+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Matt Le Tissier Sacking

Matt Le Tissier Sacking

Re: Matt Le Tissier Sacking

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    I was unaware of this and I have to say I always liked Matt le Tissier.

I did think that he took the "easy option" of staying with Southampton at a time when he was one of the hottest players in the EPL.
    I thought he could have won many trophies and perhaps become one of the true greats of the game had he moved to say MU.

I guess though that if you are happy where you are, wife and kids settled, revered by the fans and earning a decent wage then one has to respect a decision like his to say put.
    Also, much like Jack Grealish's position now, there is always an element of risk going elsewhere to "better one's self"

Without knowing the true facts behind his reasoning on the BLM matter and Sky's subsequent decision to cancel him, I do admire him for taking a stance on what he believed was right.

The double standards of Sky with regard to keeping on the whiney one are spot on.

Spoke the truth. Doesn't fit with Sky for whatever reason. People are forced to go along with a view or lose their job. Remember that every time you watch the news media.

Dumb and dumber.

Matt Le Tissier and co have made a good living out of punditry for way too long in my opinion, all of that without really telling us much, so he doesn't have much to grumble about in terms of being replaced.

As for his suspicions over the BLM movement, that's fair enough in my opinion, he doesn't have to agree with what they aim to achieve and he should be able to say as much.

I don't know if he's a bit pissed off over losing his job at Sky, or the whole situation that led up to it etc, but let's be honest, he was working for a top end shit house outfit who care zero over shafting people in order to expand their empire, **** with low paid workers pay and conditions etc, I can't recall him speaking out then or offering his resignation.

Personally, I don't think that he should have lost his job for having an opinion, if that was actually the case, although I don't really give a shit in the scheme of things. He's done alright previously. There were plenty of things that were wrong and that he could have opened his mouth about in the days when he was earning very good money, but he didn't.

Good for him, and clarifies what many suspect. It's utterly absurd how all of that was put on us, especially if you think (as i do) like Kemi Badenoch that a lot of this will make things worse.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...ties-minister/

Some of the comments and stopped after 10 seconds integrity , morals.

PMSL this is Matt Le Tissier we are talking about.

Got a conspiracy theory? Tell Matt le Tisseier - he'll spread it for you.
    Great player, but now he's up there with David Icke.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Got a conspiracy theory? Tell Matt le Tisseier - he'll spread it for you.
    Great player, but now he's up there with David Icke.
    You clearly didn't listen to what he said in that interview. He didn't want to wear a political slogan and criticised lockdowns. Seems reasonable. Or do you support global media organisations over a small degree of freedom of expression?

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Spoke the truth. Doesn't fit with Sky for whatever reason. People are forced to go along with a view or lose their job. Remember that every time you watch the news media.
    Welcome to the new world including a small few on CCMB if your view is not to the liking your a C!!t or T!!t

Classic for me is having a view on Taking the knee (or taking a knee) you even get picked up for getting that description wrong

Matt is completely in the right i am sick of the propaganda spewed out by sky and that idiot managing england.

BLM are Evil and sky are corrupted.

He's active on two forms of social media, one of them is a paid platform where he gives his opinion on stuff, and he's knocking out podcasts and interviews like a demon. Cancelled he ain't.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    You clearly didn't listen to what he said in that interview. He didn't want to wear a political slogan and criticised lockdowns. Seems reasonable. Or do you support global media organisations over a small degree of freedom of expression?
    Matt le Tissier directly compared the lockdown to the holocaust. He thinks people who died from COVID were actors. Says PCR tests were the "biggest fraud every perpetuated on mankind". He doesn't think the media are telling the truth about Ukraine. He doesn't believe in climate change. He thinks the Tanzania president was assasinated because he was an anti vaxxer. The guy is a complete nut job.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Matt le Tissier directly compared the lockdown to the holocaust. He thinks people who died from COVID were actors. Says PCR tests were the "biggest fraud every perpetuated on mankind". He doesn't think the media are telling the truth about Ukraine. He doesn't believe in climate change. He thinks the Tanzania president was assasinated because he was an anti vaxxer. The guy is a complete nut job.
    Agreed if you talk rubbish you shouldn't work on a chat show, he's earned enough already and wasn't even that good anyway.

Indeed. I have nothing against freedom of speech, but spreading complete and utter bollocks is another.

I would be interested to see his rebuttal to some of that, although I do remember him writing some nonsense about Anne Frank, which really..I mean, if ever there is a topic to leave alone it's that!

From the video, it's mainly the BLM stuff that did for him, and I think that is totally wrong, as it is a political organisation backed by a specific theory on race relations and not signing up to it is perfectly legitimate and it should never have been foisted on people on TV in the first place (nor should wearing a poppy be mandatory btw, before someone brings that up!)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Indeed. I have nothing against freedom of speech, but spreading complete and utter bollocks is another.
    Did he say that in this interview or previously ?

This.
    And the video lost me at “I was talking to Nigel farage the other day..”

Since when has being ****ed off for talking mostly bollocks, been referred to as being 'cancelled' I cancel idiots on a daily basis in my job, and no doubt the same happens to me on a regular basis. Some of these blokes ain't half softies.

he was also asked to step down from his role as an ambassador for Southampton - a club where he's a genuine legend, after publicly denying Russian war crimes in Ukraine.

absolutely loved him as a player, all the more because he wasn't at a big club. even without all the conspiracy shite he was a pretty boring pundit.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I would be interested to see his rebuttal to some of that, although I do remember him writing some nonsense about Anne Frank, which really..I mean, if ever there is a topic to leave alone it's that!

From the video, it's mainly the BLM stuff that did for him, and I think that is totally wrong, as it is a political organisation backed by a specific theory on race relations and not signing up to it is perfectly legitimate and it should never have been foisted on people on TV in the first place (nor should wearing a poppy be mandatory btw, before someone brings that up!)
    It would be interesting to hear Skys take on the sacking. Maybe it was all the above and not just the BLM piece. Having one side of the story is the full picture.

It’s possibly easier for him to blame that as there’s plenty of that type of person in the country that is against people championing BLM. Throw in his other conspiracies and he’s elevated from champion of the gammons to fruitcake.

Quote Originally Posted by robjohn44 View Post
    Did he say that in this interview or previously ?
    Think he's tweeted about a fair number of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    he was also asked to step down from his role as an ambassador for Southampton - a club where he's a genuine legend, after publicly denying Russian war crimes in Ukraine.

absolutely loved him as a player, all the more because he wasn't at a big club. even without all the conspiracy shite he was a pretty boring pundit.
    How do you know theres Russian war crimes ? you dont believe our media and governments do you ?

Or did the only journalist left Julian assange give you proof like he did for our war crimes ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Welcome to the new world including a small few on CCMB if your view is not to the liking your a C!!t or T!!t

Classic for me is having a view on Taking the knee (or taking a knee) you even get picked up for getting that description wrong
    Welcome to the world as it ever was where Life on Mars cries about people being called a c**t on a thread where no one's said anything of the sort

Thought LeTissier coped well with the searingly difficult questions he was asked.