Cardiff 4/6
    MLS 11/8.
    Back to 5/6 and 1/1 now.

A £20 bet probably moves that market.

Re: It's happening....

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Back to 5/6 and 1/1 now.

A £20 bet probably moves that market.
    😂😂😂 Your right. Someones had a bet on the MLS.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Your right. Someones had a bet on the MLS.
    Looks like another couple of quid has gone on the American option. The SkyBet odds are now 8/11 any MLS club, 11/10 Cardiff.

For those who believe Bale signing for City is a formality, you now have a chance to double your money.

Paddy Power and Betfair make the any MLS club option an 8/15 chance. I doubt it means much, though.

Looks like another couple of quid has gone on the American option. The SkyBet odds are now 8/11 any MLS club, 11/10 Cardiff.

For those who believe Bale signing for City is a formality, you now have a chance to double your money.

Paddy Power and Betfair make the any MLS club option an 8/15 chance. I doubt it means much, though.
    Don’t worry, it’s not over until Anuus says it is!

Something I find a little strange, it's apparently a straight shoot out between us and a team in the MLS (DC United being the name consistently raised), however there is absolutely nothing in the American press even mentioning it as a possibility. There was talk about it a month or so ago, but then silence.

I had a look on a a DC United forum and nothing. In fact they appear to have signed a Chillean international attacker from someone in Turkey over past few days.

Of course it could be they dont want to bring attention to it; or its not DC United. It just strikes me as strange, he'd presumably be second behind Beckham in terms of a celebrity export going out there. I would just expect a whole lot of noise.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Something I find a little strange, it's apparently a straight shoot out between us and a team in the MLS (DC United being the name consistently raised)….,.
    Do you believe that to be the case based on solid information or are you just relying on the talk in the local press and the betting odds?

Personally, I’d be surprised if offers from elsewhere aren’t under consideration.

It just strikes me as strange, he'd presumably be second behind Beckham in terms of a celebrity export going out there. I would just expect a whole lot of noise.
    I think Zlatan would have something to say about that.

Saying that Zlatan would put himself at no.1.

I think Thierry Henry would also count as a bigger celebrity.

Do you believe that to be the case based on solid information or are you just relying on the talk in the local press and the betting odds?

Personally, I’d be surprised if offers from elsewhere aren’t under consideration.
    I was under the impression a number of opportunities in this country have already been put to bed some time ago. It doesn't mean that something else hasn't come about of course, in this country or elsewhere. Maybe that explains the delay. I've tried a few places but it does sound like a decision has yet to been made, at least that's the official line.

I still find it weird that there is considerable noise over here about the MLS and there's no talk of it over there.

I think Thierry Henry would also count as a bigger celebrity.

Saying that Zlatan would put himself at no.1.

We'll go top 5 then

We'll go top 5 then
    The others were more groundbreaking.

Bale would just be the normal end of season pay day. Romance aside he has hardly played for the past few seasons and romance aside number two when he has played for Wales oh boy has he delivered but his general game is way off.

We'll go top 5 then
    Sorry Zlatan. 8m Twitter Followers v. 19m.

I was under the impression a number of opportunities in this country have already been put to bed some time ago. It doesn't mean that something else hasn't come about of course, in this country or elsewhere. Maybe that explains the delay. I've tried a few places but it does sound like a decision has yet to been made, at least that's the official line.

I still find it weird that there is considerable noise over here about the MLS and there's no talk of it over there.
    Wasn’t there something in Wales Online saying the offer that is also being considered was not necessarily from MLS?

I put a tenner on Newcastle at 16 - 1 earlier - just saying - not in the know - just a gut feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Sorry Zlatan. 8m Twitter Followers v. 19m.
    Cmon Twitter is for old people.😂

Instagram Zlatan has over 54m. 😀

Cmon Twitter is for old people.😂

Instagram Zlatan has over 54m. 😀
    Fek all. If Bale went to MLS he’d probably double that paltry amount. Not that I’m recommending that should be his main motive in his next move.

If Bale went to MLS he’d probably double that paltry amount.
    he's not well known in the states at all, Zlatan has a far bigger profile

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    You don’t think they would do their homework and realise this guy is a 5 times champions league winner?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Well yes. Zlatan played for LA Galaxy. Anyway I don’t think we’re being serious here are we?

Skybet latest.

Another £20 bet on the MLS.?

MLS now slight favs.

MLS 4/5
    City Evens.

What is the logic of the MLS? Let’s be optimistic & say he starts playing by the end of July, most MLS sides will have 6 games left and their regular season finishes on October 9th. Doesn’t that defeat the objective of what he’s trying to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    What is the logic of the MLS? Let’s be optimistic & say he starts playing by the end of July, most MLS sides will have 6 games left and their regular season finishes on October 9th. Doesn’t that defeat the objective of what he’s trying to do?
    I think that may suit him. Some game time and a break so hes not injured for the World Cup.

I think the chances of a near 100% match fit Bale at the World Cup is slim.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I think I read half the MLS teams qualify for their play-offs. So if he picks carefully he could potentially have between 1-4 games after that to complete the season.

I think I read half the MLS teams qualify for their play-offs. So if he picks carefully he could potentially have between 1-4 games after that to complete the season.
    the temperature in Texas in August for example is also going to be a lot closer to Qatar than here as well