+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Matt Le Tissier Sacking

Re: Matt Le Tissier Sacking

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    It would be interesting to hear Skys take on the sacking. Maybe it was all the above and not just the BLM piece. Having one side of the story is the full picture.

It’s possibly easier for him to blame that as there’s plenty of that type of person in the country that is against people championing BLM. Throw in his other conspiracies and he’s elevated from champion of the gammons to fruitcake.

Nice Insult you obviously know nothing of the political and social aims of the marxist blm agenda supported by billionaires.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Welcome to the world as it ever was where Life on Mars cries about people being called a c**t on a thread where no one's said anything of the sort
    Come on now. The real victim in all of this is Life On Mars. The epic struggle continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    It would be interesting to hear Skys take on the sacking. Maybe it was all the above and not just the BLM piece. Having one side of the story is the full picture.

It’s possibly easier for him to blame that as there’s plenty of that type of person in the country that is against people championing BLM. Throw in his other conspiracies and he’s elevated from champion of the gammons to fruitcake.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by robjohn44 View Post
    Nice Insult you obviously know nothing of the political and social aims of the marxist blm agenda supported by billionaires.
    If he doesn't, then why don't you tell him?

Those Marxist billionaires!

There is a lot of right wing garbage spread about cancel culture. Piers Morgan is one of the biggest offenders. Yet unless you believe in his views he would want you cancelled. An example being his complaint Welsh footballers were not singing GSTQ at the London Olympics so they should not have been allowed to play. Cancel culture when it suits.

Le Tissier would have been very well paid by SKY for 15 years. They chose not to renew his contract. He didn’t have a job for life there nor should have expected to. He hasn’t been cancelled. He has just not had his contract renewed. Big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    If he doesn't, then why don't you tell him?

Those Marxist billionaires!
    if there's one thing billionaires are known for its their Marxist agendas right?

The most underrated player of the Premier League era IMO.

I applaud him for taking a stand and saying what he believes.
    I disagree with him on vaccines and I disagreed with his retweet about Bucha (which he deleted and apologized for).

I don't think he has been canceled I've not heard him say that he is being canceled.

He raises some valid points which in an ideal world should be discussed sensibly.

I watched his Undr The Cosh appearance yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it.

https://youtu.be/tg9X9RM_9No

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    The most underrated player of the Premier League era IMO.

I applaud him for taking a stand and saying what he believes.
    I disagree with him on vaccines and I disagreed with his retweet about Bucha (which he deleted and apologized for).

I don't think he has been canceled I've not heard him say that he is being canceled.

He raises some valid points which in an ideal world should be discussed sensibly.

I watched his Undr The Cosh appearance yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it.

https://youtu.be/tg9X9RM_9No
    Do you think he was underrated as a player? Maybe he didn't play much for England, but everyone thought he was amazing.

How do you know theres Russian war crimes ? you dont believe our media and governments do you ?

Or did the only journalist left Julian assange give you proof like he did for our war crimes ?
    I would suggest that you just turn your tv on, no sound, and watch the coverage of Ukraine. If you think that what appears in front if your eyes is not Russian atrocities being carried out then there is no hope for you. Did Ukraine invade Russia ? Has Ukraine been blowing up its own buildings with people inside ? Have Ukrainian snipers been deliberately shooting its own people and shoving the bodies in open graves ? Honest to god man, how can you make comments like that ?

Do you think he was underrated as a player? Maybe he didn't play much for England, but everyone thought he was amazing.
    He wasn't underrated as a player in my opinion. Spurs and Chelsea came knocking while he was at Southampton, and maybe Manchester United, i'm not sure on that one. He just didn't fancy it, was happy in Southampton.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I would be interested to see his rebuttal to some of that, although I do remember him writing some nonsense about Anne Frank, which really..I mean, if ever there is a topic to leave alone it's that!

From the video, it's mainly the BLM stuff that did for him, and I think that is totally wrong, as it is a political organisation backed by a specific theory on race relations and not signing up to it is perfectly legitimate and it should never have been foisted on people on TV in the first place (nor should wearing a poppy be mandatory btw, before someone brings that up!)
    He can't rebut it - that's exactly what he tweeted/retweeted.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    You clearly didn't listen to what he said in that interview. He didn't want to wear a political slogan and criticised lockdowns. Seems reasonable. Or do you support global media organisations over a small degree of freedom of expression?
    Oh yeah, me thinking it's a stupid idea to regularly retweet bullshit means I support global media organisations over a small degree of freedom of expression. Of course it does.

