+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: It's happening....

Re: It's happening....

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Yes, it’s the WORLD CUP! That must surely be his primary focus in life right now, right?

Gareth Bale still playing professional football at 35? Rightio….

Anyway, we’ll apparently see one way or the other in the next few days.
    I've read plenty of player interviews where they've said representing their country at the World Cup is the highlight of their career. I haven't seen much from Bale over the years to imagine him saying anything different after he retires. So being a few months away from the World Cup, I would think it's his primary focus.

I said he could still play in the US at 35, he's quite capable of it, not that he definitely would still be playing then.

https://vimeo.com/723346328

Edit: this is just pretend, it's NOT real!
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 23-06-22 at 13:07. Reason: Clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    https://vimeo.com/723346328

Edit: this is just pretend, it's NOT real!
    Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    it might have been a photo of him at CSS with a city shirt in his hand ? ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I've read plenty of player interviews where they've said representing their country at the World Cup is the highlight of their career. I haven't seen much from Bale over the years to imagine him saying anything different after he retires. So being a few months away from the World Cup, I would think it's his primary focus.
    I’m sure it’s his primary focus (and maybe his only focus) in football terms, but I’m sure he’s got other priorities in life. I get the strong impression that Bale’s next move is very likely to be his last. I’ve got no doubt that he’ll be focusing on more than just the World Cup.

It's public now! Until I'm told to take it down!

Well this is the worst thing I've read on it so far this week...drifting away....

Paul Abbandonato
    @PaulAbbandonato

Replying to @BarmyBluebird94 @GarethBale11 @CardiffCityFC

My feeling was very much Cardiff Dan, 90-plus per cent, but then I'm told today it might be 'drifting away'. I genuinely think he's completely torn, could go either way. While that's the case, I retain hope...
    I'd take 90%

Paul's covering the bases.

Bale Moves from Citizen's Nephew on Vimeo.

Disclaimer: This is not real (Madrid)!

Why would he and his young family want to spend a couple of years in America when they can spend the rest of their lives in South Wales?

Good question….
    Surely with a young family you'd rather pick somewhere you'll be living long-term, near the rest of your extended family rather than the other side of the Atlantic? I think you've made good points on why he'd go elsewhere, but surely family reasons is one of our few advantages?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    I'd take 90%

Paul's covering the bases.
    Guarantee this is the best week in ages for WOL viewership.

Paul’s post out me into a right old grump. Checking my wallet for the receipt for the cava to take it back to Co-Op

If he doesn't sign at this point it's TLG's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Surely with a young family you'd rather pick somewhere you'll be living long-term, near the rest of your extended family rather than the other side of the Atlantic?
    Let’s assume the offers from America are attractive in financial terms. Why would anyone like Bale who has just spent nearly a decade in Spain want to move back home now instead of embarking on another overseas adventure for a couple of years, especially as his career is drawing to a close? I’d imagine doing so would be an exciting idea for him and his family, but who knows? Only they do I guess.

Let’s assume the offers from America are attractive in financial terms. Why would anyone like Bale who has just spent nearly a decade in Spain want to move back home now instead of embarking on another overseas adventure for a couple of years, especially as his career is drawing to a close? I’d imagine doing so would be an exciting idea for him and his family, but who knows? Only they do I guess.
    Equally having spent time away they may want to return home rather than settle in to a new country, culture etc only to move away again if they want to live in Wales

If he doesn't sign at this point it's TLG's fault.
    It will be. I bought a season ticket for the first time in a decade a couple of months ago. The only way is down.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Equally having spent time away they may want to return home rather than settle in to a new country, culture etc only to move away again if they want to live in Wales
    Maybe. Only they will know.

It will be. I bought a season ticket for the first time in a decade a couple of months ago. The only way is down.
    Welcome back

Great to hear you're BACK back

I thought you said you would never give a penny of your hard earned money to the club whilst Tan was in charge

PS welcome home

Keep the faith, fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    I thought you said you would never give a penny of your hard earned money to the club whilst Tan was in charge

PS welcome home
    Mrs Citizen says this kind of thing to me all the time! I just reply "I'm allowed to change my mind!"

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Mrs Citizen says this kind of thing to me all the time! I just reply "I'm allowed to change my mind!"

I’m sure it’s his primary focus (and maybe his only focus) in football terms, but I’m sure he’s got other priorities in life. I get the strong impression that Bale’s next move is very likely to be his last. I’ve got no doubt that he’ll be focusing on more than just the World Cup.
    In a few years he can go on holiday all he likes playing the best golf courses in the world everyday, he can only play football for so long….

I think he'll sign to an MLS club on the condition he is then loaned to Cardiff until (their) next season
    As much as i'd LOVE to see him here if it's not a full season then i'd rather not do it at all