+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proposed designated singing section at front of the canton stand?

Proposed designated singing section at front of the canton stand?

Seen a lot about this on social media but not on here so apologies if im late to the party on this one.

Any thoughts on it? I think it sounds a bit naff.

Re: Proposed designated singing section at front of the canton stand?

The Canton is already the designated singing section no? And all the singers gravitate towards the back not the front.

Is this in conjunction the drummers or will they having a chant-off?
    Good luck to them but I think being at the front of the stands isn't the best place.

If this replaces the drummers I’m all for it

No way am I standing in the front to get a shit perspective of the pitch and soaked if it rains, never understood the attraction myself

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    The Canton is already the designated singing section no? And all the singers gravitate towards the back not the front.
    That's what the safe standing area is for I thought.

They set up a fan group of younger fans a little while ago and I think they're trying to sort an 'Ultra' section, but probably under a different name.

Imagine it's easier to put them there as there's probably less season ticket holders to shift.

Understand the drums etc are likely to move into that lower section too, with whole stand remaining as a 'standing/singing' area.

Since when did Cardiff City need a designated area for singing and chanting? What a load of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    They set up a fan group of younger fans a little while ago and I think they're trying to sort an 'Ultra' section, but probably under a different name.

Imagine it's easier to put them there as there's probably less season ticket holders to shift.

Understand the drums etc are likely to move into that lower section too, with whole stand remaining as a 'standing/singing' area.
    Yes i sas a thread on twitter about encouraging others to move to the front and it will say singing section on the season ticket cards? Or it will be called the adar glas maybe?

When you say "they" set up, who are they? The club?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Since when did Cardiff City need a designated area for singing and chanting? What a load of crap.
    Exactly what I thought…..

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Yes i sas a thread on twitter about encouraging others to move to the front and it will say singing section on the season ticket cards? Or it will be called the adar glas maybe?

When you say "they" set up, who are they? The club?

Not really sure. I presume club if they're having something put on the cards and moving the drums though as would need permission.

Adar Glas is the name, yeah

Can someone link the twitter thread here? I’ve tried looking but can’t find it

The very term 'singing section' is beyond naff, but also, that is in effect what the Canton Stand already is. In fairness to the club, they have allowed fans to stand there for several years, the tickets are reasonably cheap. I don't know what more can be done aside perhaps from a return to proper terracing or playing good football. Labelling the front of the stand as a singing section won't make much difference.

What would help, is allowing fans to stand in the Ninian stand close to the away fans.

Youngsters trying to bring some atmosphere back, fantastic and good luck to them.

The bottom of the stand isn't a designated safe standing area. Unless the plan is for a seated singing and drumming (and perhaps hokey cokey-ing, juggling, folk and ballroom dancing) section, which I rather doubt, then how could the club condone it given the ground regulations about persistent standing?

From reading that twitter thread it appears the club's hierarchy is actually organising this proposed naffness.

International

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Agreed

Bring back safe singing

To be honest, if it helps the atmosphere, then good on them. Something needed to be done, because the atmosphere most of the time is shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    To be honest, if it helps the atmosphere, then good on them. Something needed to be done, because the atmosphere most of the time is shocking.

Don’t you think that’s something to do with the shit that’s been churned out on the pitch ?

It does sound a bit Crystal Palace which im pretty sure some fans were praising on here a while back.

Who cares you dont have to join.

How many moaning are sitting on their backsides in the Ninian or Grandstand moaning about the songs or lack of atmosphere while contributing next to zero to it

To be fair the youngsters in the Canton have a right go. The Ninian Stands been poor apart from certain games since it opened.

Any atmosphere generates from the Canton as well. Virtually never from other areas.

If this improves it and the songs then great.

How many chants have ever been generated from the front of the stands, home or away? Will there be an animateur with words held up on boards to cue the songs? Can't say I'd be keen on a rubbish view and rain/wind induced hyperthermia for much of the season. Might drown out Dai Hunt though so there may be one advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    It does sound a bit Crystal Palace which im pretty sure some fans were praising on here a while back.

Who cares you dont have to join.

How many moaning are sitting on their backsides in the Ninian or Grandstand moaning about the songs or lack of atmosphere while contributing next to zero to it

To be fair the youngsters in the Canton have a right go. The Ninian Stands been poor apart from certain games since it opened.

Any atmosphere generates from the Canton as well. Virtually never from other areas.

If this improves it and the songs then great.
    I agree, but the only thing I would add is that the club specifically enforced seating in the Ninian Stand, which does make generating an atmosphere very difficult.

We had four areas of note at Ninian Park; the eastern part of the Bob Bank seats, the Bob Bank terracing, the Grange End and the eastern part of the Grandstand. We are now down to one.

Thats not to say the atmosphere at NP didn't come with some drawbacks of course, but I do think having a couple of areas would be beneficial and being a bit more tolerant of standing in the ninian lower by the away fans would help.

A designated drugs section would probably do more to improve the atmosphere. I stood in front of a couple of lads who talked very loudly about how they had taken ecstasy before the recent Wales game against Belgium and they seemed to have a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    A designated drugs section would probably do more to improve the atmosphere. I stood in front of a couple of lads who talked very loudly about how they had taken ecstasy before the recent Wales game against Belgium and they seemed to have a great time.
    Maybe Big Box Little Box Cardboard Box could catch on as a new chant