How do you know theres Russian war crimes ? you dont believe our media and governments do you ?

Or did the only journalist left Julian assange give you proof like he did for our war crimes ?
    What do you think is currently happening in Ukraine?

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    He can't rebut it - that's exactly what he tweeted/retweeted.
    Well on the first point, he would probably say it was taken out of context. People stupidly get referred to nazis all the time it doesn't necessarily mean you take it literally. But I agree, it's stupid territory to enter.

I do, if he wasn't English...he'd be considered an all time great.

Be it the England thing or the looks I get when I respond to the question of who's the best player in the Premier League era.

Fabulous player.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    This.
    And the video lost me at “I was talking to Nigel farage the other day..”
    That was the interviewer who said that and at the end of the day thats his job, so why wouldn't he speak to Nigel Farage. What has it got to do with the Matt Le Tissier situation anyway ?

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    This.
    And the video lost me at “I was talking to Nigel farage the other day..”
    😂😂😂😂😂

Batsh!t crazy former excellent footballer (who decided not to join a bigger club) has lost his role at Sky because he’s starting to attract attention to his rantings.
    Whilst he’s entitled to his opinion, he is in the public eye and his assertions are at the very least controversial and to many people - disrespectful, particularly when so many have died from COVID or the war in Ukraine.
    Sky is the very media that he distrusts, so is it any wonder that they don’t want to be associated with him?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Batsh!t crazy former excellent footballer (who decided not to join a bigger club) has lost his role at Sky because he’s starting to attract attention to his rantings.
    Whilst he’s entitled to his opinion, he is in the public eye and his assertions are at the very least controversial and to many people - disrespectful, particularly when so many have died from COVID or the war in Ukraine.
    Sky is the very media that he distrusts, so is it any wonder that they don’t want to be associated with him?
    He has said on numerous occasions that people don't have the ability to think for themselves, that's code for not agreeing with him.

I do, if he wasn't English...he'd be considered an all time great.

Be it the England thing or the looks I get when I respond to the question of who's the best player in the Premier League era.

Fabulous player.
    He was stunning, and he scored some of the best PL goals of the 90s - but an all-time great? I'm not sure he did anywhere near enough for that.

It's nice that he stayed at Southampton, but he never played at the champions League level, or in Europe at all as far as I remember (may be wrong). Serie A was a bigger deal in his era. I'd love to have seen him play there, though I just can't see him measuring up against the all-time greats like Zidane, Baggio, Batistuta, or even the "second string greats" of the time like Mihajlovic or Hagi.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He has said on numerous occasions that people don't have the ability to think for themselves, that's code for not agreeing with him.
    At the end of that undr the cosh video I posted the link to...he says that people do have the ability to think for themselves.
    I think his biggest beef is not fully trusting the media at the moment.

I certainly don't trust the established media at the moment but that doesn't mean that I trust any other Tom Dick or Harry online either.

He was stunning, and he scored some of the best PL goals of the 90s - but an all-time great? I'm not sure he did anywhere near enough for that.

It's nice that he stayed at Southampton, but he never played at the champions League level, or in Europe at all as far as I remember (may be wrong). Serie A was a bigger deal in his era. I'd love to have seen him play there, though I just can't see him measuring up against the all-time greats like Zidane, Baggio, Batistuta, or even the "second string greats" of the time like Mihajlovic or Hagi.
    This is why I think he's underrated :)

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    That goes for a lot of people though; Gary Lineker springs to mind, but a lot of this is twitter chip paper. It passes, and I don't think it's reasonable or remotely healthy for all media personalities to have to toe the line and support political positions they don't agree with, which is why he says he was sacked.

It does feel rather like having to show sufficient support for a religious or political cause and we should be better than that

This is why I think he's underrated :)
    Fair enough!

For me, the consensus on him is just about right.

At the end of that undr the cosh video I posted the link to...he says that people do have the ability to think for themselves.
    I think his biggest beef is not fully trusting the media at the moment.

I certainly don't trust the established media at the moment but that doesn't mean that I trust any other Tom Dick or Harry online either.
    I don't particularly trust the Established Media either, not so much in terms of outright lying, but more so in following a Narrative and not investigating or reporting in a nuanced manner. I know that you were never a fan, and i fully concede that he had his failings, but Jeremy Corbyn was given plenty of treatment by the media that was almost always negative, when some of it just wasn't true. I kind of like Matt Le Tissier, seems a decent bloke who would probably sit and listen to both sides of an argument, it's just a shame that he seems to have dived in with two feet, which is a first in his career