the game, although it does help when you have some experiences that you can relate to. I was brought up with ex-pro's, coached by them, played with them, and drank with them. Some of the stories you hear are bonkers

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The olden days! Some players just can't do all of that nutrition stuff, it's what they are, it's their character, yet they can perform on a match day, usually players who use raw skill, movement, intelligence in order to perform. In a strange kind of way I think that Peter Whittingham was that kind of player. Probably didn't enjoy training, running etc, liked his home comforts and seemed at ease with himself.

I always used to think to myself initially, when watching him, why doesn't he give a little more in terms of urgency, intensity, he'd be top half premier League if he did. Then I realized that if he changed so dramatically, then he would never have been the player we saw, that nonchalant stride and look of a librarian in times of crisis is what made him so good, it was as much part of his game as his wand of a left foot. I think that managers fall down when they try to change certain players and their habits.

Most players used to drink like a fish back in the day, and they would even go to the pub after training. But it was a level playing field, as everybody was up to the same tricks. I'm not surprised that a lot of ex-players had drinking problems later in life.

I always used to think to myself initially, when watching him, why doesn't he give a little more in terms of urgency, intensity, he'd be top half premier League if he did.
    That's the reason why Villa let him go.

It's a misconception that you have to play the game to know the game, although it does help when you have some experiences that you can relate to. I was brought up with ex-pro's, coached by them, played with them, and drank with them. Some of the stories you hear are bonkers
    Thanks for sharing that. I had no idea of your background 🤪

Most players used to drink like a fish back in the day, and they would even go to the pub after training. But it was a level playing field, as everybody was up to the same tricks. I'm not surprised that a lot of ex-players had drinking problems later in life.
    Good job you didn't eat frozen food alongside the binge drinking

Good job you didn't eat frozen food alongside the binge drinking
    That came later mate

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I would suggest that you just turn your tv on, no sound, and watch the coverage of Ukraine. If you think that what appears in front if your eyes is not Russian atrocities being carried out then there is no hope for you. Did Ukraine invade Russia ? Has Ukraine been blowing up its own buildings with people inside ? Have Ukrainian snipers been deliberately shooting its own people and shoving the bodies in open graves ? Honest to god man, how can you make comments like that ?
    I suggest you look back to 2014 when the american backed coup overthrew the democractically elected pro russian goverment of ukraine and put in place the corrupt Zelensky puppets we have now,Thats when this war actually started.